Teachers Union Boosts Spending for Liberal Candidates

A lot of good teachers walked years ago because they did not want to be a part of that ongoing agenda.

This country spends more on education than anyone else in the world but yet has the least to show for it. We have a terrible education system in this country.

Thanks to Democrats for spending the money as payback the filthy greedy unions instead of spending it for anything that really matters.

The department of indoctrination er, uh, education should be dissolved. It's nothing but a den of jackals for Marxist propaganda and money laundering for the democrat party.

Duh. Why would they donate to candidates who openly despise education and teachers?

Isn't that what they're already doing?
I dunno. Are they giving the GOP any money?

Government education in this country is a sad joke. As pointed out by a previous poster and despite the claims of the teachers unions that education is underfunded, it is quite true that we spend more than just about every country in the world and get very poor results. Every time someone comes up with an idea to improve our education system, whether it be by vouchers, school choice, charter schools, homeschooling, etc. the Democrats fight against these reforms tooth and nail in order to preserve the status quo which is exactly what the unions want. So yes, there is a party that despises education and all they care about is the tens of millions of dollars they reap in donations from the unions. If you really think they give a shit about the quality of education your child is getting then I have a bridge I'd like to sell if you're game.

Parenting in this country is worse than any other country in the world.

This country spends more on education than anyone else in the world but yet has the least to show for it. We have a terrible education system in this country.

Thanks to Democrats for spending the money as payback the filthy greedy unions instead of spending it for anything that really matters.

Democrats always blame others for their failure. I watched the teachers in Wisconsin throw their hissy fit and scream and trash the capitol building. Parents of students weren't responsible for that.

Duh. Why would they donate to candidates who openly despise education and teachers?

Government education in this country is a sad joke. As pointed out by a previous poster and despite the claims of the teachers unions that education is underfunded, it is quite true that we spend more than just about every country in the world and get very poor results. Every time someone comes up with an idea to improve our education system, whether it be by vouchers, school choice, charter schools, homeschooling, etc. the Democrats fight against these reforms tooth and nail in order to preserve the status quo which is exactly what the unions want. So yes, there is a party that despises education and all they care about is the tens of millions of dollars they reap in donations from the unions. If you really think they give a shit about the quality of education your child is getting then I have a bridge I'd like to sell if you're game.
Over 40% of the nation believes in creationism and denounces science as being nothing more than a political tool. Those people don't vote Democrat. The GOP demonizes higher education, public education (the only education most people can afford), Professors, teachers... the fact of the matter is that most of the people the GOP hates that are involved in education are trying to improve the education system. They're certainly not in it for the shitty salary and the student loan debt.

Democrats always blame others for their failure. I watched the teachers in Wisconsin throw their hissy fit and scream and trash the capitol building. Parents of students weren't responsible for that.
Yeah responsible had one of the best education systems in the country. Walker has worked hard to change that.

Over 40% of the nation believes in creationism and denounces science as being nothing more than a political tool. Those people don't vote Democrat. The GOP demonizes higher education, public education (the only education most people can afford), Professors, teachers... the fact of the matter is that most of the people the GOP hates that are involved in education are trying to improve the education system. They're certainly not in it for the shitty salary and the student loan debt.

That may very well be, but it doesn't address what I said.

Seems you pass the blame. But that is a typical remark from the right.
Ever wonder or decided to check into another reason as to why grades are not meeting requirements? I bet not.
Go to a local school meeting or board meeting or to a school and as what is one, and I emphasize one, of the reasons for students not meeting requirements.
I guarantee it will be absences. But then again, you are a right wing believer. So it is all the teachers fault.

Last edited:
Surprised? And it makes no difference what the majority of the membership wants.

For the fiscal year ending June 30, the union reported $37.6 million in political activity and lobbying expenditures, a $12.7-million increase from the previous year.

Read more @ Teachers Union Significantly Ups Spending on Political Activities, Boosts Liberals
Why is the Left not upset about all this money being spent on politics?

They are most upset about Citizens United...rather hypocritical, no?

Seems you pass the blame. But that is a typical remark from the right.
Ever wonder or decided to check into another reason as to why grades are not meeting requirements? I bet not.
Go to a local school meeting or board meeting or to a school and as what is one, and I emphasize one, of the reasons for students not meeting requirements.
I guarantee it will be absences. But then again, you are a right wing believer. So it is all the teachers fault.

The teacher unions in Washington state went out on strike, which is against the law in Washington even if their contract has expired. You approve?

Surprised? And it makes no difference what the majority of the membership wants.

For the fiscal year ending June 30, the union reported $37.6 million in political activity and lobbying expenditures, a $12.7-million increase from the previous year.

Read more @ Teachers Union Significantly Ups Spending on Political Activities, Boosts Liberals
Why is the Left not upset about all this money being spent on politics?

They are most upset about Citizens United...rather hypocritical, no?
Teacher Unions give millions to the democrat party, then grab their "for the children" sign and stand on the corner like beggars.

Forum List

Back