Texas GOP poll shows DeSantis defeating Trump by 11 points in hypothetical primary

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Wanna blame Trump for Herschel Walker? Fine, but DeSantis & Youngkin endorsed him too. Wanna blame Trump for Kari Lake? Fine, but DeSantis & Youngkin endorsed her too. Wanna blame Trump… You get it. It’s not just Trump. They ALL endorsed ALL the crazies. They’re ALL to blame.

Wanna blame Trump for Herschel Walker? Fine, but DeSantis & Youngkin endorsed him too. Wanna blame Trump for Kari Lake? Fine, but DeSantis & Youngkin endorsed her too. Wanna blame Trump… You get it. It’s not just Trump. They ALL endorsed ALL the crazies. They’re ALL to blame.

the problem is, people don't think. they react. reactions are either emotional (say "trump" get "ORANGE MAN BAD") or reactionary (BANG behind you - you jump). then most of those who think only do it to validate their emotion.

recent example - AZ Gov election. one of the ladies running ALSO oversaw the election. the left will demand SCOTUS Justice Thomas recuse himself because of his WIFES views, not his own. but his wifes views MAY taint his judgement. however, if hobbs, running for Gov is also running the election board, you must prove there is a problem here.

that is a huge WHAT THE FUCK if i ever saw one, but a bright shining light on their own hypocrisy.

people want to be right more than they want the right thing. they would walk over hot coals willingly before taking shoes from "the other side" in order to make that journey.

all that said - in order to best facilitate the pavlov type reactions you're after, demonize someone to the point their name gets 1 of 2 reactions 90%+ of the time. hate or defense. at this point, far too much emotional energy and capital is invested in making TRUMP the sole whipping boy. DESANTIS won't draw the same reaction as TRUMP.

yet.

should the day come where desantis runs and the lefts leadership is the same as today, they will simply shift this emotional capital to desantis by associating him to trump at every opportunity. there's too much value in the emotional ties to the name trump at this point.

and that is what is coming next. i DO think most people would rather see desantis run. i know i am one of them as i am NOT a trump fan (of the person, but i do agree with a lot of his policies - that *is* possible to do) but in the bigger picture, it doesn't matter if i love or hate trump; he has the exact rights that we all do.

nothing more, nothing less. those on the witchhunt after him, making up anything they can to mentally justify their emotions, are simply assholes. they would cry foul if anyone did this to them or someone they care about. or hell, any "leader" on their side.

trump in my mind *is* all about trump. but i also think he puts the country ahead of party. he just wants credit and adoration. desantis i don't know well enough yet to see how he is. but where trump would play social media troll / counter troll games all day long, desantis will just remove the problem. the florida DA who refused to abide by the rules, he just removed from office to keep going.

he didn't take to social media to call him out and play games for a week or two while he looked to see how others may feel about the next move. he just did it.

THAT is what we need now.

for the record, i can see tulsi gabbard in the same light. she's a fighter and not a gamer. self serving? i think most leaders are. say that about her great, then give me examples of those NOT about themselves. suddenly that list shrinks.

so if desantis gets the nod, i think he wins. the left really doesn't have a strong leader, just names who cat about shouting party lines and attacking anyone who doesn't agree as NAZI or DESTROYING DEMOCRACY.

those shouting that the loudest are often the ones abusing it the most.

lets go desantis.

Check those numbers again after tonight. :)
more boxes being found?

im an utter amazed at how many people will accept this delay and not think anything is wrong at all. what makes it even more infuriating is if it were going the other way, they would not stand for it.

double standards are killing us and its tied to entitlement.

more boxes being found?

im an utter amazed at how many people will accept this delay and not think anything is wrong at all. what makes it even more infuriating is if it were going the other way, they would not stand for it.

double standards are killing us and its tied to entitlement.
The Texas GOP poll numbers. Check them again after Trump makes his announcement. Then check them again in two weeks after he's already laid waste to DeSantis.
Hint...I don't think DeSantis will throw his hat in the ring. He'll wait until 2028. :)

Cool story. How about we find out in the actual primaries.

This is not a fight for us as conservatives and trump supporters to engage in any more than the Ukraine debacle is. OUR ENEMIES are the Rino deep state repunks and the demo'rats.

Forum List

Back