Texas, florida and NC among other repubicans strongholds have to cheat in order to win!!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
The Republicans who control Southern legislatures have recently slashed the number of election districts that allow Black and Latino voters to elect their preferred candidates, and federal courts have largely refused to step in this year to protect voters of color from discrimination. But in Texas, where election districts have violated the Voting Rights Act (VRA) in every decade since the law's enactment in 1965, state and federal gerrymandering lawsuits are moving forward.

The U.S. Supreme Court, which has overturned court rulings in Alabama and other states that sought to require more VRA districts, recently declined to block Texas lawmakers from having to testify in a federal racial gerrymandering lawsuit that includes several challenges to both legislative and congressional districts.
and

Among other things, the lawsuits allege that the GOP violated the VRA and the U.S. Constitution by intentionally discriminating against voters of color in Dallas, Fort Worth, and West Texas. They also argue that the districts in Houston had the effect of disenfranchising Asian, Black, and Latino voters.

and
“Because in some of the states... like Texas, Florida and North Carolina, redistricting is controlled by one party, it gives them a huge advantage because they can aggressively draw the map however they want,” Li said. “Aggressive gerrymandering could give Republicans a House majority in 2022.”

The Republicans who control Southern legislatures have recently slashed the number of election districts that allow Black and Latino voters to elect their preferred candidates, and federal courts have largely refused to step in this year to protect voters of color from discrimination. But in Texas, where election districts have violated the Voting Rights Act (VRA) in every decade since the law's enactment in 1965, state and federal gerrymandering lawsuits are moving forward.

The U.S. Supreme Court, which has overturned court rulings in Alabama and other states that sought to require more VRA districts, recently declined to block Texas lawmakers from having to testify in a federal racial gerrymandering lawsuit that includes several challenges to both legislative and congressional districts.
and

Among other things, the lawsuits allege that the GOP violated the VRA and the U.S. Constitution by intentionally discriminating against voters of color in Dallas, Fort Worth, and West Texas. They also argue that the districts in Houston had the effect of disenfranchising Asian, Black, and Latino voters.

and
“Because in some of the states... like Texas, Florida and North Carolina, redistricting is controlled by one party, it gives them a huge advantage because they can aggressively draw the map however they want,” Li said. “Aggressive gerrymandering could give Republicans a House majority in 2022.”
I knew it! Republicans are so sure elections are rigged because they know in red states they

1. Have rigged voting machines
2. Throw out democratic votes
3. Republicans vote more than once.
4. Pull fast ones like cause a riot to stop the recount in FL or quickly certify the votes in Ohio before Kerry can ask for a recount

My buddy is a local politician. Former cop. He is/was backing former Detroit Chief of Police to be the Republican governor of Michigan. Republicans love him because he's black and a former cop.

And he's still trying to be a write in candidate. He can't even do what it takes to get on the ballot so how good is he going to be as Governor?

And just think: IT'S PERFECTLY LEGAL!

So is MI, but we don't let republicans get to gerrymandering, we have a committee.
I knew it! Republicans are so sure elections are rigged because they know in red states they

4. Pull fast ones like cause a riot to stop the recount in FL or quickly certify the votes in Ohio before Kerry can ask for a recount

My buddy is a local politician. Former cop. He is/was backing former Detroit Chief of Police to be the Republican governor of Michigan. Republicans love him because he's black and a former cop.

And he's still trying to be a write in candidate. He can't even do what it takes to get on the ballot so how good is he going to be as Governor?
Good decent votes will get him on the ballot, but republicans have to cheat.
  • The candidates — who were all running for governor — were disqualified due to forged petition signatures.

NO. I'm voting for Whitmer.

And just think: IT'S PERFECTLY LEGAL!
It is perfectly unconstitutional. You would probably feel differently if you were in a gerrymandered district skewed to favor the party you oppose. I live in North Carolina, it is a purple state, not blue, not red. Yet of 13 congressional districts, 9 are represented by Republicans. I live in the 10th, one of the reddest districts in the nation. So red, that when the districts were redrawn, they incorporated parts of the city of Asheville, more than an hour away from where I sit, to purposely dilute their democrat voting base. One of the Republican members of the state house famously said they structured the district for Republican victories in 9 districts because they couldn't figure out a way to come up with 10.

and

and
The Democrat filth do the same in the sates where they have the majority. They carve out their racist Negro districts that overwhelmingly vote Democrat.

Turnabout is fair play Moon Bats!

Well its not. All states should have a committee that draws the line of their map.
Bipartisan committee.

I love Republicans reply to gerrymandering. Both parties do it they say. So I always ask them to name the state that is unfairly gerrymandered by Democrats and they shut the fuck up.

It is perfectly unconstitutional. You would probably feel differently if you were in a gerrymandered district skewed to favor the party you oppose. I live in North Carolina, it is a purple state, not blue, not red. Yet of 13 congressional districts, 9 are represented by Republicans. I live in the 10th, one of the reddest districts in the nation. So red, that when the districts were redrawn, they incorporated parts of the city of Asheville, more than an hour away from where I sit, to purposely dilute their democrat voting base. One of the Republican members of the state house famously said they structured the district for Republican victories in 9 districts because they couldn't figure out a way to come up with 10.
Here's one of those dummies I was just talking about. Which blue state is heavily gerrymandered?

Talk about pot calling kettle black!!!!
WOW!!!

pot-kettle.gif

We voted for a committee in 2018, because the republicans would behaving like a field day for drawing a gerrymandering map. They got carried away many times. We got sick of it.

Forum List

Back