Temporary Marriage in Islam( Nikah mut‘ah)

btw -

Do you consider Christianity to be a cult?

I couldn't see any logic in your relating Charles Manson to Islam, so I'm wondering how you classify a cult and how you classify a religion.

lets get down to the brass tacks shall we?

RAPE:

Rape in and Islamic country according to Sharia has to be verified by male witnessess.
If she can't prove it with such male witnesses than she may be guilty of having sex outside of marriage Adultery/fornication and punisment applied

That isn't true in Indonesia.
Given there are more Muslims here than any other country in the world, you may be in error.

Care to explain how the most populous Muslim country in the world doesn't require witnesses as you claim?

You've never read Leviticus, I gather..

the opening post in this thread was about islam, and yet so far there are what 5-6 posts with comparative info about xnity & USA. THIS IS WHY we don't "need" to read leviticus, because apparently everybody already knows about the evils of xnity & living in the USA.

what people don't know about is islamic ideology & history. to see the total lack of this info go over to a forum where mostly muslims & ex-muslims post (like faithfreedom.org) and read thru some of the threads & replies there. very little info about xnity & USA, why ? because they are debating ISLAM & MUSLIMS issues, not xnity & USA stuff.

for some reasons this seems to happen alot, every time an islamic post appears, it is filled with anti-xnity & anti-USA stuff. fine, post that crap, we get it, we've seen it over & over & over & over & over again. why not stick to the topic of islam & their hideous ideology & problems ?

The thread was making a comparison between Islam and Christainity and pointed out that somehow Christians are exempt from committing acts of cruelty. That's patently wrong. Christianity is probably the top religion when it comes to body count. They've been responsible for genocides throughout the ages...and have committed some brutal acts of barbarism with such zeal..that it disgusts even the most hardened observer. From butchering Orthdox Catholic Greeks at Constantinople to herding Jews into the ovens at Auschwitz, Christians have indeed been a very busy bunch.

lets get down to the brass tacks shall we?

RAPE:

Rape in and Islamic country according to Sharia has to be verified by male witnessess.
If she can't prove it with such male witnesses than she may be guilty of having sex outside of marriage Adultery/fornication and punisment applied

That isn't true in Indonesia.
Given there are more Muslims here than any other country in the world, you may be in error.

Care to explain how the most populous Muslim country in the world doesn't require witnesses as you claim?

I think it is very clear on this thread that the OP has assumed that ALL Muslim countries use Sharia law, and that they ALL use it the same way.

It's funny how people can look at a map of the Middle East and not register the fact that it includes 20 different countries and cultures.

Temporary marriage is just prostitution. A man pays the guardian of the woman money and gets her services for as long as he rents her body. This is a simple economic transaction between John and Pimp.

Anyone who thinks prostitution should be legalized should have no problem accepting temporary marriage.

LaughinReaper -

My point as that you have very little knowledge of the topic you are attempting to 'educate' people on.

And that lack of knowledge shows in very post.

This thread includes wild errors of fact, sweeping generalisations and out-and-out lies.

Why do you imagine that is helping your cause?

btw, Asking again - which Islamic countries have you personall conducted research in?

AGAIN Please post the wild errors you refer with the correct information, point out the sweeping generalizations and out and out lies. It's hard to argue a point if you won't give me one. Again in order to prove a point I have to do research in the middle east? Does this mean in order to know that the government is corrupt I have to go to Washington?

AGAIN Please post the wild errors you refer with the correct information, point out the sweeping generalizations and out and out lies. It's hard to argue a point if you won't give me one. Again in order to prove a point I have to do research in the middle east? Does this mean in order to know that the government is corrupt I have to go to Washington?

Given a great many people on this board either live and work in Islamic countries, or have done so in the past, then yes, you do need to go to the Middle East to be taken seriously.
Otherwise we're getting diving lessons from someone who can't swim!

I have pointed out two or three very clear and obvious mistakes already, but let's start with one: that of sharia law.

Of the 18 or so countries we might call Islamic, only 4 actually utilise Sharia law in the way you understand it, i.e. the draconian, cutting-off-hands and stoning people sense.

The other 14 Islamic countries only use aspects of it, for instance relating to inheritance and divorce.

Your thread is highly inaccurate, because you suggest all Islamic countries stone people to death - actually, they don't.

Islam most certainly does worship God, also known as "God of Abraham."

You are misinformed. Have you ever discussed your views with a cleric? You should.

and where are you posting from ?

as far as i understand it, only muslims claim their god is the same as the xtian & jewish god. only xtians claim their god is the same as the jewish god. and of course, the jews deny both xtian & muslim claims for divinity. this is the "orthodox" (little o because xtians have a big-O branch) versions of these 3 faiths, as the liberal versions of these faiths & their non-worshipping followers claim whatever they want.

I'm posting from my house.

You understand incorrectly.

Global Connections . Religion | PBS

Sample Chapter for Peters, F.E.: The Children of Abraham: Judaism, Christianity, Islam: A New Edition.

[
stoning - Murray Seidman. He did it because the bible told him to. Does that mean ALL Christians do it?

?

STONING:
Just one stoning? One nut job who BTW got arrested or murder? Here's the difference. While the Old testament does in fact have stoning as a punsihment, is it still practiced? In Islamic countires where Sahria Law is the GOVERNMENT law it is still accepted practice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMHAfF3KRk0]Graphic Pics: Man Publicly Stoned To Death Over Sex - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOIbgd5qcrg&feature=related]Sharia Law - "She's buried chest high" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJR3keih6CQ]Poor Muslim Girl Siddqa Is Stoned To Death By Evil! Islamic Sharia Law YouTube - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUeuKz5Wbks]Islam approves stoning - inhuman torture - unbelievable violence against humans by muslims - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHPB7Hex7A0]STONING OF A 17 YEAR OLD KURDISH GIRL FOR LIKING A BOY OF A DIFFERENT FAITH - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2kFzGyKgpA&feature=related]Iran Infuriated By Film Of Woman's Stoning - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeifRuMbbB8&feature=related]A Video of Woman stoned to death (Graphic) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYpuXpbf0jg&feature=related]Stoning of women, sharia Islamic law.( Islam and stoning) - YouTube[/ame]

I could go on...

Given a great many people on this board either live and work in Islamic countries, or have done so in the past, then yes, you do need to go to the Middle East to be taken seriously.
Otherwise we're getting diving lessons from someone who can't swim!

I have pointed out two or three very clear and obvious mistakes already, but let's start with one: that of sharia law.

Of the 18 or so countries we might call Islamic, only 4 actually utilise Sharia law in the way you understand it, i.e. the draconian, cutting-off-hands and stoning people sense.

The other 14 Islamic countries only use aspects of it, for instance relating to inheritance and divorce.

Your thread is highly inaccurate, because you suggest all Islamic countries stone people to death - actually, they don't.

Four too many. Most Islamic countries have some form of Sharia law written into their national laws. When a punsihment is handed down lets say stoning,it's what they point to to justify the punishment. It's in the Koran and Allah is not wrong. with the Muslim Brotherhood on the rise you can bet more Sharia Law will be used as secular forms of government collaspe in the more moderate muslim countries. It's not that it's in the religion because you can have it in the religion IE Christians , Old Testament, it's that it's acutally used.

The Countries that use Islamic Law as their Basic Laws are

1-Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
2-Republic of Yemen
3-Islamic Republic of Iran
4-Sultante of Oman
5-United Arab Emarties
6-Algeria
7-Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
8-Islamic Republic of Mauritania
9-Republic of Sudan
10-Somalia
11-Nigeria(Muslims Areas)

and this is some countries use Islamic laws within other laws:

1-Islamic Republic of Pakistan
2-Kuwait
3Qatar
4-Bahrain
5-Jordan
6-Palestine(Gaza)
7-Indonesia(Muslims Areas)
8-Malaysia(Muslims Areas)
9-Bangladesh(Muslims only)
10-Egypt(Muslims only)
11-Libya
12-Tunisia
13-Morocco
14-Iraq
10- Comoros
11-Mali

What countries use Islamic law

Laughin -

Given it is only used in its entirety in 4 countries - why does you post go on and on about Islamic countries and stoning, when more than 75% of Islamic countries don't do it?

Do you not see how this is - at best misinformed and misleading, and at worst simply racist?

The entirety of the arab spring rebellions is to spread sharia as the sole law throughout islamic countries. The list of nations that have sharia as the law within other laws is just temporary.

The entirety of the arab spring rebellions is to spread sharia as the sole law throughout islamic countries. The list of nations that have sharia as the law within other laws is just temporary.

Really?

Can you explain then why the three countries to have changed government so far have each been more moderate than the government they replaced?

If you were right - why do you think Mosri used the army to attack Islamic militants last week?

Laughin -

Given it is only used in its entirety in 4 countries - why does you post go on and on about Islamic countries and stoning, when more than 75% of Islamic countries don't do it?

Do you not see how this is - at best misinformed and misleading, and at worst simply racist?

Muhammad himself ordered a stoning, after having the Torah read out to him.

I can supply the details of the hadith if required.

Really?

Can you explain then why the three countries to have changed government so far have each been more moderate than the government they replaced?

If you were right - why do you think Mosri used the army to attack Islamic militants last week?

So far, the changed governments have become fundamentalist islamic run by the muslim brotherhood and Morsi is crucifying Christians.

Muhammad himself ordered a stoning, after having the Torah read out to him.

So what?

What possible relelence do you think that has to how people live in downtown K.L. in 2012?
You said,
"Given it is only used in its entirety in 4 countries - why does you post go on and on about Islamic countries and stoning, when more than 75% of Islamic countries don't do it?"

You said at least 4 muslim countries stone people to death, and that is not 25%

You said at least 4 muslim countries stone people to death, and that is not 25%

So what?

Honestly...is it international Non-Sequitor week?

There are approx 18 Islamic countries. I can think of 4 that use Sharia in the sense of stoning people.

That is 22%.

Jesus wept....