Team America SUCKS

Dan said:
"We didn't listen!!!"

That was great. The 3 kids coming on the boat to "save" the citizens of Beaverton was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. They really like to give it to those shitty action movies whenever they can, don't they?

that was a great episode. they made fun of both sides of the spectrum, which is great. i can laugh at myself and my fellow conservatives, but i laugh harder at the liberals.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/

This Wednesday on South Park: "Marjorine"
The 4th grade girls are having a sleepover. It’s imperative that the boys find out what goes on behind those closed doors. Butters is picked to be the boy who must fake his death, become a girl and infiltrate this age-old feminine tradition.

Join us Wednesday evening for trivia and you could win a Professor Chaos T-shirt!

Eh, that doesn't sound too promising, but it may be good. I'll watch it either way. Whenever Butters is a major part of the show, he always ends up getting really messed up (I'm thinking the ninja weapons episode).

Matt DAMON !!!!

This movie is really great.

I don't understand the people who say it's a propaganda movie, it bashes everybody, the terrorists, Kim Jong Il, the US super heroes, the US actors, and Matt DAMON !!! :D

It has to be taken with a second degree of humor, people who see here a demonstration of the might of USA aren't right, the creators of South park shot everywhere and on everybody.

I particularly like Spotswoode, his voice in french is great great great ! ;) and the character is awesome.
Chris is alos awesome too :D

Well, it's a great movie, the puppets are excellent, the background and paysages really fantastic.
And there are a ot of clichés (the german's representant looking like Bismarck, the scene of Paris or Cairo - they probably didn't open a book about Paris or Egypt to place the monuments where they place them :D ).

I really laugh a lot, and again, it's not serious, just a second degree humor.
Democrats can laugh about the exageration of the Team America's ways ("America fuck yeah", or the "we protect we serve we CARE" on the plane, sraching everything ;) , the "hello, french friends, all is OK", with paris burning behind them...), Reps can laugh about the F.A.G. (the Sean Penn's sentence about Iraq is great, Matt Damon is awesome :D and the song about Peral Harbor and Ben Affleck really excellent).

A really good entertainment !!!!

I don't think it's propaganda. It was made by the South Park guys, and they make fun of everybody. Their political stance is, "We hate conservatives, but we REALLY f-ing hate liberals." My beef with it is that it's just a little too vulgar. Same with the South Park movie.

My beef with it is that it's just a little too vulgar. Same with the South Park movie.

I felt like they were both pretty much perfect. Very vulgar, sure, but that's kinda their forte, y'know?

Sidenote: was anyone here a fan of That's My Bush? It was a great show Matt & Trey did that was basically a parody of sitcoms (well, I don't know that parody is the right word; That's My Bush is to sitcoms as Team America is to action movies) that centered around GW Bush in the White House. It was easily one of the funniest shows on Comedy Central ever, and as such, it was cancelled after about five episodes. I really wish they'd put it out on DVD.

I particularly like Spotswoode, his voice in french is great great great !

I'm not sure how fluent your English comprehension is, but it's worth it to check out the English language track, as with South Park, Trey and Matt do most of the voices (I've never heard the French track, but I'm assuming it's not them doing the voices, correct?), and their voice work is just genius.

the "hello, french friends, all is OK", with paris burning behind them...),

"People of France! Don't worry! Everything is bon !" One fo my favorite lines in the movie. :D

I really think they did a great job of not taking sides at all. A lot of people felt like they trashed democrats more, but I think it was just different styles of jokes. The jokes like F.A.G. and all the celebrity stuff is really on-the-nose and direct, but if you think about it, the whole idea of Team America is kind of a slam against the right-wing idea of America governing the rest of the world.

And, seriously, one of the best soundtracks EVER.

OK, one more great line, then I'll stop....

Janeane Garafalo: "As actors, it is our duty to read the newspaper, then go on television and say what we said like it's our own opinion."

II didn't see it in original version, i'm sure it's awesome, I was the South park in english, the voices were best than in french (in french, the French is British).
But for Team America, the people who double the voices did a real great job ;).

I like the songs, "I'm so wonewy" is excellent.

Matt Damon !

Forum List

Back