Tenure IS KILLING AMERICAN EDUCATION AND MUST BE ENDED

Tenure is needed for some sort of protection when grades are assigned and discipline is enforced.

With no protection, one fussing parent could instantly mean your job as well as disciplining a student.
Slaps will be ignored. If a kid is taken to the office his parents might call and say he didn't do it. Rather than cause a stink, the teacher will be let go.

No protection could backfire and mean all "As" and remaining uninvolved when seeing bad behavior.

Kids will love it though. The old "I'll have my mother come in and get you fired" will be a reality.

If true, then we should see rampant teacher firings in private schools where tenure is not granted.

Yea, not so much...:doubt:

Republicans claim that just about everything is destroying education. They mention everything except the one thing that really is destroying it. Republican policies. The same things that brought down the economy, let Bin Laden go, the fiasco of Iraq, the downgrade. They are destroying America and working to turn us into a type of Christian Taliban. We must be vigilant.

Republicans claim that just about everything is destroying education. They mention everything except the one thing that really is destroying it. Republican policies. The same things that brought down the economy, let Bin Laden go, the fiasco of Iraq, the downgrade. They are destroying America and working to turn us into a type of Christian Taliban. We must be vigilant.

I think you've reached your apex of assness with this one.

I think you've reached your apex of assness with this one.
Wait so you being a retard means others are asses... makes no sense

Tenure is needed for some sort of protection when grades are assigned and discipline is enforced.

With no protection, one fussing parent could instantly mean your job as well as disciplining a student.
Slaps will be ignored. If a kid is taken to the office his parents might call and say he didn't do it. Rather than cause a stink, the teacher will be let go.

No protection could backfire and mean all "As" and remaining uninvolved when seeing bad behavior.

Kids will love it though. The old "I'll have my mother come in and get you fired" will be a reality.

If true, then we should see rampant teacher firings in private schools where tenure is not granted.

Actually private schools routinely fire teachers to put in friends of administrators. Same with teachers that professionally outperform other teachers and administrators feel threatened. Parents can basically blackball a teacher, for reasons that have zero to do with teaching.

I'm not keen on tenure that makes it nigh impossible to get rid of bad teachers. I am for 'merit pay' but there's been little informed discussion thus far on this thread. Tying 'proximity of class to high SAT scores' is nonsensical. Most testing is done in fall, the teacher 'testing' has had the students for all of perhaps 2 months, if that. So you'd be measuring the teachers from the years before, but setting the current teacher up or down depending upon that. Haven't even mentioned the 'regular classroom' that contains 5-10 special ed students.

There are ways of addressing the problems, but this thread isn't there, yet.

Wife told me today that there's a job opening at the school where she once taught.

She still communicates with a very few friends in that district.

You may remember- she was fired as soon as she became eligible for tenure.

Anyhow- the "talk" among her friends is that to be considered for this job, one must be a member of the local Christian church.

I shit you not. This is the bullshit that is going down within the education system. Not just Church membership, but who is related to whom... friends of friends... relatives, etc.

Fuck this bullshit.

And my wife's response? "If we confront them, then I'll never have a chance at a teaching job".

It's a total and complete fuck up.

Actually private schools routinely fire teachers to put in friends of administrators...

Link?

Wife told me today that there's a job opening at the school where she once taught.

She still communicates with a very few friends in that district.

You may remember- she was fired as soon as she became eligible for tenure.

Anyhow- the "talk" among her friends is that to be considered for this job, one must be a member of the local Christian church.

I shit you not. This is the bullshit that is going down within the education system. Not just Church membership, but who is related to whom... friends of friends... relatives, etc.

Fuck this bullshit.

And my wife's response? "If we confront them, then I'll never have a chance at a teaching job".

It's a total and complete fuck up.

If she isn't related and doesn't know the right person, then she will never have a chance anyway. It's only war when someone fights back.

I have never seen someone play the victim card like these Libs here....

They act like the Democrat party doesn't exist.
Everything and I do mean everything they don't like
it's the Republicans fault.

Last time I checked you guys have the WH and the Senate and
still you act like you have not had any say in policies here for like the last 100 years
or something.

What a bunch of whiny bitches.
You act like you have been bent over by the GOP for like ever.
Is this a tactic you want to stay with????? :eusa_boohoo:

The Republican strategy with education seems simple. First, convince the public that public education is bad, low scores, tax money wasted, kids being abused by uncaring teachers and so on. Then comes the cause of these problems: teacher unions and tenure.
Next the solution to these problems, abolish teacher unions, tenure and turn education over to private schools, private schools, but open to the public with vouchers.
One of the interesting things about the strategy is that Republicans seldom rant about school boards or state boards of education which in reality are in charge of the schools, but those upper echelons of education are often conservative, so pretty much ignored.
Assuming that the goal of Republicans is to turn education over to private schools with vouchers, why would that be their goal, how would private corporate schools benefit Republicans?

Actually private schools routinely fire teachers to put in friends of administrators. Same with teachers that professionally outperform other teachers and administrators feel threatened. Parents can basically blackball a teacher, for reasons that have zero to do with teaching.

I'm not keen on tenure that makes it nigh impossible to get rid of bad teachers. I am for 'merit pay' but there's been little informed discussion thus far on this thread. Tying 'proximity of class to high SAT scores' is nonsensical. Most testing is done in fall, the teacher 'testing' has had the students for all of perhaps 2 months, if that. So you'd be measuring the teachers from the years before, but setting the current teacher up or down depending upon that. Haven't even mentioned the 'regular classroom' that contains 5-10 special ed students.

That is an outright dishonesty. Private school teachers are judged on merit and results. You will always have exceptions, but merit and results is the norm!

Ah, most private schools don't have or keep discipline problems in their schools.

You act like a butt and you're bounced out on that same butt...

Last edited:

That is an outright dishonesty. Private school teachers are judged on merit and results. You will always have exceptions, but merit and results is the norm!

Wrong. If you think different, post links. Private schools put the limits on due process, but pay teachers so little, they can't bring them to court.

As an eye witness, I can say you live in a dream world. In a private school setting, don't try discipling the son of a rich donor or assigning him a low grade. Money talks very loudly in the private school setting...

Forum List

Back