Thanks to Obama MY PAYCHECK IS LESS!!!

Wars are generally paid for with a tax increase designed to pay for the war.

War bonds.

War bond - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But most here aren't old enough to remember them.

Bonds are borrowing. They are paid back when they mature. If they are paid back with new borrowed money, they remain effectively unpaid loans.

But they are not borrowin from banks. They are borrowing from the American people. And the interest goes directly to the American people and not to a corporation. The problem is these days people manage their money so stupidly they couldn't buy a bond if their neck depended on it.

We do not have a wealth creation problem, nutter.

We will, the longer nutters like you who cling to failed 19th century economic policies remain in charge.

The hard work and sacrifice of Americans has made this the wealthiest nation on earth. Progressives simply insist that those who do the work get the $$. Strange, huh?

I made $70k at my job last year and I'm not management. I had four weeks of paid vacation, 11 holidays off, a 4% 401k matching, and for the most part never had to put in more than 40 hours a week and I didn't need a union for any of that or ill clad policies of regressive Commies like you. Strange, huh?

It's called working hard, continuously adapting, and making yourself valuable, things I doubt you have the slightest understanding of and probably aren't capable of doing which is why you need the government to wipe your ass for you in the first place. How sad.

Last edited:
We do not have a wealth creation problem, nutter. The hard work and sacrifice of Americans has made this the wealthiest nation on earth. Progressives simply insist that those who do the work get the $$. Strange, huh?

Ahh.. the 'hard work' mantra chant by the progressive ilk

I can work very hard digging a 8 foot hole thru compacted clay with a spork.. it does not mean it is of any value or worth... and if it does not, you should not be compensated a great deal for that 'hard work'

That is my point. When an employer invests in machinery - in your example, an electric or gas post hole auger, the job is much easier and much faster for the employee who does the digging.

Yet, according to the union freeloaders, this employee, in spite the lighter work, should get higher pay.

Liberals/unions/Democrats don't consider any work and investment by employers as hard and valuable work, only as another source of benefits unearned.

Let's see.....for the sake of lame argument......

Spork + 8 hours labor equals one hole dug.

Gas post hole auger + 8 hours labor equals 100 holes dug.

Do you see why your argument is stupid?

Just think of it as your having to start making payments on those 2 wars you bought on credit while Bush was president.
And maybe you could explain to all of us how wars are paid for ? This ought to be good...Oh and lets see now, it's 2013 and still blaming Bush eh ?

No it's called bush cut taxes at record levels, while he did that, 2 wars were started buts payments on these things were pushed back to 2014/2018.

Just think of it as your having to start making payments on those 2 wars you bought on credit while Bush was president.

And Obama continued and expanded.
Good point.
How come you do not hold Obama accountable now?
Is he too stupid to know what he is doing?

And how would I hold him accountable, exactly? By voting for Romney, who promised to increase military spending and cut everyone's taxes another 20%? Was that the more fiscally responsible alternative?

I get automatic deposit.
Because Obama is SO f..king Ignorant about economics having NEVER written one payroll check, having NEVER made any business decisions and because HE hates profits... THANKS to him my paycheck is less!

Taxes kicked in on ALL of us and not just those greedy wealthy 1%!

Because Obama like all of Washington THINKS when you reduce an INCREASE in say Cost of living adjustments.. THAT'S A SPENDING CUT!

NOT ONE true dime of spending cuts occurred. Simple reduction in increases! That's ALL! Except when it comes to collecting taxes!

You are one stupid motherfucker. A deal was reached between the senate and the president. Why are you such a liar?

Did he say there wasn't? He said the deal is a raw deal and he's correct. All they did was plunge us further towards inevitable bankruptcy as a nation.

Wars are generally paid for with a tax increase designed to pay for the war.

War bonds.

Bonds are borrowing. They are paid back when they mature. If they are paid back with new borrowed money, they remain effectively unpaid loans.

A war tax would be better, placed neatly on top of that Balanced Budget Amendment.

When people are paying an extra X percentage for everything they purchase to finance a war, perhaps they'll be less likely to play Armchair Rambo and actually think things through first. You know, reason.

We do not have a wealth creation problem, nutter.

We will, the longer nutters like you who cling to failed 19th century economic policies remain in charge.

The hard work and sacrifice of Americans has made this the wealthiest nation on earth. Progressives simply insist that those who do the work get the $$. Strange, huh?

I made $70k at my job last year and I'm not management. I had four weeks of paid vacation, 11 holidays off, a 4% 401k matching, and for the most part never had to put in more than 40 hours a week and I didn't need a union for any of that or ill clad policies of regressive Commies like you. Strange, huh?

It's called working hard, continuously adapting, and making yourself valuable, things I doubt you have the slightest understanding of and probably aren't capable of doing which is why you need the government to wipe your ass for you in the first place. How sad.

DTMB,

You have demonstrated in many threads that you are a wonderful human...worthy of much respect. Your amazing work ethic...after pulling yourself up with your own bootstraps....is to be admired and emulated by all.

Thanks for sharing. We are all inspired by your success and true American spirit!

You are in IT, right? Post your card here and I'll consider using you for my next upgrade. Or...do I need to call your boss to set that up?

War bonds.

A war tax would be better, placed neatly on top of that Balanced Budget Amendment.

When people are paying an extra X percentage for everything they purchase to finance a war, perhaps they'll be less likely to play Armchair Rambo and actually think things through first. You know, reason.

A tax would take money from you and give you nothing in return. A bond gives you interest in return. That way the people who actually pay reap the reward.

Last edited:

I can work very hard digging a 8 foot hole thru compacted clay with a spork.. it does not mean it is of any value or worth... and if it does not, you should not be compensated a great deal for that 'hard work'

That is my point. When an employer invests in machinery - in your example, an electric or gas post hole auger, the job is much easier and much faster for the employee who does the digging.

Yet, according to the union freeloaders, this employee, in spite the lighter work, should get higher pay.

Liberals/unions/Democrats don't consider any work and investment by employers as hard and valuable work, only as another source of benefits unearned.

And the operation of the spork or the auger is not hard except on the muscles or breaking a sweat... but the person who has to train and fix the machinery in the auger when nobody else in town can fix it is going to demand the money.. not because he broke a sweat or came home after 14 hours straight working, sore as con be.. because his efforts added value and met a demand... and he could not be replaced with one of millions of people who can bend over and dig a hole or hold on to 2 handles whole the machine digs the hole for them

War bonds.

Paying for the Civil War:

The Union government’s decision to implement a broad system of internal taxation not only insured a valuable source of income, but shielded the northern economy from the sort of ruinous inflation experienced by the South. Despite another $150 million Greenback issue, the overall northern inflation rate reached only 80 percent, comparable with the domestic rates during World Wars I and II. The Internal Revenue Act of 1862, enacted by Congress in July, 1862, soaked up much of the inflationary pressure produced by Greenbacks. It did so because the Act placed excise taxes on just about everything, including sin and luxury items like liquor, tobacco, playing cards, carriages, yachts, billiard tables, and jewelry. It taxed patent medicines and newspaper advertisements. It imposed license taxes on practically every profession or service except the clergy. It instituted stamp taxes, value added taxes on manufactured goods and processed meats, inheritance taxes, taxes on the gross receipts of corporations, banks, and insurance companies, as well as taxes on dividends or interest they paid to investors. To administer these excise taxes, along with the tariff system, the Internal Revenue Act also created a Bureau of Internal Revenue, whose first commissioner, George Boutwell, described it as "the largest Government department ever organized."

Tax History Project: The Civil War

Of course there is no wealth creation problem. The wealth is created by people who own companies who hire people, who earn their paychecks and companies whose owners are already paying far more taxes than the freeloaders you Obama and the rest of the Democrats pretend to speak for.

Now, the teacher, the firefighter, the policeman, or any public service employee, who retires with higher pension than his/her salary ever was when working, IS a freeloader, who gets his/her bloated pension due to the actions (blackmailing) of unions.

Also, an able bodied person who refuses to take a job, thereby encouraging illegal immigration IS a freeloader.

A unionized and uneducated assembly line worker who puts in a screw every five minutes and goes for a 20 minute break every hour (two hours?) and gets an hourly rate that a college educated person can only dream of, IS a freeloader. Not to mention the fact that some of them were bailed out with the hard earned tax money of non-unionized honest workers, got a sweet deal on Obamacare and an even sweeter pension deal. While producing vehicles that shake rattle and refuse to roll after a quarter of the miles on a non union built Honda or Toyota.

I don't mind redistributing wealth - VOLUNTARILY! Be it donating your money, time, heart, efforts to the cause you believe in. I spent two weeks of my vacation time each year from 1993 to 2006 working with Habitat for Humanity, Appalachia Service Project, helped rebuild after the 1993 flood in Missouri, the 1994 flood in Albany, GE.

Through history there has NEVER been any entity that collected taxes, which set a different rate for different people. 10% has always been good enough for any church, any government, Hell it's OK even for Muslims.

The idea that those who, by brain or brawn made more money than somebody else should be paying more was born in the diseased mind of Karl Marx ans endorsed by the incompetent and envious class warfare freeloaders like you and Obama.

Cool. I own a company and hire people. I am a wealth creator! Thanks for the new label.

You seem angry and jealous of assembly line workers and first responders. What a sad existence.

Bu.....bu.....bu.... he spent two weeks donating time to Habitat! :badgrin: That makes him a big philantropist now doesn't it!

I am going to attempt to kill (sadly, only figuratively) two looney birds with one post:

LoneLaugher Nobody has a sadder existence than the unfortunate one who laughs alone.

Sunshine, did I claim to be philanthropist? (Check your spelling, BTW). Two weeks out of 52 is a higher percentage of donation than the reported time donated to charity by either Joe Biden or President Obama, which is, in both cases zero. Care to reveal to the world the time you donated to charity?

And as a trivia: In all those years I volunteered I only met one lady from Indianapolis who was Democrat. She cried when Gore lost.

Neither of you are very apt at sarcasm.

Last edited:

A tax would take money from you and give you nothing in return. A bond gives you interest in return.

A bond is borrowed money. More money added to the debit column on our massive debt. Over, what, two trillion dollars has been added to that monstrous debt by our spending on Bush's horrific wars.

More debt on the backs of my kids. And their kids. No thanks.

Paying for the Spanish-American War:

1898 The Spanish-American War proved too brief to inspire the array of financial innovations required to prosecute the Civil War. Congress, however, did not rely exclusively on tariffs or excises to fund the war effort; it turned instead to a national inheritance tax to meet the costs of combat.

The inheritance tax boasted several well-known proponents, the most surprising of whom may have been steel magnate Andrew Carnegie. In "The Gospel of Wealth," his renowned 1890 essay in the North American Review, Carnegie advocated a progressive federal inheritance tax designed to confiscate most of a decedent’s estate, leaving only a modest allowance for immediate heirs. Notable academic economists from Richard T. Ely to E.R.A. Seligman concurred with Carnegie.

The bill passed by Congress in 1898 taxed legacies and inherited personal property on a graduated scale according to the size of the estate and the degree of relationship to the deceased (surviving husbands and wives received a general exemption). A maximum rate of 15 percent applied to bequests from estates valued over $1 million to distant relatives, nonrelatives, or "bodies politic or corporate." The bill also included an excise on receipts in excess of $200,000 assessed to firms in the petroleum and sugar refining industries. Overall, war-time inheritance taxation yielded about $22.5 million.

Tax History Project: Reconstruction to the Spanish-American War

Last edited:

And the operation of the spork or the auger is not hard except on the muscles or breaking a sweat... but the person who has to train and fix the machinery in the auger when nobody else in town can fix it is going to demand the money.. not because he broke a sweat or came home after 14 hours straight working, sore as con be.. because his efforts added value and met a demand... and he could not be replaced with one of millions of people who can bend over and dig a hole or hold on to 2 handles whole the machine digs the hole for them

OK...I'll play...even though you are changing the subject.

How many times the income of the auger operator should the auger repairman earn?

Should the auger operator earn enough money to live on, or is his full time job so easy that he can get another one.

Having seen unions operating, I am sure that if the guy operating the brand new gas auger had the nerve to dig more than one hole in the same length of time - as he did using the spork - he would have his legs broken and tires slashed.

But I won't sink to your level and call you or your argument stupid.

oh well, the citizens voted for this bunch, so now its we all pay for it. The sad part is you haven't seen the worst to come yet. New laws will soon be implemented and more hardships added. Its going to be a hard 4 yrs ahead of us all. BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back