Ten things I wish the church knew about Homosexuality.

nitroz

INDEPENDENTly ruthless
May 18, 2011
Merritt Island, FL
BaUVY.jpg

1. Jesus is not the one that spelled out the doctrines of Christianity. For those Christians look to Paul, and he actually had quite a few things to say about homosexuality.
  2. Telling someone that the Bible says that something is wrong is not persecution. The Holocaust was the persecution, telling people to keep sex in the bedroom is good manners.
  3. Truth is not conditional.
  4. I do not have the right to use the woman's dressing room, you claiming you are a woman even though you have a penis and insisting you have the right to use a dressing room I cannot is demanding special rights.
  5. You have the right to be offended, you do not have the right to tell me I cannot stand on the street corner and yell that your behavior is a sin.
  6. Civil ceremony is an oxymoron.
  7. If you insist that my religious views bother you then my stimulation of the public nerve has become your moral compass, and you are lost.
  8. I suggest you take the time to read the New Testament. Specifically, you should read 1 Corinthians 6.
  9. I am supposed to make my moral decisions based on what you think my grandchildren will think about them? My great-grandfather's generation elected the first homosexual president, you still don't know who he was. By the time my grandchildren come along we might discover the cure for homosexuality.
  10. Jesus did not forbid judging.

God forbade judging, but that doesn't stop supposed Christians from trying to 'save' homosexuals by forcing their morals down their throats.

God forbade judging, but that doesn't stop supposed Christians from trying to 'save' homosexuals by forcing their morals down their throats.

God did not forbid judging. He did, however, forbid lying about what He said. I suggest you think about that the next time you want to put words in His mouth.

God did not forbid judging. He did, however, forbid lying about what He said. I suggest you think about that the next time you want to put words in His mouth.

The Bible is a book, written by men. How are we to believe that the words in the Bible are actually the words of God?

Actually, The scriptures explcitly command us to judge righteously.

The Bible is a book, written by men. How are we to believe that the words in the Bible are actually the words of God?

You have an excellent question. There is the simple ways the scriptures teach:

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. (John 7:16-17)

You can learn the same way Peter did:

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 16:15-17)

Asking is always a good way:

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: (Matthew 7:7)

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. (James 1:5-7)

My own experiences tell me that these passages are true because it was by following their counsel that I came to learn for myself that the Bible contains the Word of God. The Lord revealed Himself to me through the Holy Spirit that burned that witness into my heart. That's the only reason I can be confident there was a God. If I hadn't had my own personal experiences with the Spirit and the Atonement, I wouldn't know any more than anyone else.

You can find out for yourself. The scriptures are clear that we can know they are true if we put them to the test.

Excuse me, aren't you the one that just tired to argue that God forbids judging? Are you basing that statement on some special relationship with God that the rest of us are not privy to, or on your own interpretation of the Bible you are now trying to argue cannot be used to determine what God said? If the former, I demand some type of evidence that this relationship exists, if the latter, your question to me is senseless.

1. Jesus is not the one that spelled out the doctrines of Christianity. For those Christians look to Paul, and he actually had quite a few things to say about homosexuality.
  2. Telling someone that the Bible says that something is wrong is not persecution. The Holocaust was the persecution, telling people to keep sex in the bedroom is good manners.
  4. I do not have the right to use the woman's dressing room, you claiming you are a woman even though you have a penis and insisting you have the right to use a dressing room I cannot is demanding special rights.
  5. You have the right to be offended, you do not have the right to tell me I cannot stand on the street corner and yell that your behavior is a sin.
  7. If you insist that my religious views bother you then my stimulation of the public nerve has become your moral compass, and you are lost.
  8. I suggest you take the time to read the New Testament. Specifically, you should read 1 Corinthians 6.
  9. I am supposed to make my moral decisions based on what you think my grandchildren will think about them? My great-grandfather's generation elected the first homosexual president, you still don't know who he was. By the time my grandchildren come along we might discover the cure for homosexuality.
Paul wasn't fond of women either, as I recall.

Go forbade homosexuality also. Read the whole Bible for once and you would know that.

Did you know him personally? You are clueless.

Uhoh... I made the Muslim angry..... again.

I dont think there are any muslims posting on here yet.

But then you did start a tread about the ten things you wish the Church knew about homosexuality that dont teach anyone anything about homosexuality. So you're probably confused.

I bet you recall all sorts of things that aren't any closer to the truth than that.

I disagree with both of you.
No one knows what God ever said because no one has talked to him.
The Bible is a book translated by men.
Jesus was here and real. Never mentioned homosexuality.
Do not confuse Paul with Jesus. They are not the same.

All over the map with this post. Not only having it both ways, three ways.

Forum List

Back