Texas leads the race to the bottom

Tell Texas: Creationism doesn't belong in a science textbook | LeftAction

evolution_man.gif

Students in Texas will soon be reading biology textbooks that teach creationism if some of the state's textbook review panelists have their way.

Documents recently obtained by the nonprofit civil liberties group Texas Freedom Network (TFN) show that several members of the state's biology textbook review panel recommended that textbook publishers add sections about creationism, and remove information about climate change and evolution. Whether or not the publishers choose to make said recommendations could help determine if those textbooks are on a list of "approved" books for school districts.

Source:
2013 Science Textbook Adoption Review Documents - Texas Freedom Network

IMO, creationism is just dumb but if you want to teach it, don't call it "science"
Part of one's education in ethics of politics is to treat each state's traditions with respect. Luddly, if you can't do that, and since you will take no consequences for the things you say by opting out of rep, you've made others a target who can't shoot back.

Keep it up, and you will singlehandedly destroy this good website and America. Sometimes I wonder how you can live with so much hatred for people who adhere to traditional views in America unless you are part of some kind of self-destructive cell bent on damaging your host. You're a liar and a coward for abusing the state of my ancestors, both native Americans and those who came here in the early 1600s from Holland and England. You're a cancer on America, and you need to quit blathering hatred and division in order to accomplish your sinister political ends.

If I were a mod, I'd vote to ban you for good.

Last edited:
This argument over evolution in schools is so silly.

First of all I doubt that the kids learn much about the theory of evolution. the theory is a simple statement attempting to explain all the undisputable FACTS that science teachesl

What they learn about is the biology that exists.

It isn't like they take a year of evolution studies or anything.

And if the creationists children are so attracted to the scientific logic of evolutionary theory, that they abandon their "faith" in creationism?

Is that a bad thing, really?

For those who want to cripple their children by mythologies like creationism, there is always home schooling.

:clap2:

I liked most of your post, until you had to make the value judgement about parents who would "cripple" children.

However, even as prejudice an arguement as your own may be, it still encourages parents to avoid public education, and thus has some value.

Texas High Schools are considered to be some of the best in the Country by US News/World report. Teaching creationism probably wouldn't affect anybody but the easy to anger bigoted radical left.

My cousin is a teacher/coach down in Texass, he says their is no union at his school, and it is a public school.

Texas High Schools are considered to be some of the best in the Country by US News/World report. Teaching creationism probably wouldn't affect anybody but the easy to anger bigoted radical left.

My cousin is a teacher/coach down in Texass, he says their is no union at his school, and it is a public school.

He is correct: Texas constitutionally forbids the collective bargaining of public servants.

Forum List

Back