Texasss gun safety class - what could possibly go wrong?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Texas school employee shot in gun safety class - Salon.com

A Texas public school employee was accidentally shot and wounded during a district-sponsored handgun safety class. According to local news sources KLTV and The Tyler Morning Telegraph, maintenance worker Glenn Geddie was accidentally shot after a training session aimed towards arming employees.

A statement from the district superintendent read:

At the conclusion of the CHL training on February 27, 2013, one certified person stayed for private instruction with the instructor and had a mechanical malfunction with his weapon. With the assistance of the instructor, the malfunction was addressed, but the gun misfired and the bullet ricocheted coming back to strike the VISD employee in the left leg. The VISD employee was attended to at the scene and transferred to Tyler for further treatment. The injury is not life threatening or disabling. Because of privacy and security issues we cannot make any further statement.

Hopefully, he will make a complete recovery but this certainly points up the problems with giving people a few hours or less instruction and then putting the safety of school kids in that person's hands, as it were.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0]Cop Shoots himself in the leg - YouTube[/ame]

If the damn school system would stop hiring liberal dimwits this wouldnt happen.
It's like giving a gun to a three year old.

Golly gee whiz, I can't find where it said how the victim or shooter voted. Care to point it out to me?

If the damn school system would stop hiring liberal dimwits this wouldnt happen.

Golly gee whiz, I can't find where it said how the victim or shooter voted. Care to point it out to me?

he did the same dam thing you do when you call someone a "rw" even though the story says nothing about political leanings.....how does it feel Dudley to have your kinda bullshit fed to you?...

he did the same dam thing you do when you call someone a "rw" even though the story says nothing about political leanings.....how does it feel Dudley to have your kinda bullshit fed to you?...

The message might have been to subtle for Dudley.

It's TOO subtle for me TOO. How can you believe that any and all wrongs are committed exclusively by Liberals? Are Conservatives TOO smart TO do anything wrong? If that's the case, why isn't the vast majority of thinking people aligned with what passes as Conservatism?

It's TOO subtle for me TOO. How can you believe that any and all wrongs are committed exclusively by Liberals? Are Conservatives TOO smart TO do anything wrong? If that's the case, why isn't the vast majority of thinking people aligned with what passes as Conservatism?

I guess it was TO subtle. I know you're familiar with dick in cheek. I thought you might be familiar with tongue in cheek as well.
Gotta love the spelling Nazis. I've got nothing so I'll critic the spelling.
Go Fuk yorself.
But lets be honest here. He most likely was a lib.

Dont be stupid...

No, seriously....I can't find it either. Do you have another link to another story somewhere that points out this shooting victim's political leanings?

I guess it was TO subtle. I know you're familiar with dick in cheek. I thought you might be familiar with tongue in cheek as well.
Gotta love the spelling Nazis. I've got nothing so I'll critic the spelling.
Go Fuk yorself.
But lets be honest here. He most likely was a lib.
And so the wit and wisdom of the modern American Conservative e serves him poorly to refute arguments. Why would any thinking person subscribe to such a specious ideology?

only if it is about the Democrats ......Dudley does not want to hear anything negative about those his lips are fastened too....

Texas school employee shot in gun safety class - Salon.com

A Texas public school employee was accidentally shot and wounded during a district-sponsored handgun safety class. According to local news sources KLTV and The Tyler Morning Telegraph, maintenance worker Glenn Geddie was accidentally shot after a training session aimed towards arming employees.

A statement from the district superintendent read:

At the conclusion of the CHL training on February 27, 2013, one certified person stayed for private instruction with the instructor and had a mechanical malfunction with his weapon. With the assistance of the instructor, the malfunction was addressed, but the gun misfired and the bullet ricocheted coming back to strike the VISD employee in the left leg. The VISD employee was attended to at the scene and transferred to Tyler for further treatment. The injury is not life threatening or disabling. Because of privacy and security issues we cannot make any further statement.
Hopefully, he will make a complete recovery but this certainly points up the problems with giving people a few hours or less instruction and then putting the safety of school kids in that person's hands, as it were.

You are so right, we should only let police have guns because they never accidentally shoot anyone, especially during training.

Wooster officer shot during training session - The Daily Record

Forum List

Back