Tell me we're not fighting Al Queda in Iraq.

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080422100510.qnl6rneq&show_article=1

".....He also used the two-and-a-half hour message to urge Muslims to join militant groups, mainly in Iraq, where he claimed that the insurgency against the Iraqi government and the US-led coalition forces is bearing fruit.
" 'I urge all Muslims to hurry to the battlefields of Jihad (holy war), especially in Iraq,' Zawahiri said in the message, the second in a two-part series to answer about 100 questions put to him via online militant forums.

'The situation in Iraq heralds an imminent victory of Islam and the defeat of the crusaders and those who stand under their flag,' he said."

Now, please, I'd like all you dems and libs to step forward and say that the war in Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11, or terrorism, or Al Queda.

If your assertion is true, then we're going about it all wrong. If Iraq is truly a threat, then shouldn't be just bomb the fuckers back to the stone age?

Oh wait, they're already in the stone age...what came before that?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080422100510.qnl6rneq&show_article=1

".....He also used the two-and-a-half hour message to urge Muslims to join militant groups, mainly in Iraq, where he claimed that the insurgency against the Iraqi government and the US-led coalition forces is bearing fruit.
" 'I urge all Muslims to hurry to the battlefields of Jihad (holy war), especially in Iraq,' Zawahiri said in the message, the second in a two-part series to answer about 100 questions put to him via online militant forums.

'The situation in Iraq heralds an imminent victory of Islam and the defeat of the crusaders and those who stand under their flag,' he said."

Now, please, I'd like all you dems and libs to step forward and say that the war in Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11, or terrorism, or Al Queda.

Who says they're listening to him? Nice that you take direction from terrorists.

:cuckoo:

• Banned
I love it. You guys are idiots. The leaders of Al Queda SAY Iraq is a war zone and they are calling people there to fight us.

But as usual, you stick to your mantra, and when reality intrudes fall back on "they're just too stupid to understand what's REALLY happening" routine.

"In his message, Zawahiri also called on the various jihadist groups operating in the country to unite behind the "more advanced" Al-Qaeda-backed "Islamic State of Iraq".

Honey, I don't take directions from terrorists. I want to wipe them out. Your side is the one who wants to placate them.

• Banned
And yet the libs claim we shouldn't be in Iraq, that the war there is a sham, that it has nothing to do with terrorism, and everything will be better for everyone if we leave.

:cuckoo:

• Banned
Once again, the assertion that if you don't understand it or agree with it, it's "dumb". The American people are "dumb". The terrorists are "dumb". Everybody's "dumb". Except you.:clap2:

Allie,

With all due respect, you really need to work on your comprehension of the concept of cause and effect. What you've posted is a side-EFFECT of our occupation of Iraq, not the cause for our decision to go in to begin with. It may be a cause for us sticking around, but that isn't exactly what you said now is it?

And I wonder what excuse you'll use when your nominee loses this time.

Being jerked around by terrorists--Bush's legacy.

Gee.... You have the 411 where all the terrorists hide?

Please by all means tell the rest of us where they are.

This could have solved everything. America wouldnt have had to call out the terrorists to rumble in Iraq.

Allie,

With all due respect, you really need to work on your comprehension of the concept of cause and effect. What you've posted is a side-EFFECT of our occupation of Iraq, not the cause for our decision to go in to begin with. It may be a cause for us sticking around, but that isn't exactly what you said now is it?

Exactly. Al-Qaeda had no real presence in Iraq until we toppled Saddam. According to the 9/11 Commission report, Osama bin Laden met once in 1994 with Iraqi officials, but they were unable or unwilling to reach an agreement.

The authoritarian Saddam did not want uncontrolled crazies loose in his country. That included Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who located his operations in the Northern areas, under the cover of the no-fly zone. Once we toppled Saddam, al-Zarqawi came into the open and affiliated his existing organization with Al-Qaeda, thus creating Al-Qaeda in Iraq. Think of it as Terrorist Franchising.

Al-Qaeda is Suni, and does not get along well with the Shia majority or the Shia government. There is every reason to believe that once US troops are withdrawn, the non-Al-Qaeda insurgents will redict their murderous attention to the Al-Qaeda interlopers.

Bush's war has created an unstable, no-win situation that will probably lead to massive violence when we leave. Similar events occured in Southeast Asia when we left Vietnam and in India/Pakistan when the Brits left that region.

That violence is likely to occur whenever we leave, be it now or in 10 years. It became all but certain the moment we went in. If American troops are dying simply to delay the inevitable, it's better to take them out now, let the bloodshed commence, and hope they get it out of their system quickly.

Exactly. Al-Qaeda had no real presence in Iraq until we toppled Saddam. According to the 9/11 Commission report, Osama bin Laden met once in 1994 with Iraqi officials, but they were unable or unwilling to reach an agreement.

The authoritarian Saddam did not want uncontrolled crazies loose in his country. That included Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who located his operations in the Northern areas, under the cover of the no-fly zone. Once we toppled Saddam, al-Zarqawi came into the open and affiliated his existing organization with Al-Qaeda, thus creating Al-Qaeda in Iraq. Think of it as Terrorist Franchising.

Al-Qaeda is Suni, and does not get along well with the Shia majority or the Shia government. There is every reason to believe that once US troops are withdrawn, the non-Al-Qaeda insurgents will redict their murderous attention to the Al-Qaeda interlopers.

Bush's war has created an unstable, no-win situation that will probably lead to massive violence when we leave. Similar events occured in Southeast Asia when we left Vietnam and in India/Pakistan when the Brits left that region.

That violence is likely to occur whenever we leave, be it now or in 10 years. It became all but certain the moment we went in. If American troops are dying simply to delay the inevitable, it's better to take them out now, let the bloodshed commence, and hope they get it out of their system quickly.

Amost since your inception here, I haven't agreed with you. I do however, agree with this post.

The war against terrorism, an IDEA, is never going to end. Not globally, not federally, and not locally. Will the war on drugs ever be won? No. Will the war on poverty ever be won? No.

The only viable solution, if you can even call it that, is to split the country up in 3 pieces and keep a close eye on the situation. We're going to maintain a presence in that country forever, that much is obvious. But our current troop commitment needs to reduce drastically, because we're losing lives of soldiers that we might REALLY need somewhere else, at another time.

Those people are never going to cave and allow us to militarily impose our political will on them.

If your assertion is true, then we're going about it all wrong. If Iraq is truly a threat, then shouldn't be just bomb the fuckers back to the stone age?

Oh wait, they're already in the stone age...what came before that?

Liberal Democrats !

Amost since your inception here, I haven't agreed with you. I do however, agree with this post.

The war against terrorism, an IDEA, is never going to end. Not globally, not federally, and not locally. Will the war on drugs ever be won? No. Will the war on poverty ever be won? No.

The only viable solution, if you can even call it that, is to split the country up in 3 pieces and keep a close eye on the situation. We're going to maintain a presence in that country forever, that much is obvious. But our current troop commitment needs to reduce drastically, because we're losing lives of soldiers that we might REALLY need somewhere else, at another time.

Those people are never going to cave and allow us to militarily impose our political will on them.

AQ did have a presence in Iraq, proven over and over and over. Plus it was growing stronger even with Sadam in power , because we had just booted them out of Afghanastan, and they needed somewhere to go

And the war on drugs has done a lot of good, drug usage is down considerably since it started, and poverty, REAL poverty, in America basically doesnt exist. Ok, go ahead and give me some real live example of someone in the US, but real poverty, if you want to see it, go to the Philippines.
Everybody in America now has the opportunity to get out of poverty, free schooliing, tons of jobs available.

AQ did have a presence in Iraq, proven over and over and over. Plus it was growing stronger even with Sadam in power , because we had just booted them out of Afghanastan, and they needed somewhere to go

Wow, I never thought of that! Debating is super easy when you get to make up your own facts.

Forum List

Back