Tebow 'Looking Sharp' in Eagles Training Camp

Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly continues to be impressed by quarterback Tim Tebow, who will earn a spot on the team if he doesn't make any major errors the rest of the preseason, a team source tells ESPN's Dianna Russini.

The source said Kelly's excitement for Tebow is getting stronger. Kelly is impressed by Tebow's running skill, and although he's not perfect, he's improved throwing the football, making him valuable with the new two-point rule and in short-yardage situations.

Chip Kelly of Philadelphia Eagles excited by Tim Tebow's growth as quarterback

3rd string Barkley gets rid of the ball faster when passing but can't run. Tebow can run even tho' he keeps the ball too long when passing.
I'd stick with Tebow.........

3rd string Barkley gets rid of the ball faster when passing but can't run. Tebow can run even tho' he keeps the ball too long when passing.
Thing is we really don't know jack shit about what Barkley can do. I'd like to see him have a good preseason simply to up his trade value. I think that's what chips hoping for.

I think it's just natural that a mobile QB is gonna hold the ball a little longer just because he's looking to extend a play.

Thing is we really don't know jack shit about what Barkley can do. I'd like to see him have a good preseason simply to up his trade value. I think that's what chips hoping for.

The ceiling on Barkleys trade value is very, very low.........otherwise, I'd agree with you.

I've seen enough of Barkley to know that he is basically jack-shit in a regular season game. Reid would've hung onto him, but thank God that Chip isn't Reid and hopefully Chip sticks with Tebow for 3rd string.

The ceiling on Barkleys trade value is very, very low.........otherwise, I'd agree with you.

Why do you say that? Due to his poor season last year?

Chip better keep Tebow, otherwise, after yesterdays' game, he'll end up on somebody elses' roster. Tebow is in shape now, looked very good passing and running.

Matt Barkley traded to Cardinals today.............looks like Tebow will be on the roster.

Philadelphia Eagles Stats at NFL.com

Player .............. Att Comp Yds .. Comp % .. Yds/Att ... TD .. TD % ... INT .. INT % .. Long .. Sck .. Sack/Lost .. Rating
Matt Barkley ..... 52 ...27 ...351 ....51.9 .............6.8 .......0 ......0.0 .........2 ......3.8 ........40 .......3 ...........19 ............57.5
Mark Sanchez .. 46 ...29 ...320 ....63.0 .............7.0 .......3 .......6.5 .........0 ......0.0 ........50 .......1 ............2 ...........105.3
Tim Tebow ....... 36 ...21 ...286 ....58.3 .............7.9 .......2 .......5.6 .........1 ......2.8 ........45 .......5 ...........35 ............90.7
Sam Bradford ... 15 ...13 ...156 ....86.7 ...........10.4 .......3 ......20.0 .......0 ......0.0 ........33 .......0 .............0 ..........149.6

Bradford and Sanchez have some awesome stats, but this is preseason. Tebow definitely had a good enough season to start at most NFL clubs below the 0.500 level of wins.

Sanchez stats are deceiving though. He can't get the ball downfield. Idk of its that he can't, or WONT. He rarely ever hits his first read. It's always a check down to a back or whatever it takes to just get the ball out of his hands and get some yards. Sure he managed games last year and all, but he's not gonna win playoff games. If it's down to him, or tebow, the season is over. Let's just pray that Bradford stays healthy.

Sanchez stats are deceiving though. He can't get the ball downfield. Idk of its that he can't, or WONT. He rarely ever hits his first read. It's always a check down to a back or whatever it takes to just get the ball out of his hands and get some yards. Sure he managed games last year and all, but he's not gonna win playoff games. If it's down to him, or tebow, the season is over. Let's just pray that Bradford stays healthy.

I am not an Iggles fan, I am a Pats fan, and so I kind hope that Sanchez gets the starting job, lol. :)

Eagles camp notebook: Tim Tebow sharp on Day 1

"Quarterback Tim Tebow got off to a strong start at training camp, though his reps were limited during the 90-minute workout that was conducted in shorts and without shoulder pads.

Tebow completed 7 of his first 8 passes during drills and looked more confident and precise than he did during the minicamps.

His best play came during the one-on-one sessions, when he lofted a deep pass down the sideline that wide receiver and former University of Florida teammate Riley Cooper caught in stride for a 50-yard gain. Cooper even pumped his fist as he was running downfield."

Looks like maybe all that money Tim put into throwing mechanics coaching has paid off.
We'll see. Tebow's weakness, imo, has always been that he isn't sharp enough to keep up with the higher level of playmaking the NFL requires over college.

Eagles camp notebook: Tim Tebow sharp on Day 1

"Quarterback Tim Tebow got off to a strong start at training camp, though his reps were limited during the 90-minute workout that was conducted in shorts and without shoulder pads.

Tebow completed 7 of his first 8 passes during drills and looked more confident and precise than he did during the minicamps.

His best play came during the one-on-one sessions, when he lofted a deep pass down the sideline that wide receiver and former University of Florida teammate Riley Cooper caught in stride for a 50-yard gain. Cooper even pumped his fist as he was running downfield."

Looks like maybe all that money Tim put into throwing mechanics coaching has paid off.
We'll see. Tebow's weakness, imo, has always been that he isn't sharp enough to keep up with the higher level of playmaking the NFL requires over college.

His mind was okay, it was his mechanics on throwing. He looks a lot better than he did two years ago. He would make a good Halfback or TE.

Forum List

Back