Ted Cruz admitted to colleagues that all 'one hundred senators' knew Trump committed an impeachable defense: report

Ray you dont want to discuss this in a serious manner if you persist in stating that trump is innocent. It undrmines your credibility.

And nowhere did I suggest that other countries should be involved.

I'm as serious as a heart attack. Trump broke no laws nor committed an impeachable offense. The Communists just made it all up to keep Zelenskyy quiet. Of course they will be crying next year when we do that to Dementia. But as Rambo said in the movie "I didn't draw first blood sir!"

According to a new book that documents how the Republican Party leadership worked behind the scenes with Donald Trump's legal team during both of his impeachments, Politico's Rachel Bade and the Washington Post's Karoun Demirjian report that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) warned his GOP colleagues that there was no doubt by anyone in the Senate that the former president had engaged in at least one impeachable offense.

In the book, "Unchecked: The Untold Story Behind Congress’s Botched Impeachments of Donald Trump,” Bade and Demirjian documents GOP squabbles behind the scenes over defense strategy with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-Sc) once storming out and exclaiming “We are F*CKED. We are F*CKED!

In his report on the behind-the-scenes book, the HuffPost's Igor Bobic writes that during Trump's first trial over a "quid pro quo" phone call to Ukraine President Volodymy Zelenskyy seeking dirt on Joe Biden before the 2020 presidential election, Republican senators battled over strategy and fought over a proposal from attorney Alan Dershowitz.

After Sen Roy Blunt (R-MO) insisted Trump's legal team fire Dershowitz immediately, Ted Cruz suggested it was time to change tactics while advising his colleagues that there was a universal belief in the Senate that Trump was guilty.

According to the book, Cruz told his colleagues, "Out of one hundred senators, you have zero who believe you that there was no quid pro quo. None. There’s not a single one,” a confession, which Bobic, adds was contrary to what Republicans were saying in interviews at the time during the impeachment trial.

I am pretty sure no one is surprised.

it just shows that the Republican party cares nothing about the Constitution or the rule of law, all they want to do is to regain power.

“The untold story…”

On sale with the other tabloids at the supermarket checkout lane.

I am pretty sure no one is surprised.
That Politico's Rachel Bade and the Washington Post's Karoun Demirjian made up such an outlandish story to sell a book and smear Trump?

I'm certainly not surprised.

That gullible Dems fell for it? Bade and Demirjian were certainly not suprised about that.

Biden doesn't want to terminate the Constitution.
does he even know we have one? He seems to ignore it…for decades really…

then you got his mentors Sen Eastland…etc…they didn’t care

his former boss? has anyone been overturned more then obama?

Forum List

Back