Thanks to Obama Policies, DOW is up 8,000 points from Bush debacle

Thank God a Democrat won the presidency after 8 years of republican rule. They almost put us in another damn depression.

Thank God a Democrat won the presidency after 8 years of republican rule. They almost put us in another damn depression.

What policy almost put us into a depression. You talk like you know what is going on, yet, you can't answer, what should really be easy questions for you.

Throughout U.S. history, Democrats have always rescued the Country from the economic wreckage of a Republican administration.

No different in Obama's rescue from the Bush/Republican travesty.

And have Conservatives learned a thing from their failed economic policies that are driven by utopian ideology?

Not a thing.

Give them the chance, and they'll bring back the same failed policies, with the very same results.

:(

Dropping like a rock huh?

Does Krugman think he's talking to children? or he just knows the Democrat base...lol

Krugman reminds of Chrissy Matthews...both have went stupid since Obama's election...not a pretty thing

He's not talking to you folks.

Because you've got your reality filters on.

The debt and deficit have been going down.

REALLY...it's not because of Obama..that's reality

A DOW that has spiked 8,000 points, a recovering economy from the worst recession in U.S. history, record corporate earnings, 9 million new jobs, jobless claims lowest in 6 years, profitable Auto and Retail industries, home building at 2005 levels, increased domestic oil production, steady GDP growth and a restoration of middle class wealth ....

.... are certainly not attributable to President Obama

:)

He's not talking to you folks.

Because you've got your reality filters on.

The debt and deficit have been going down.

A DOW that has spiked 8,000 points, a recovering economy from the worst recession in U.S. history, record corporate earnings, 9 million new jobs, jobless claims lowest in 6 years, profitable Auto and Retail industries, home building at 2005 levels, increased domestic oil production, steady GDP growth and a restoration of middle class wealth ....

not according to the Fox/am radio swilling :alcoholic: eXtreme rw'ers here When something doesn't pan-out, they point the finger at the President. When something good happens AGAINST the repubs best efforts to stifle the economy for short-term, political gains they're dumb struck :rolleyes:

Perhaps if you have the time, you would do the rational portion of this board a favor by opening a thread to discuss why banks are not lending?

Bank policy was traditionally to lend money to those who didn't need it - and those who could repay a loan from collateral assets.

... Until George Bush and the Republicans changed all that.

Now, we are back in the Banks' comfort zone.

Perhaps if you have the time, you would do the rational portion of this board a favor by opening a thread to discuss why banks are not lending?

Bank policy was traditionally to lend money to those who didn't need it - and those who could repay a loan from collateral assets.

... Until George Bush and the Republicans changed all that.

Now, we are back in the Banks' comfort zone.

How did George Bush change banking?

Throughout U.S. history, Democrats have always rescued the Country from the economic wreckage of a Republican administration.

And have Conservatives learned a thing from their failed economic policies that are driven by utopian ideology?

Not a thing.

Give them the chance, and they'll bring back the same failed policies, with the very same results.

Driveby- I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not sure if you understand how our Gov't works. The President isn't a dictator, and when he/she is in office it does not mean that their party will make all of the rules, legislative decisions throughout the duration of the Presidency.

During the "Bush years" there were quite a few Democratic lawmakers in Washington. Do you absolve them from all blame?

Just trying to understand your angle of thinking here..

Last edited:
Our President Half Assed Cracka counts on the ignorance of his people.

85 billion a month.....from thin air...and EVERY TIME Bernanke even HINTS they might stop the markets tank......

I wonder if they have a plan when they stop propping up and inflating stock prices....
At some point this has to end.When it does the dopes here on the left will cover Obama's ass and blame republicans...

That's a given....

When QE ends, the economy will have completely recovered from the Bush/Republican wreckage, the DOW will be stabilized at 16,500 - and the healthy companies will lead the DOW to 20,000 with record earnings.

And we will have kept Republicans hands out of the soup ....

Take that to the bank ....

Last edited:
When QE ends, the economy will have completely recovered
Completely recovered because we printed a bunch of money? I'm not sure that makes a whole lot of sense. And as far as I see it the economy collapsed due to reasons that had nothing to do with the Bush Presidency (bad loans, derivatives, greed, etc). Have all of those things been solved? Do the banks no longer hold $700 trillion in derivatives?

What about the Federal Debt? What about the State Bankruptcies? And how do you compete with countries that have workers willing to make $1/hr?

Our President Half Assed Cracka counts on the ignorance of his people.

85 billion a month.....from thin air...and EVERY TIME Bernanke even HINTS they might stop the markets tank......

I wonder if they have a plan when they stop propping up and inflating stock prices....
At some point this has to end.When it does the dopes here on the left will cover Obama's ass and blame republicans...

That's a given....

When QE ends, the economy will have completely recovered from the Bush/Republican wreckage, the DOW will be stabilized at 16,500 - and the healthy companies will lead the DOW to 20,000 with record earnings.

And we will have kept Republicans hands out of the soup ....

Take that to the bank ....

:lol:you're out of your mind...but I knew that already. :lol:

not according to the Fox/am radio swilling :alcoholic: eXtreme rw'ers here When something doesn't pan-out, they point the finger at the President. When something good happens AGAINST the repubs best efforts to stifle the economy for short-term, political gains they're dumb struck :rolleyes:

bares repeating for the hack who missed it;

so, when the Dow broke 14k( first time) in oct. 2007 bush was taken to task ( in a 4.7% UE and 3.2% gdp economy btw) becasue folks were getting 'left behind', Mc'Jobs etc etc etc ..now? 1.7% & 7.4% and its happy days....slobbering hypocrite

Although the Republican right wing celebrates this stumbling economy as a political victory--and as a tool they can use in the next election cycle--the rest of us have to work in it and earn an income.

As an anti-Republican, I can assure you this economy is NOT strong. Neither is it an "Obama" creation, although he could have done much more to fix it.

Until the U.S. "masters of the universe" allow this economic system to focus on job creation instead of inflation prevention, the economy will not improve--it will, in fact, get much worse.

You're an "anti-Republican"? What does that mean exactly? I'm a Republican but I'm also an agnostic who has no problem with same sex marriage, I'm pro-choice and I favor some forms of stricter gun control legislation. So are you "anti" those because I (a Republican) are for them? I hate to point out the obvious here, Mason but your "anti-Republican" stance is rather ridiculous since Republicans don't all agree on issues any more than Democrats do.

I'm curious...you state that Obama could have done much more to fix the economy yet you seem to believe that the "masters of the universe" (which I'll assume is a snide dig towards the Republicans that control the House?) somehow have more control over the economy than the party that controls the Oval Office and the Senate. Do you not grasp that the electorate sent that GOP majority to the House as a response to what Barack Obama and the Progressive wing of the Democratic Party did with their super majorities before the 2010 Mid-terms?

One only has to look at the agenda that Obama was proposing before the 2010 mid-terms...Cap & Trade legislation and Card Check legislation...to realize that his goal was NOT centered on either job creation or growing the economy. Both of those bills would have in fact put more Americans out of work and further slowed the economy.

With that in mind...isn't it really the case that the "masters of the universe" did focus on job creation when they forced Barry to abandon both Cap & Trade and Card Check legislation? That literally saved the jobs of tens of thousands of Americans.

Think about that and get back to me why it's the GOP that are the "bad guys" here...

Not a thing.

Interesting concept...Democrats have bankrupted Detroit and California with their policies...but you think the SAME policies will save the US? :cuckoo:

The "utopian ideology" at play here, Drive...is the Progressive ideology. Every place where you guys have control for any appreciative length of time eventually implodes from debt load and a smothering governmental structure. Almost without fail citizens then elect conservatives to come in and fix things. I'm from Massachusetts, arguably the most liberal State in the nation yet historically Ma. has for quite some time elected Republican Governors like Mitt Romney and William Weld to address growing problems with the debt and too much legislation. The voters of Massachusetts do that for themselves...while sending uber-liberals to Washington as Congressman and Senators. It's the old...do as we say not as we do scenario.

Forum List

Back