Thanks primarily to human caused climate change, the earth is on the cusp of mass...

My, my, a regular fruitloop convention on this thread.

Question asked and answered by the supposed denier group, and question asked and still unaswered by the warmer peers. Hmm... seems consistent to me. your're right.

Again, those who think and actually provide answers are winning!!!!!!!

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v471/n7336/full/nature09678.html?WT.ec_id=NATURE-20110303

Palaeontologists characterize mass extinctions as times when the Earth loses more than three-quarters of its species in a geologically short interval, as has happened only five times in the past 540 million years or so. Biologists now suggest that a sixth mass extinction may be under way, given the known species losses over the past few centuries and millennia. Here we review how differences between fossil and modern data and the addition of recently available palaeontological information influence our understanding of the current extinction crisis. Our results confirm that current extinction rates are higher than would be expected from the fossil record, highlighting the need for effective conservation measures.

Information from real scientists on the subject of this thread.

And yet more from scientists.

Those who keep taking our biodiversity for granted: dumping corporate waste, spraying copious amounts of herbicides and pesticides, contaminating our water with fluoride, arsenic, and other industrial chemicals while generally ignoring the environment at large, have another thing coming. According to a Stanford biology professor, Rodolfo Dirzo, the earth has begun its 6th mass extinction cycle – and it’s our fault.

More than 3.5 billion years of biodiversity hang in the balance. According to lead author Dirzo, we have reached a tipping point. In a recently published review of scientific literature and an analysis of data published in Science, an international team of scientists cautions that the loss and decline of animals is contributing to what appears to be the beginning of the planet’s sixth mass biological extinction event.

While 320 terrestrial animals have died off since 1500, populations of the remaining animal species show a recurring decline of 25 percent. There is a similar dire prophecy for invertebrate life.

Read more: Warning: Early Signs of Earth?s 6th Mass Extinction in Progress : Natural Society
Follow us: [MENTION=35136]Nat[/MENTION]uralsociety on Twitter | NaturalSociety on Facebook

http://ib.berkeley.edu/labs/barnosky/Barnosky et al Sixth Extinction Nature.pdf

Palaeontologists characterize mass extinctions as times when the Earth loses more than three-quarters of its species in a
geologically short interval, as has happened only five times in the past 540 million years or so. Biologistsnowsuggest that a
sixth mass extinction may be under way, given the known species losses over the past fewcenturies and millennia. Here
we review how differences between fossil and modern data and the addition of recently available palaeontological
information influence our understanding of the current extinction crisis. Our results confirm that current extinction
rates are higher than would be expected fromthe fossil record, highlighting the need for effective conservation measures.

Here is the full article.

Question asked and answered by the supposed denier group, and question asked and still unaswered by the warmer peers. Hmm... seems consistent to me. your're right.

What answers did you idiots provide, other than rightwingnut rants? None at all.

What answers did you idiots provide, other than rightwingnut rants? None at all.

You wishing to challenge an answer doesn't mean the question wasn't answered. So no matter your poliical beliefs question was answered. Sorry dude.

And, still no answer to the one asked to your peer.

The articles were from peer reviewed publications. But I realize that is hard to explain to engineers when you cannot even explain to them why bearings have to be accessable to be lubricated.

The articles were from peer reviewed publications. But I realize that is hard to explain to engineers when you cannot even explain to them why bearings have to be accessable to be lubricated.

Sealed bearings are initially lubricated and then permanently sealed. Thus, said sealed bearings do not have to be accessible to be lubricated after the initial lubrication.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v471/n7336/full/nature09678.html?WT.ec_id=NATURE-20110303

Palaeontologists characterize mass extinctions as times when the Earth loses more than three-quarters of its species in a geologically short interval, as has happened only five times in the past 540 million years or so. Biologists now suggest that a sixth mass extinction may be under way, given the known species losses over the past few centuries and millennia. Here we review how differences between fossil and modern data and the addition of recently available palaeontological information influence our understanding of the current extinction crisis. Our results confirm that current extinction rates are higher than would be expected from the fossil record, highlighting the need for effective conservation measures.

Information from real scientists on the subject of this thread.

But we can stop it - send your gifts and offerings to the biodiversity team at www.fuckingfrauds.com. Trillions of dollars in government grants and access to lear jets by Michael Mann and Pope Algore the Magnificent are the only hope the Earth has....

So was the point of this thread to demonstrate how the crazy crybaby deniers are all members of an extremist-right-wing-kook political cult? If so, it succeeded admirably.

Climate science isn't political. That is, unless you're a hysterical right-wing shrieker, in which case everything is political, and nothing is ever your own fault, being that some big-government bogeyman is clearly the real cause all of your many failures.

So was the point of this thread to demonstrate how the crazy crybaby deniers are all members of an extremist-right-wing-kook political cult? If so, it succeeded admirably.

Climate science isn't political. That is, unless you're a hysterical right-wing shrieker, in which case everything is political, and nothing is ever your own fault, being that some big-government bogeyman is clearly the real cause all of your many failures.
:meow::mm::meow:

In the real universe, the sun is coming out of a century of high solar activity, and the earth is starting a cooling cycle.

Buy fur!

Did extinction happen yet? Did the libtards even set the date for when it's gonna happen yet?

You deniers understand how the world correctly sees you as the hysterical acolytes of a liars' cult, right?

If you didn't understand that, consider this to be your intervention. You're welcome. And yes, I realize that most of you will have to hit rock-bottom before you can start to recover. It's going to be a long process, bringing you all back to sanity, but together we can get through it.

You deniers understand how the world correctly sees you as the hysterical acolytes of a liars' cult, right?

If you didn't understand that, consider this to be your intervention. You're welcome. And yes, I realize that most of you will have to hit rock-bottom before you can start to recover. It's going to be a long process, bringing you all back to sanity, but together we can get through it.
Dude........:thewave:

^ Not a lab experiment

Forum List

Back