Tesla Owners Report Crashes And Near Misses With 'Smart Summon' Feature

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
Elon Musk and Tesla are trying to get an autonomous vehicle in their lineup yet it could be dangerous.

"Jalopnik reports that Tesla owners are already reporting issues with Tesla vehicles new Smart Summon feature just a few days after the release of Elon Musk’s new Version 10 software update. The new update allowed Tesla owners to play the video game Cuphead and watch Netflix while in park, and also enables the new Smart Summon feature which allows users to call their vehicles to drive to them without human control.

While this feature sounds impressive in theory, soon after the update rolled out, users took to Twitter to discuss some of the issues they’ve faced with the new feature. Many users reported that their vehicles were colliding with objects and causing damage when using the feature:"

Tesla Owners Report Crashes and Near Misses with 'Smart Summon' Feature | Breitbart

Elon Musk and Tesla are trying to get an autonomous vehicle in their lineup yet it could be dangerous.

"Jalopnik reports that Tesla owners are already reporting issues with Tesla vehicles new Smart Summon feature just a few days after the release of Elon Musk’s new Version 10 software update. The new update allowed Tesla owners to play the video game Cuphead and watch Netflix while in park, and also enables the new Smart Summon feature which allows users to call their vehicles to drive to them without human control.

While this feature sounds impressive in theory, soon after the update rolled out, users took to Twitter to discuss some of the issues they’ve faced with the new feature. Many users reported that their vehicles were colliding with objects and causing damage when using the feature:"

Tesla Owners Report Crashes and Near Misses with 'Smart Summon' Feature | Breitbart

And none of that crap matters because not only could the thing work right 99 times, then run you over the hundredth time, but it can all be replaced by simply learning how to drive well! This is all just a colossal well to throw cash for stupid people who think thery need 8 way sound system, 22 way power heated seats, cup holders, power everything, when in fact, you don't even need an automatic transmission.

And just think, people USED to be able to drive cars with manual steering and brakes, a stick and crank windows with everything else an OPTION.

I test drove autonomous gas vehicles and was impressed. However, I didn't get the warm fuzzies with Tesla Model 3 as they weren't the first. I don't know why the guy sat down in front as his car was approaching him. He said he trusted Elon Musk. Instead, he should've used the boxes and tested those first. It did not sound like he did that beforehand by his reaction and what he said lol.

I think once you test drive one, then you'll be more convinced as to the AV safety, but I can see if you question the Tesla. Any accident by any AV will be highlighted in the news.

I can see the temptation as I would want an AV to drive me home during rush hour while I took a nap, did work, or something else to keep me occupied.

I agree with your last sentence tho. People should know how to drive all types of cars and trucks. The should be able to drive a stick as I drive a 5-speed Mini. With autonomous cars, they should able to drive it in case the hardware or software goes haywire or someone tampers with it.

Forum List

Back