Texas breaks record for jobs added in 12-month span

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Seems everything is better in Texas...

Dallas News ^

Texas created enough jobs last month to help the state set a 12-month record. The Texas economy added 36,400 jobs in September, according to data released Friday by the Texas Workforce Commission. Over the past 12 months, employers added 413,700 jobs — the most ever recorded by the state. The unemployment rate fell to 5.2 percent in September, down from 5.3 percent in August. A year ago, the rate was 6.3 percent. “We’re having a broad -based increase in job growth in Texas, and sooner or later we’re going to have to see wage increases,” said Trinity University economist David...

How many of those jobs are minimum wage? I'm not for increasing minimum wage nor am I stupid enough to consider anything that pays 7.25 per hour a job. That's called "going through the motions"

How many of those jobs are minimum wage? I'm not for increasing minimum wage nor am I stupid enough to consider anything that pays 7.25 per hour a job. That's called "going through the motions"

Oil and Industrial sectors in Texas are booming right now..........They are not minimum wage.......I know people going there now and I'm tempted to chase the money again from the money being paid over there...........It's slow where I'm at right now, and I'd make a fortune going to Texas right now.

maybe.......maybe.............

Good for Texas!

Will median wages come back to what they were before the housing market crash 2007/2008? HOPEFULLY this will be next... right now they are still lagging in wages apples to apples vs 2007....

this is everywhere though....not just Texas.

Texas increased population/increase in workers is coming from Hispanics and Asians, not necessarily Blue State citizens heading south and away from higher taxes as someone mentioned above....

a year old article...

Texas and Dallas-Fort Worth keep adding people but median income stagnates Dallas Morning News

Last edited:
Good for Texas!

Will median wages come back to what they were before the housing market crash 2007/2008? HOPEFULLY this will be next... right now they are still lagging in wages apples to apples vs 2007....

Texas increased population/increase in workers is coming from Hispanics and Asians, not necessarily Blue State citizens heading south and away from higher taxes as someone mentioned above....

You obviously dont live here.
You cant swing a dead cat without hitting a yankee in Texas.

And you are wrong about wages as well.
The Cities Where A Paycheck Stretches The Furthest - Forbes

Good for Texas!

What does a city's paycheck stretching have to do with median household incomes being stagnate compared apples to apples before the great recession and prior to the bubble crash, which is what I was talking about?

No, I'm not wrong...

Texas and Dallas-Fort Worth keep adding people but median income stagnates Dallas Morning News

Oil and gas job openings increase in Texas eaglefordtexas.com

The San Antonio Business Journal recently reported that in the Texas Independent Producers & Royalty Owners Association’s “State of Energy Report”, Texas increased its oil and gas employment by 23,100 in 2013. The job total for the sector is now at 411,600. Texas alone accounted for 75 percent of new U.S. jobs in the industry last year. The state leads the United States in production numbers. In 2014, Texas has added over 4,000 new positions between April and June alone.

The shale boom in the U.S has increased oil and gas production by 64 percent, employing 10 million workers. North Dakota is second for oil and gas employment providing 2100 jobs in 2013. Oil and gas professionals’ average salary in 2013 was $92,160

Right up my alley.................

Good for Texas!

What does a city's paycheck stretching have to do with median household incomes being stagnate compared apples to apples before the great recession and prior to the bubble crash, which is what I was talking about?

No, I'm not wrong...

You didnt read the article. And I didnt mention Dallas.
Houston Texas Household Income Department of Numbers

Forum List

Back