Ted Cruz: Capt. Kirk was a conservative, Picard was a lefty...another reason to like Cruz....

Were Janewaway,Sisko, and Archer liberal or conservative?

No. They were simply irrelevant. :biggrin:

Who the heck is Sisco by the way. Is he from Deep Space 8? I never watched that. Speaking of 8 ... 7 of 9 was my favorite anyways.
Like I would take someone who has a character from Doctor Who as their SN serious about Star Trek. lol.
Never watched much Star Trak.

Bottom line it's no more or less realistic than Doctor Who or any other show.

Kirk cared noting for Starfleet regulations, the Prime Directive was a joke to him, he went ahead and did what he wanted, and damn the consequences.

If the natives were worshipping a computer disguised as a god, he would show up the computer as the fraud it was.

If the locals acted like Chicago gangsters, he would unify the gangs under one big boss, who would owe the Federation a piece of the action.

If the locals were Nazis, he would overthrow their leader and prevent a genocide.

If the locals had a fake war with another planet, he would make it a real war and then force them to make peace.

Kirk was never punished for any of these violations.
if the prime directive was such a joke to him,why did he adhere to its directive and even quote it?....and picard was admonished more than once by command for doing what he wanted too....

In Doctor Who, almost all aliens are evil, but the Doctor never lost even when his only weapon was a sonic screwdriver and an endless ability to spout off complete bullshit.

No. Most aliens are not evil in Who. Many are willing to kill humans to survive just like we would kill animals to survive.

Screwdriver is not a weapon and the 1st 2 Doctors never had one.

Of course the plots are mostly BS. The Daleks would have killed the Doctor off early on. But on TV shows the good guy always wins.

Just awesome. listen to it without all the leftwing spin how Cruz called McConnell a liar blaa blaa waa waa, WHICH he is. this written from hotair point of view.
GO CRUZ for President. VIDEO at the site

SNIP:

Ted Cruz accuses Mitch McConnell of lying about trade deal
Senator Ted Cruz says Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell lied about a deal with Senate Democrats over Trade Promotion Authority and the Export-Import Bank. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).
Reuters

23807617.jpg

Ted Cruz accuses Mitch McConnell of lying about trade deal
Senator Ted Cruz says Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell lied about a deal with Senate Democrats over Trade Promotion Authority and the Export-Import Bank. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).
Reuters

I’m not going to excerpt it for you, despite the length. You need to watch it all; if you can’t spare 20 minutes, at least watch the middle third where he gets into corporate cooptation of the one-party state. This is one of the most brutal attacks — not incorrect, mind you, just brutal — you’ll ever see by a senator on his colleagues, starting with his own majority leader. Sample quote: “[This majority] does get things done, but it listens to one and only one voice: That is, the voice of the Washington cartel, of the lobbyists on K Street, of the big money and big corporations.” This guy is talking about his own caucus.

Nominally, this speech is about McConnell’s betrayal of opponents of the Ex-Im bank and his Reid-esque procedural scam to block conservative amendments that could have jeopardized the Iran deal. What it really is, of course, is a campaign commercial for Cruz 2016 aimed at all the Trump voters he covets but who prefer someone (for the moment) who stands outside the political class. This is Cruz’s way of showing them that not only is he willing to throw punches at the establishment too, he hits much harder than Trump does. The unspoken point is, “If you detest Washington and its endless corrupt excrescences, why would you support him instead of me?” Good question. I have no idea.

all of it here:

Ted Cruz on the Senate floor: Mitch McConnell’s a liar and our new majority is a cronyist fraud

The more I hear ted Cruz talk the more I like him.

Yes, someone calling out all the corrupted, lying, backstabbing of the people they supposedly Represent. McConnell has been a real snake. I'm sorry to see the people put him back in office

Well Trump was getting a lot of the crazies and Cruz has just hit back...
The fight is on for the hearts and minds of the crazies...

How far can they go : Summary executions of poor and blacks, Invade everyone, give guns to tourists,....

How far can they go : Summary executions of poor and blacks, Invade everyone, give guns to tourists,....

nobody want's to hear stupid dramatics. Just go and vote for your Hillary.

Were you born this spectacularly stupid?

Calling out the corny capitalist, Rino, frauds for what they are is crazy? :uhh:

In Doctor Who, almost all aliens are evil, but the Doctor never lost even when his only weapon was a sonic screwdriver and an endless ability to spout off complete bullshit.

No. Most aliens are not evil in Who. Many are willing to kill humans to survive just like we would kill animals to survive.

Screwdriver is not a weapon and the 1st 2 Doctors never had one.

Of course the plots are mostly BS. The Daleks would have killed the Doctor off early on. But on TV shows the good guy always wins.
in the novels the ist and second doctors had a crude version of one.....and the sonic screwdriver can most certainly be used as a weapon against non living things and has been used for just that....

Forum List

Back