Terror is real -- and it must be stopped

I'd think that minimizing terrorism has to be done through the culture, which is the way most major problems need to be addressed. It's a heavier lift, and it will require patience and effort, but band-aids just don't work in the long run.

Just punishing people for their opinions and beliefs is not enough, that's the coward's way out. Jihadists do that, and trying to do that to them is folly.

I can think of another group that should learn that lesson, ironically.

What group is that?

Terrorists come and go...

Alan Berg (January 1, 1934 – June 18, 1984) was an American attorney and Denver, Colorado, talk radio show host. Berg was notable for his largely liberal, outspoken viewpoints and confrontational interview style.

On the evening of June 18, 1984, Berg was fatally shot in the driveway of his Denver town home by members of the white nationalist group, The Order. He died immediately. Ultimately, two members of The Order, David Lane and Bruce Pierce, were convicted for their involvement in the case, though neither of homicide.

Thanks for bringing up a single incident from 30 years ago that has no connection to anything going on around the world today, and is totally irrelevant.

Of course it's irrelevant to people like you who support it.

Then of course there's more of the same:

On July 27, 2008, a politically motivated[2][3] fatal shooting took place at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States. Motivated by a desire to kill liberals and Democrats, gunman Jim David Adkisson fired a shotgun at members of the congregation during a youth performance of a musical, killing two people and wounding seven others.

Adkisson stated that he had targeted the church because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of major media outlets. Adkisson made statements that because he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement that he would then target those that had voted them into office.

Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
I guess he thought Christians are liberals and Democrats.

How does a government even start when the leaders say shit like this?

24b92rm.jpg

Yeah I've heard this argument before. It's about as real as black Americans saying their problem is white racist cops killing innocent black teenagers.

It seems as though you want to change the subject. How unusual.
An analogy is a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based.
Yeah it's another explanation for why Obama is avoiding the M-word, which is what I said in the first place.

What about where they train? What about North Africa, Southeast Asia, the Middle East? What about their funding? What about those that harbor and hide them? What about little known sleeper cells? What about single individuals that go postal? What or who can stop them?

Radiation is used on other types of cancer, maybe it's time to test on this cancer.

What about where they train? What about North Africa, Southeast Asia, the Middle East? What about their funding? What about those that harbor and hide them? What about little known sleeper cells? What about single individuals that go postal? What or who can stop them?

Radiation is used on other types of cancer, maybe it's time to test on this cancer.

Ooooh! Clever!

I'm not about to write an epilogue on the subject, but here it is.

Regardless of what political affiliation you may espouse to, one thing is clear after the attacks and murders of 12 Charlie Hebdo employees; terror is real. It was real on 9/11, it was real a week ago. You cannot deny that there are people out there who wish to force people into submission through great acts of terrorism and murder.

It doesn't matter who started it, or who kicked the hornets nest, the fact is, you have the hornets. Hornets, like terrorists, evoke fear and terror once unleashed. Terror is real, and it must be stopped. Not showing (as Obama failed to do) unity with the world only says this: "I am unconcerned with your plight. I don't care. I cannot be bothered to help unify a world marred by senseless violence."

That is all.
Terror is more than real, it is a part of our life. Terror is an efficient instrument of modern policy. Fist of all it is used by our Government. Terror has an ancient tradition. It has been working since time immemorial. So... You try to claim a war to terror. Good idea but useless.

Actually it's none of your fucking business if I own a gun and whether I have a good reason to own it.

No evidence they were not part of a network, huh ? Did you miss the part about the Al Queda connection ?

Everyone and his brother says he's with Al Qaeda these days. Not impressed.

and, yes, when your fetish causes 32,000 deaths and 78,000 injuries every year, it really does become our business.

And speaking of brothers, Said Kouachi traveled to Yemen as late as 2011 on behalf of the al Qaeda affiliate there.
There's a common thread with all of these terrorists, and Islam is at the heart.

Forum List

Back