Teaching Masturbation To 5-year-olds?

CherryPanda

Aug 12, 2014
Recently there have appeared different initiatives on educational reforms. On innovations. Whatever. But sometimes the innovators cross the line, imho.
This article tells about an idea that was discussed in one of the schools – to tell kids from 5 to 8 about masturbation. Though having interest for your genitals is natural at this period of kids’ psychological development, is it really necessary to talk about that at school?
The officials said they were just gathering community input. But the fact this idea even got into their minds and was discussed seems to me quite alarming.

Remember when there was a time when a teacher telling a five year old to pull down their pants was a bad thing? Now it's part of being a good teacher.

Recently there have appeared different initiatives on educational reforms. On innovations. Whatever. But sometimes the innovators cross the line, imho.
This article tells about an idea that was discussed in one of the schools – to tell kids from 5 to 8 about masturbation. Though having interest for your genitals is natural at this period of kids’ psychological development, is it really necessary to talk about that at school?
The officials said they were just gathering community input. But the fact this idea even got into their minds and was discussed seems to me quite alarming.

For sure, who would think of something like that? But sadly, a proposal is a lot more than just getting the idea in their minds.

For sure, who would think of something like that? But sadly, a proposal is a lot more than just getting the idea in their minds.

That was exactly my idea! But obviously, some people have problems reading what is written...
What do you mean by 'a lot more than just an idea'?

Anyway, the thing is the idea of education is being perverted. I understand the intention of schools to take responsibility for teaching kids some social skills that parents might fail to teach, but this... Isn't this too private to be discussed at school? And too early for such little kids?

That was exactly my idea! But obviously, some people have problems reading what is written...

Anyway, the thing is the idea of education is being perverted. I understand the intention of schools to take responsibility for teaching kids some social skills that parents might fail to teach, but this... Isn't this too private to be discussed at school? And too early for such little kids?

It's about the process of desensitizing them while very young, the same principle used by the Hitler Youth programs and Soviet school propaganda programs, and of course strapping bombs to young children in Islamic countries and Gaza and the like, so yes, it's much more than just an idea.

It's about the process of desensitizing them while very young, the same principle used by the Hitler Youth programs and Soviet school propaganda programs, and of course strapping bombs to young children in Islamic countries and Gaza and the like, so yes, it's much more than just an idea.

In such context it looks even scarier than in the beginning... I mean, one thing is just some strange and not very healthy initiative of education officials and the other thing - possible prospects and consequences of such initiative. And a final goal.. Why on earth would they need to desensitize our youngest? What is the result these things might be aimed at?
And aren't we getting too close to a conspiracy theory? o_O

Public education needs to go, it's a perfect example of government corruption.

But there is no other system that provides affordable education for everyone. When the system was created, the idea was to get away from the world where education is a privilege for rich. If we cancel public education, we'll get back to that world.

Public education needs to go, it's a perfect example of government corruption.

But there is no other system that provides affordable education for everyone. When the system was created, the idea was to get away from the world where education is a privilege for rich. If we cancel public education, we'll get back to that world.
Nope, half of my property taxes goes to public ed and it's way too bloated. I can see some public relief for the seriously poor, not those that put kids down the priority list, in privately run schools.

Yea, it's ludicrous, but while people might expect them to bow to reason, don't expect it. They could easily go ahead with this proposal if they want to. People rarely go to this much trouble simply for discussion sake, but hopefully, this will be one of those rare times. However, they may have an agenda and more improper ideas to teach the kids. I think it is like giving people an inch and them then taking a whole mile and why no sex education should ever have been allowed in the first place.

I don't believe ANY sex education is appropriate for school. That is the parent's job, and if the parent doesn't do it, there are still many ways to learn good behaviors, but not compromising the parent's authority of how and when is most important.

Last edited:

If only because in our hyper-PC culture we expel or otherwise punish young children for being young children, this isn't a lesson 5 year olds need thinking of what's gonna happen then at recess. :)

But children do masturbate. Letting them know it's natural and fine isn't the worst idea. But teaching young children about their bodies is one thing, teaching them what's socially inappropriate is another.

How do you know children masturbate, Alfred?

Did you know that masturbation is one of the first and most reliable indications that a young child has been sexually assaulted?

"Sanitizing child sexual abuse
Kinsey also based his liberal view of child rape on research tabulated in Graph Tables 31-34 in the male volume, which chronicled systematic sexual abuse of boys aged 2 months to 15 years old. Kinsey concluded that the boys, despite violent
reactions and crying, enjoyed being manually and orally stimulated by pedophiles. To Kinsey, what most people thought was rape was merely “sex play” with children, which was essentially harmless, particularly ifthe child gave “consent.”
http://www.cwfa.org/images/content/kinsey-women_11_03.pdf

Forum List

Back