Texas teacher posed nude, should she be fired?

Dallas Teacher Posed Nude For Playboy?Should She Lose Her Job? (VIDEO)

10162667134_e181999dc0.jpg

DallasNews reports that,

A Dallas ISD teacher who had posed nude for Playboy’s website has caused a stir with students and at least one parent, who questioned whether she should be in the classroom.Cristy Nicole Deweese — who was “Coed of the Month” in February 2011 — is a first-year teacher at Rosie M. Collins Sorrells School of Education and Social Services at Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Center. The magnet high school serves students in grades nine through 12.

Deweese is 21, teaches Spanish and goes by the name Cristy Nicole in Playboy’s online photos and videos.

The district is aware of the concerns, DISD spokesman Jon Dahlander said Friday. “This is a personnel matter, and it will not be discussed.”

One of the comments:

She should only be dismissed if every politician and preacher who have made and staked their careers on family values but visited hookers, had affairs, molested children, foot-tapped in men's bathrooms, and sexually harassed their male and female aides, assistants and parishioners also have to resign, first.

I agree but, more to the point, how does this impact her teaching job? It shouldn't but in the current atmosphere of attacking women, being afraid of women and voting against women having basic rights to their own bodily functions, the bible thumping nutters will look on this as ammo.

Probably her way of getting legislators to give teachers (who are underpaid) a pay raise. I have never understood why teachers who shape future minds are very underpaid.

Would there be calls for her termination if she was a nudist and one of her students found her pictures on a nudist website? How about if her ex put a sex tape of her online? How about if she posed for a real artist instead of Playboy? If her picture was in a museum instead of a men's magazine? Or if she was an actress who taught acting classes and had done a nude scene?

None of which is apropos of nada.

Her contract in Texas will determine if the Board terminates employment.

What if it had been a male teacher?

Excellent question, that. :eusa_clap:

It would still undermine the teacher's authority in the classroom, which is a pretty damn important aspect of education.

I don't have an opinion on her being fired way or another. I do think the reality is that she's going to have a rough go of it in the classroom for a good 4 years until this batch of students completely cycle out. It may take even longer than that.

What if it had been a male teacher?

Excellent question, that. :eusa_clap:

It would still undermine the teacher's authority in the classroom, which is a pretty damn important aspect of education.

I don't have an opinion on her being fired way or another. I do think the reality is that she's going to have a rough go of it in the classroom for a good 4 years until this batch of students completely cycle out. It may take even longer than that.

Hard to see how a third party's self-righteous moral judgments can affect authority, but again, where salacious pictorial evidence undermining any teacher's authority (if that's what it does) does not exist, the hormone-drowning teenage boys in the class can be counted on to invent one. Chances are they already did so about this teacher long before anything came out about this photo shoot. This is a well known phenomemon - basic testosterone poisoning.

I really doubt such pictorial documentation makes a whit of difference. Actually the truth is likely to be tamer than the fantasies and, if anything, may have actually watered them down. But to pretend that such ideas weren't already in those testosterone-poisoned heads is to simply not understand testosterone poisoning.

But to Bianco's original observation, we should leave the final word to the females but I doubt if there's a comparable estrogen poisoning phenomenon, so this case arguably says far more about gender double standards than it does about anything else, since the entire self-righteous premise is based on that old fallacious chestnut that women are not supposed to have a sex drive.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back