Ted Cruz White Paper- The Obama Administration's Abuse of Power

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Obama is dangerous. He is a threat to the soverntry of the United States. It's just shameful he represents America the way he does.

I am embarrassed to have Obama represent me, i.e, "we the people"

This white paper by Sen Cruz does and excellent job documenting our lawless POTUS

-Geaux
=====================================================

THE LEGAL LIMIT: THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION’S
ATTEMPTS TO EXPAND FEDERAL POWER

Report No. 4:
The Obama Administration’s Abuse of Power
By U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)
Ranking Member
Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on The Constitution,
Civil Rights and Human Rights

Of all the troubling aspects of the Obama presidency, none is more dangerous than the
President's persistent pattern of lawlessness, his willingness to disregard the written law and
instead enforce his own policies via executive fiat.

The President's taste for unilateral action to circumvent Congress should concern every citizen,
regardless of party or ideology. The great 18th-century political philosopher Montesquieu
observed: “There can be no liberty where the legislative and executive powers are united in the
same person, or body of magistrates.” America's Founding Fathers took this warning to heart,
and we should too.

Rule of law doesn’t simply mean that society has laws; dictatorships are often characterized by
an abundance of laws. Rather, rule of law means that we are a nation ruled by laws, not men. No
one—and especially not the president—is above the law. For that reason, the U.S. Constitution
imposes on every president the express duty to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.”
Rather than honor this duty, President Obama has openly defied it by repeatedly suspending,
delaying, and waiving portions of the laws that he is charged to enforce. When President Obama
disagreed with federal immigration laws, he instructed the Justice Department to cease enforcing
the laws. He did the same thing with federal welfare law, drug laws, and the federal Defense of
Marriage Act.

In the more than two centuries of our nation’s history, there is simply no precedent for the White
House wantonly ignoring federal law and asking others to do the same.

For all those who are silent now: What would they think of a Republican president who
announced that he was going to ignore the law, or unilaterally change the law? Imagine a future
president setting aside environmental laws, or tax laws, or labor laws, or tort laws with which he
or she disagreed

Read the rest http://www.cruz.senate.gov/files/documents/The Legal Limit/The Legal Limit Report 4.pdf

In the more than two centuries of our nation’s history, there is simply no precedent for the White House wantonly ignoring federal law and asking others to do the same.

I realize that Cruz was probably in Canada during Grenada and Iran-Contra, but surely he was around for the McCain Amendment...

Well.....if Ted Cruz says it.....it must be measured and without hyperbole. He's known for his well developed theories.

And he is quite flush with facts too

-Geaux

Of course. Obama is dangerous! Sure.

So, you don't consider a POTUS who is repeatedly overruled in courts for acting OUTSIDE the authority of his position to be dangerous?

That is a yes or no question for you.

-Geaux

Nope.

Well.....if Ted Cruz says it.....it must be measured and without hyperbole. He's known for his well developed theories.

-Geaux

So, you don't consider a POTUS who is repeatedly overruled in courts for acting OUTSIDE the authority of his position to be dangerous?

-Geaux

Nope.

thx

That fine. Then expect more of the same.

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux

Nope.

thx

-Geaux

I do. It's been this way since I drew my first breath. Presidents and Congress struggle for power. Only disingenuous assholes pretend that it doesn't happen with every POTUS.

That would be you. And your hero, the high-pitched Mr. Cruz.

There is no question that we have an imperial president. However this not entirely the fault of BO. Congress and the judiciary have failed to do their duty.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Nope.

thx

-Geaux

I do. It's been this way since I drew my first breath. Presidents and Congress struggle for power. Only disingenuous assholes pretend that it doesn't happen with every POTUS.

That would be you. And your hero, the high-pitched Mr. Cruz.

Really? How long have Presidents been getting creamed like Obama by the Federal Courts?

This is dated from summer,.so please add to the list at will

-Geaux

Supreme Court Rules Unanimously Against Obama for 12th and 13th Time Since 2012

Did you know the Obama administration’s position has been defeated in at least 13 – thirteen — cases before the Supreme Court since January 2012 that wereunanimous decisions?

So even the liberal justices on the Court, including the two justices appointed by President Barack Obama — Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor — have disagreed with the DOJ’s positions. As George Mason University law professor Ilya Somintold the Washington Times last year, “When the administration loses significant cases in unanimous decisions and cannot even hold the votes of its own appointees . . . it is an indication that they adopted such an extreme position on the scope of federal power that even generally sympathetic judges could not even support it.”

Supreme Court Rules Unanimously Against Obama for 12th and 13th Time Since 2012 National Review Online

Do your research, loser. Pretend that you hate a former president as much as you actually hate Obama.....and then find the cases of overreach that "marred" their administration.

You can do it!!!!

Do your research, loser. Pretend that you hate a former president as much as you actually hate Obama.....and then find the cases of overreach that "marred" their administration.

You can do it!!!!

Wait, you made the claim like communist do, now back it up. Go get us a score card

I can wait

You can do it!!!!

Wait, you made the claim like communist do, now back it up. Go get us a score card

I can wait

You will wait. I ain't gettin' shit. You are deranged with hate for the sitting POTUS. You haven't earned any effort on my part.

And...the plural form of "communist" requires an "s" at the end.

You can do it!!!!

I can wait

You will wait. I ain't gettin' shit. You are deranged with hate for the sitting POTUS. You haven't earned any effort on my part.

The only time you're ever occasionally correct is when you correct spelling and grammar

Gold star for you Johnny! As a reward you get to empty my pencil sharpener

-Geaux

You can do it!!!!

I can wait

BTW- Save yourself some time. Most educated folks use 'you're' instead of 'you are'. No worries, I do the same, so just saying

-Geaux

You can do it!!!!

I can wait

BTW- Save yourself some time. Most educated folks use 'you're' instead of 'you are'. No worries, I do the same, so just saying

-Geaux

That's ridiculous.

Forum List

Back