Texas Gov. Rick Perry Indicted For Abuse Of Power

Texas really is a shitty state.

It's hot and windy. The good news is you can see the Tornado coming from a long distance.

I seriously doubt you've ever been there.

I spent 2 months there. It's a shit hole.

Where were you? I was in Houston for 12 years and in Austin for two. Loved Austin.

Houston sucks beyond words. Flying into the area you know you're almost there even before the pilot makes an announcement because the air is very yellow from the refineries.

The indictment is the first of its kind since 1917, when James "Pa" Ferguson was indicted on charges stemming from his veto of state funding to the University of Texas in effort to unseat faculty and staff members he objected to. Ferguson was eventually impeached, then resigned before being convicted — allowing his wife, Miriam "Ma" Ferguson, to take over the governorship.

From the OP link.

It's hot and windy. The good news is you can see the Tornado coming from a long distance.

Where were you? I was in Houston for 12 years and in Austin for two. Loved Austin.

Houston sucks beyond words. Flying into the area you know you're almost there even before the pilot makes an announcement because the air is very yellow from the refineries.

Mostly San Antonio.

Are Rick Perry supporters rioting in the streets, looting and burning businesses in Austin?

Or are they waiting for the legal system to run it's course?

No, Butthead. Unlike the people of Ferguson, MO vs. the police department, they have the power to impeach his stupid ass. Now go back to deflea-ing yourself.

I forgot, the people of ferguson don't have the right to vote.

Gotcha chief.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a State Executive have the same immunities a the federal executive has? In other words only the House can indict him and the Senate try him. (or the Texas Equivalent).

In other words, this is nothing more than grandstanding in the one liberal bastion in conservative Texas. I guess DWI is A-OK for public servants in Austin Circles.

Correct.

So basically this indictment is all hat, and no cattle.

Shouldn't someone sue the Austin DA's office that did this for wasting people's fucking time?
And not to mention the waste of money it took to cobble this together.

And the left is first to scream that 'scandals' against their own are "politically motivated"...

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a State Executive have the same immunities a the federal executive has? In other words only the House can indict him and the Senate try him. (or the Texas Equivalent).

In other words, this is nothing more than grandstanding in the one liberal bastion in conservative Texas. I guess DWI is A-OK for public servants in Austin Circles.

Governors are not immune from prosecution.

By their own state they probably are, unless they are impeached first.

No, they are not.

And in any case Perry leaved office in November.

So basically this indictment is all hat, and no cattle.

Shouldn't someone sue the Austin DA's office that did this for wasting people's fucking time?
And not to mention the waste of money it took to cobble this together.

And the left is first to scream that 'scandals' against their own are "politically motivated"...

Poor Republicans.

Grasping a straws when one of their governors is indicted.

There are already two other threads on this

Didn't want you to think you were being ignored
Thanks Pops but I KNOW I'm NEVER ignored around here. Absolutely not. I've never been ignored by anyone and don't expect to be as they would obviously miss what they love to read and comment on no matter who might post something similar. :D

Looking forward to the booking photo.

I guess he will have to take off the glasses.

Loved Austin.

but yet you said its a shit hole.....

The prosecutor was convicted of DWI and refused to resign.

How can a prosecutor represent the interests of the people when she herself is a criminal?

Austin is chocked full of moonbats and a misdemeanor indictment on this charge, given the facts, only ENHANCES Perry's standing.

Please, keep trumpeting this as loudly as possible.

Getting indicted by a grand jury always enhances a politicians standing.

Bill Clinton is the only president impeached in the 20th century. And he's a superstar in the Democrat Party.

I almost wonder if Perry paid off officials to indict him. Yeah, it looks that good. Suddenly he's front page news, the victim of a political machine intent on protecting its own. Perfect.

Forum List

Back