Texas Senate Bill Drops Teaching Requirement That Ku Klux Klan Is ‘Morally Wrong’

Who is telling kids it isn't?

You seriously think that

{placeholder for pulled out of your ass emoji}
The Texas legislature. Or the republicans on it at least.

images (20).jpeg

Sure. It had nothing to do with metal working/tooling. It was all those diseases.

:laugh:

No doubt disease played a role, but the natives had primitive technology compared to the arriving Europeans. They were essentially a bunch of nomads who somewhat settled (changed from hunter/gatherer to agrarian, yet not in Texas, where they we still nomadic hunter/gatherers like the Apache and Comanche), but continued with their nomadic ways.

Most civilizations survive long after the disease came.
In the clash of civilizations, the European modal-war machine def. won. The American Natives also lacked domesticated animals too. But, like all humans, they were quick learners. The steel and gunpowder would have given the European an initial advantage. But it's hard to say how much the natives would have assimilated and/or adjusted to the new technologies of war the new comers brought. But that's all history now.

Eliminated requirements also include the writings of Martin Luther King Jr., United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez and suffragist Susan B. Anthony.

In a new political low in Texas, the Republican-dominated state Senate has passed a bill to eliminate a requirement that public schools teach that the Ku Klux Klan and its white supremacist campaign of terror are “morally wrong.”

The cut is among some two dozen curriculum requirements dropped in the measure, along with studying Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the works of United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony’s writings about the women’s suffragist movement, and Native American history.

Critics say the state is promoting an “anti-civics” education.

Senate Bill 3 — passed last Friday 18-4 — drops most mentions of people of color and women from the state’s required curriculum.

That includes eliminating a requirement that students be taught the “history of white supremacy, including but not limited to the institution of slavery, the eugenics movement, and the Ku Klux Klan, and the ways in which it is morally wrong.”

Why has Texas become such a pariah state? What do you think?

Are you sure you're not full of shit? Why do I just know that those are all parts of legislative bombs that have bushels of poison pills in them just so the media could run out and cry wolf?

I'm going to look into this.....and then when I find what I know for sure I'm going to find I'm going to come back here and shove this bullshit right up your ass. If I'm wrong....I will make a very public admission of it to the board here....I have no problem with being wrong when I am. I'll guarantee you there's a lot more to the story than you are presenting here. I know folks from Texas and they are far more diverse and accepting than 80% of the assholes I live with and work with in Massachusetts.....King of all asshole states,

JO

Last edited:

Eliminated requirements also include the writings of Martin Luther King Jr., United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez and suffragist Susan B. Anthony.

In a new political low in Texas, the Republican-dominated state Senate has passed a bill to eliminate a requirement that public schools teach that the Ku Klux Klan and its white supremacist campaign of terror are “morally wrong.”

The cut is among some two dozen curriculum requirements dropped in the measure, along with studying Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the works of United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony’s writings about the women’s suffragist movement, and Native American history.

Senate Bill 3 — passed last Friday 18-4 — drops most mentions of people of color and women from the state’s required curriculum.

That includes eliminating a requirement that students be taught the “history of white supremacy, including but not limited to the institution of slavery, the eugenics movement, and the Ku Klux Klan, and the ways in which it is morally wrong.”

Texans don't need it....they are far and away the most accepting population in this nation and have been since the days of Santa Anna......you don't know shit about Texas. There are more Mixed Marriages there per capita than anywhere else in the US... White/black White/Latino Black/Latino Asian/Everything The Texas House and Senate looks more like the United Nations than a state in the US.....you total moron.

JO

Last edited:
It's hypocritical to teach people the kkk is bad when BLM, antifa, most blacks, and a lot of whites are far more racist than the KKK ever was.

Hell even the KKK wasn't on national news tv being openly racist, or protesting and burning stuff demanding racist shit.

Honestly, I wish we had the kkk back. I'd rather have them because atleast the KKK were working Americans that cared about their community, society and country.
Thanks for that... Really helps us to know who wants the KKK back...

Say hi to your governor for me!

1626791496827.png

You can't criticize fellow Republicans. The Klu Klux Klan went from te4h Democrat Party to the Republican Party. We apparently are going to teach the history of whitey or more specifically white guys. Minorities and women played no part in US history. That is sexist and racist. That describes Texas. x

You can't criticize fellow Republicans. The Klu Klux Klan went from te4h Democrat Party to the Republican Party. We apparently are going to teach the history of whitey or more specifically white guys. Minorities and women played no part in US history. That is sexist and racist. That describes Texas. x

Hey, you too! Say hi to your governor and fellow DemoKKKrat for me!

1626792288333.png

Forum List

Back