Tell Congress To Repeal THEIR Healthcare Before YOURS

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Madeline, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/gop_healthcare_hypocrites/?rc=share_email

No matter where you stand on the political spectrum, the one thing we all agree on is, our Congresscritters should not live like kings whilst we all suffer. If government healthcare is so bad, tell them to repeal THEIRS FIRST.

Sign the petition above, please or send in an email of your own.

Your thoughts?

2. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    In three years they won't have a choice, members of Congress won't be eligible for FEHBP benefits anymore; they have to buy their own insurance through the new exchanges when they open in 2014. But I suppose giving it up voluntarily before then would be a gesture of some sort.

I did find it amusing that the one incoming Congressman didn't realize that a one month waiting period to get on your employer's insurance plan when you start a new job isn't unusual. Perhaps physicians aren't naturally experts on all aspects of the American health care system. Who knew?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    You mean the part about being able to keep your insurance if you liked it was a lie?

4. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Congress should not live better than their constituents, Revere. Let them COBRA off'a their old health insurance.

Sign the petition.

5. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Nobody will stand for being tossed out of their insurance into an "exchange." That's why it doesn't kick in until Obama doesn't have to stand for re-election.

6. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    If Congress is forced to take the same shitty health care government will force you to take, how does that improve your situation?

7. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    I agree. If obamacare is so great then all politicians should have to use that care for themselves and their families for life. pelosi and obama and family up front and personal.

8. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    If they dont want it for themselves, why would any one else is the point.

9. Common Sense

Common Sense BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    i have a different view here. i think everyone that voted against the health care bill should give up their government sponsored health care. every senator and congressman who thinks that government run health care is a bad idea should put their $ where their mouth is and opt out of the senate or house sponsored health care plans and be required to purchase coverage on the open market. this means mcconnell, boehner, cantor and the rest of these goons.

if you really disagree with the government being involved in health care, drop your policies and buy them on the open market.

10. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    "ObamaCare" (i.e. the ACA) is a very broad term that encompasses the group plans that exist right now. Even after full implementation, most people in private (non-Medicare, non-Medicaid, non-VA or Tricare) coverage will still have employer-sponsored group health plans. People with smaller employers (i.e. people like me, who currently have no choice of coverage offered) might have a little more freedom to choose the particular plan they want by taking their employer's contribution and putting it toward a plan they choose through an exchange but the basic system will remain the same.

The primary new insurance-related part of the law is the creation of state-based exchanges for people who have to buy insurance on their own; these are mostly a way of organizing the individual health insurance market. What Congress did in the law was require themselves to buy insurance on their own through exchanges, instead of retaining their group plan. In a few years, however, the situation for most people will be the same as it is now: many more people will have group plans partially financed by their employer than will be buying it on their own through an insurance exchange.