Texas teacher posed nude, should she be fired?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Dallas Teacher Posed Nude For Playboy?Should She Lose Her Job? (VIDEO)

10162667134_e181999dc0.jpg

DallasNews reports that,

A Dallas ISD teacher who had posed nude for Playboy’s website has caused a stir with students and at least one parent, who questioned whether she should be in the classroom.Cristy Nicole Deweese — who was “Coed of the Month” in February 2011 — is a first-year teacher at Rosie M. Collins Sorrells School of Education and Social Services at Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Center. The magnet high school serves students in grades nine through 12.

Deweese is 21, teaches Spanish and goes by the name Cristy Nicole in Playboy’s online photos and videos.

The district is aware of the concerns, DISD spokesman Jon Dahlander said Friday. “This is a personnel matter, and it will not be discussed.”

One of the comments:

She should only be dismissed if every politician and preacher who have made and staked their careers on family values but visited hookers, had affairs, molested children, foot-tapped in men's bathrooms, and sexually harassed their male and female aides, assistants and parishioners also have to resign, first.

I agree but, more to the point, how does this impact her teaching job? It shouldn't but in the current atmosphere of attacking women, being afraid of women and voting against women having basic rights to their own bodily functions, the bible thumping nutters will look on this as ammo.

The teacher serves at the pleasure of the school board.

It can release her without any statement of cause.

Assuming she is not a member of a collective bargaining unit (in which case, any disciplinary action has to be conducted accordingly), she is still a government employee and not quite the same as a private sector employee who is employed "at will."

My take on it would be that posing nude comes under the heading of Free Speech, especially since it occurred before she was hired.

I like the 'hypocritically puritanical state like Texas' in the story. One-hundred percent right-on!

If she violated conditions of employment.

To me it looks like the pictures were taken before she was hired. If they required disclosure and she didn't then they would have easy grounds for firing. If they didn't ask in the application, then they have less standing, considering she was not employed when she did it (which would probably violate a morals clause in her terms of employment.

That being said....

b05a5df6_Borat-VeryNice.jpg

Dallas Teacher Posed Nude For Playboy?Should She Lose Her Job? (VIDEO)

10162667134_e181999dc0.jpg

DallasNews reports that,

A Dallas ISD teacher who had posed nude for Playboy’s website has caused a stir with students and at least one parent, who questioned whether she should be in the classroom.Cristy Nicole Deweese — who was “Coed of the Month” in February 2011 — is a first-year teacher at Rosie M. Collins Sorrells School of Education and Social Services at Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Center. The magnet high school serves students in grades nine through 12.

Deweese is 21, teaches Spanish and goes by the name Cristy Nicole in Playboy’s online photos and videos.

The district is aware of the concerns, DISD spokesman Jon Dahlander said Friday. “This is a personnel matter, and it will not be discussed.”

One of the comments:

She should only be dismissed if every politician and preacher who have made and staked their careers on family values but visited hookers, had affairs, molested children, foot-tapped in men's bathrooms, and sexually harassed their male and female aides, assistants and parishioners also have to resign, first.

I agree but, more to the point, how does this impact her teaching job? It shouldn't but in the current atmosphere of attacking women, being afraid of women and voting against women having basic rights to their own bodily functions, the bible thumping nutters will look on this as ammo.

Who knows, Luddly! But the big question is ........Will she make the sex offenders list? :eek:

I hear that was the reason stated for the football player taking his life? They put his name on the list of sex offenders for streaking? Will she make that list? Only time will tell.. stay tuned! Because I'm not! - Jeri p.s. she has a very pretty face.

Last edited:
Per the OPs link:

Cristy Nicole Deweese — who was “Coed of the Month” in February 2011 — is a first-year teacher at Rosie M. Collins Sorrells School of Education and Social Services at Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Center. The magnet high school serves students in grades nine through 12.

She posed four years ago.
Background checks are required and I'm quite sure this came up in her BG check. Some BG checks specify a certain time range. Posing for Playboy may not be an issue, or was outside the timeline. If a teacher can't pass a BG check they don't get hired.

They belong to a union.

Standard 1.10. The educator shall be of good moral character and be worthy to instruct or supervise the youth of this state.
^^Is the only thing I could find that comes close to the issue.^^
Also indicates during employment, not prior to employment.

Personal conclusion is not enough information has been given or can be found.

Assuming she is not a member of a collective bargaining unit (in which case, any disciplinary action has to be conducted accordingly), she is still a government employee and not quite the same as a private sector employee who is employed "at will."

My take on it would be that posing nude comes under the heading of Free Speech, especially since it occurred before she was hired.

Not in Texas.

Forum List

Back