Terrorist warfare

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by preemptingyou03, Apr 6, 2004.

1. preemptingyou03

preemptingyou03 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Are we witnessing a new kind of warfare? Rather than guerilla warfare, I think we have entered a new phase of warfare: terrorist warfare.

Everyone is saying, "isn't the war over?" "Why are we still being shot at?" "How can more people die during 'peace' than the 'war'?"

I think the answer is this: the literal invasion of Afghanistan was from October until December of 2001, and for Iraq it was March until April of 2003. That was the "literal" war. But we're still losing troops. What is happening in these nations is the War on Terror: the two main fronts. And unlike guerilla warfare, we've entered the terrorists' kind of war... terrorist warfare.

We're fighting them where they sleep and live. The losses we are experiencing today in Fallujah aren't for nothing. They are for the cause of defeating terrorism and winning the terrorist war in Iraq.

Comparisons to Vietnam are bogus. First of all, the VC didn't sponsor terrorists and use WMD. Iraq has a Governing Council and has made a Constitution. Iraq, in the span of a year, is ahead of Germany, Italy, and Japan post-WWII.

We lost 115,000 troops a year in WWII, against the Nazis.

We lost 55,000 troops a year in Korea.

We lost 6,000 troops a year in Vietnam.

Let's stop comparing Iraq to Vietnam. Iraq is Iraq. Plus, during Vietnam, our policy wasn't preemption. Iraq may not even be front page news in a year or two. Iran or Syria may be. North Korea may be.

People are simply afraid of where we're going. They feel we'll be attacked again. They feel we'll go to war again. They are afraid we're not winning hearts and minds.

We must look ahead to the future and endure these times. We must have a sustained will. We must be sure that the "hearts and minds" part will come, in due time. For now though, it is about survival. Abu Musab al-Zarqawi wants us dead. Osama bin Laden wants us dead. Mullah Omar wants us dead. These militias in Iraq want us dead.

Rather than suggest our enemy is misunderstood or misguided, let's understand the enemy... learn him, study him, know him... then kill him. We are the terrorists' enemy, therefore, they are ours. When will people accept this?

2. preemptingyou03

preemptingyou03 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does anybody think this guy Sistani can really, really help us? It is said only 1% of Shia's follow this guy Sadr... the majority believe Sistani's the real deal.

If there were elections tomorrow, Sistani would be president of Iraq.

And he's pro-American, pro-democracy, anti-violence. But he's 75 years old... we need more people like this to stand up! Sistani wants the UN to get more involved, and I understand why. He's calling for calm right now in the region.

This guy Sadr's gotta go. This militia of his has to be put down now. Sistani has to start voicing his opinion more. We need to regain the imagination of the Iraqis.

We must be an end to this shit in Iraq. Iraqis have been given an OPPORTUNITY to have OPPORTUNITY. USE IT!

3. Scourge

Scourge Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know man, I think there were a lot of Iraqi's who just chilled when the invasion began and now are becoming more and more hostile. It's not pro-Saddam people so much as anti-invading army people.

If someone invaded my town and killed my family I would drive a truck loaded with explosives into their midst in a heartbeat. Even if I hated my former dictator, it's about defending your country. Wouldn't you do the same? I mean if the whle world hated Bush and tried to remove him and they invaded you'd still fight, right? Know matter what your politics are.

4. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys have to realize something. Terrorist cells are the superior warfare model.

Add that to a faith where you are being held in the highest esteem by being a martyr as it grants you great things in "paradise".

When combined, this situation can NEVER be defeated.

The best you can hope for is to break even.

Israel is a prime example.

5. Scourge

Scourge Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Those people who are following Sadr have an outlet for their rage, he didn't CREATE anti-US feelings, we did. But he's sure harnessing those feelings. And if we attack him and (God forbid) kill him, there'd be thousands of followers waiting to avenge his death... kind of a lose-lose scenario.

6. preemptingyou03

preemptingyou03 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Did you just say God forbid kill Sadr?

Listen... inflaming radicalism will happen while fighting terrorism. The hearts and minds will be won. Count on that. But as for now, we must dismantle Sadr's militia, and we must shoot Sadr in the head on national television.

We created anti-US feelings? How? We've lost 600 soldiers trying to bring democracy and stability to these people. We liberated 25 million people.

You make it seem like we intentionally kill civilians. Yes, civilians died. And yes, I'm sure the family members of those civilians are mad. Then again, more civilians died under Saddam than during our invasion. I mean... if we fight terrorism and it inflames radicalism, so be it.

Right now we must fight. Winning comes later.

7. gaffer

gaffer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Fullujah is full of former saddam supporters. Thats what's being dealt with here. Nothing more than that. The rest of the country is fine except for a couple of spots where radical islamists have a hold and they are being dealt with too. Have you noticed since this offensive started there havn't been any convoys attacked or other bombings,Most of those insergents are bottled up in Fullujah now. It has nothing to do with defending their country, its the fact they want their power back. Kinda like the democrates here, except they use guns and the democrates use lies.

8. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hey thats slander. The dems don't lie, they just have a different version of the truth.......:laugh:

9. gaffer

gaffer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    There's nothing superior about terrorists. The are lowlife scum, nothing more. They don't have a faith, they have lies and hatred. They WILL be defeated.

You should study history more. Another country country used the martyr system as well. It was called the empire of japan. They had the bushito code which dated back hundreds of years. Dying in the service of the emporer was an automatic trip to heaven. There were millions of them who thought this way. But in the end we defeated them. We rebuilt the country, re-educated them and they are now a strong ally.

Since you think the terrors can never be defeated I suggest yu go hide under your bed until the war is over. We'll call you when its safe to come out.

10. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Ok....wake up and read the Koran. The people you are talking about have a faith they proclaim. It is Islam. It MIGHT be helpful to know what that is since they die for it.

They didn't do it from a religious base which conquered the world by sword in the past already, now did they?

Since your assumptions appear to result from ignorance,I will let you have your tirade. When you understand logic, have a grasp of politics, religion, and MAYBE how to PROVE your point, I will discuss it further.