Teachers Told To Favor Black Students In ‘Racial Equity’ Training

Sending your kid to public school is the equivalent to child abuse.

In controversial “implicit bias” training, New York City’s public-school educators have been told to focus on black children over white ones — and one Jewish superintendent who described her family’s Holocaust tragedies was scolded and humiliated, according to firsthand accounts.

A consultant hired by the city Department of Education told administrators at a workshop that “racial equity” means favoring black children regardless of their socio-economic status, sources said.

“If I had a poor white male student and I had a middle-class black boy, I would actually put my equitable strategies and interventions into that middle class black boy because over the course of his lifetime he will have less access and less opportunities than that poor white boy,” the consultant, Darnisa Amante, is quoted as saying by those in the room.

“That’s what racial equity is,” Amante explained.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/teach...campaign=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true

Why do you take extreme examples and paint the entire public schools system as being as screwed up as NYC schools? That only proves that you are the dumbass in the equation.

Did you attend public schools? If so should you be arrested for child abuse?

My three children and two grandchildren attended school systems where I taught. Their education was vastly superior to mine.
Your belief it’s an isolated incident simply validates my point the teachers are the root cause for the decline in education.
Fuck off. Are you for real? Don't blame this on teachers; it's the dipshit bureaucrats and administration ruining everything. Depending on the school, teachers can barely run their own classrooms how they want. When I started in primary sped, my assistant principal (who specializes in pre-k and NOT special ed) scolded my ass for trying to run my sped class like a sped classroom, and, instead, told me to run my class like a pre-k program.

The second I got in, the cabinets and storage was FLOODED with toys and other shit useless for teaching ID kids outside of reenforcement, so I gave away a bunch of toys to the pre-k programs. She was infuriated me and told me that I needed to treat my 6-8 year old students like fucking 3 year olds. Bitch tied my hands behind my back and told me to run my class like a fucking Montessori school. First and foremost, my students need to be taught DISCIPLINE! How to stay in designated areas, how to respect authority figures, and how to follow directions. These are essential skills to holding a job AND these seeds need to be planted early in life. After teaching discipline, I can get to academics. But her arrogance and ignorance made her think kids that 6 year olds with down syndrome can play with toys and magically learn their ABCs AND that academics was the most important thing for them to learn. Ignoring the likelyhood that these kids are going to make coffee or clean up trash for the rest of their lives, if they're lucky enough to have independence at all. The way parents are now? Kids without Intellectual Disabilities are barely leaving the nest and getting independence from mommy and daddy.

Bureaucrats and administration are the fuckers that are choking and stomping on teachers. I mean, you think teachers are about equity because they believe in it? In CCSD, we have weekly trainings telling us how to do our jobs, including this equity shit. Whether we like it or not, it has to be implemented in our classrooms. And that's the thing, like, I don't even want to blame administration so much. I'm willing to bet that the bureaucrats are up their asses, the same way they're up the teachers' asses. Regardless, this is totally not the fault of the teachers.
Teachers don’t teach. They just go on strike to get richer.

Ok, that might be the dumbest post i've seen this year. Teachers work under some the worst conditions imaginable, and they still do the job. After all the BS from the state, the dept of ed, school boards, and the weasly little administrators, it is amazing teachers are able to help as much as they can. Few other professions have to put up with this wall of bs. It is truly monolithic. I'm no fan of hippies telling kids Vietnam is beautiful and that communism is great, English Teachers, but by and large, teachers try to help our kids through seas of bullshit.
That’s the point - teachers doing their job.
You think it’s good they punish kids for being white, I think it’s bad.

Ok, that might be the dumbest post i've seen this year. Teachers work under some the worst conditions imaginable, and they still do the job. After all the BS from the state, the dept of ed, school boards, and the weasly little administrators, it is amazing teachers are able to help as much as they can. Few other professions have to put up with this wall of bs. It is truly monolithic. I'm no fan of hippies telling kids Vietnam is beautiful and that communism is great, English Teachers, but by and large, teachers try to help our kids through seas of bullshit.
Wait, what's the point again? Is it that they're doing their job, or is it that they're NOT doing their job? Pick one.

Wait, what's the point again? Is it that they're doing their job, or is it that they're NOT doing their job? Pick one.
Teachers do a great job of punishing children for being white and dumbing down the next generation.

Why do you take extreme examples and paint the entire public schools system as being as screwed up as NYC schools? That only proves that you are the dumbass in the equation.

Did you attend public schools? If so should you be arrested for child abuse?

My three children and two grandchildren attended school systems where I taught. Their education was vastly superior to mine.
Your belief it’s an isolated incident simply validates my point the teachers are the root cause for the decline in education.
Fuck off. Are you for real? Don't blame this on teachers; it's the dipshit bureaucrats and administration ruining everything. Depending on the school, teachers can barely run their own classrooms how they want. When I started in primary sped, my assistant principal (who specializes in pre-k and NOT special ed) scolded my ass for trying to run my sped class like a sped classroom, and, instead, told me to run my class like a pre-k program.

The second I got in, the cabinets and storage was FLOODED with toys and other shit useless for teaching ID kids outside of reenforcement, so I gave away a bunch of toys to the pre-k programs. She was infuriated me and told me that I needed to treat my 6-8 year old students like fucking 3 year olds. Bitch tied my hands behind my back and told me to run my class like a fucking Montessori school. First and foremost, my students need to be taught DISCIPLINE! How to stay in designated areas, how to respect authority figures, and how to follow directions. These are essential skills to holding a job AND these seeds need to be planted early in life. After teaching discipline, I can get to academics. But her arrogance and ignorance made her think kids that 6 year olds with down syndrome can play with toys and magically learn their ABCs AND that academics was the most important thing for them to learn. Ignoring the likelyhood that these kids are going to make coffee or clean up trash for the rest of their lives, if they're lucky enough to have independence at all. The way parents are now? Kids without Intellectual Disabilities are barely leaving the nest and getting independence from mommy and daddy.

Bureaucrats and administration are the fuckers that are choking and stomping on teachers. I mean, you think teachers are about equity because they believe in it? In CCSD, we have weekly trainings telling us how to do our jobs, including this equity shit. Whether we like it or not, it has to be implemented in our classrooms. And that's the thing, like, I don't even want to blame administration so much. I'm willing to bet that the bureaucrats are up their asses, the same way they're up the teachers' asses. Regardless, this is totally not the fault of the teachers.

In that case, you need to address your comments to the teachers in the NYC public schools and leave the rest of them alone. Put away that broad brush and break out your sniper scope dumbass!

In that case, you need to address your comments to the teachers in the NYC public schools and leave the rest of them alone. Put away that broad brush and break out your sniper scope dumbass!
Must I create separate threads for Los Angeles teachers patting themselves on the back for increasing high school graduation rates after eliminating the competency test? Or Oakland teachers having children play act as Muslims and praying towards Mecca? Suspending 6 year olds for using a sandwich like a gun?

Must I create separate threads for Los Angeles teachers patting themselves on the back for increasing high school graduation rates after eliminating the competency test? Or Oakland teachers having children play act as Muslims and praying towards Mecca? Suspending 6 year olds for using a sandwich like a gun?

Those have already been covered in other threads af nauseam. Do you notice the commonality of those topics?

Last edited:

Those have already been covered in other threads af nauseam. Do you notice the commonality of those topics?
Yes. Teachers defending the failed education system.

Yes. Teachers defending the failed education system.

Wrong again! Those are inner city schools dominated by liberal school boards. That happens in a tiny percentage of schools and you act like it is every one in the country. That is why you are stupid! Willful ignorance is your issue!

Teachers do a great job of punishing children for being white and dumbing down the next generation.

Somebody sure did a number on you.

No shock teachers defend failing children because of their skin color.

Are the teachers even advocating for this bullshit? Teachers have no say when bureaucrats come up with this stuff. If teachers in an area WANT this stuff, you can rip on them, but if the pointy headed powers that be come up with it, you can't attack all teachers.

Huge difference between teachers and the department of ED. Teachers want to teach, the department of ED tries to prevent them from teaching.

That’s not happening, you obsessed jackass.

Are the teachers even advocating for this bullshit? Teachers have no say when bureaucrats come up with this stuff. If teachers in an area WANT this stuff, you can rip on them, but if the pointy headed powers that be come up with it, you can't attack all teachers.

Nothing like that has ever been so much as suggested at any school I have ever taught at or ever would teach at. No teacher I know would be a part of any such bullshit. This weathercock idiot just has a raging, full-on obsession with teachers.

In controversial “implicit bias” training, New York City’s public-school educators have been told to focus on black children over white ones — and one Jewish superintendent who described her family’s Holocaust tragedies was scolded and humiliated, according to firsthand accounts.

A consultant hired by the city Department of Education told administrators at a workshop that “racial equity” means favoring black children regardless of their socio-economic status, sources said.

“If I had a poor white male student and I had a middle-class black boy, I would actually put my equitable strategies and interventions into that middle class black boy because over the course of his lifetime he will have less access and less opportunities than that poor white boy,” the consultant, Darnisa Amante, is quoted as saying by those in the room.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/teach...campaign=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true

Colleges have come up with an adversity score. It’s brilliant because it doesn’t take race into account.

1. Do you come from a 1 parent home?

2. Do you live in a poor community?

3. Are your parents immigrants?

Kids get extra credit added to their sat’s for thes three things.

This is to combat the unfair advantage rich kids with two parents who were educated in America have on the ones who have survived adversity.

It’s all about finding our best and brightest and fairly judging the rest of us compared to rich kids who’s parents can pay for the best tutors.

The game is rigged. Don’t you want to even the playing field or do you defend rich privilege? Huh aunt Becky?

Your envy of rich kids and their privileges is clear and pathetic. In a free society, all people are judged on their individual merits, and not on where those merits were derived. If rich kids can get a better education, more power to them.

The fact that modern public schools are, for the most part, abject failures is evident in student performance in college. Most freshman students spend their first year, or years, taking remedial courses in the basics of education. Forty percent will not finish college. Another forty percent will take at least six years to obtain a bachelor's degree.

Colleges have come up with an adversity score. It’s brilliant because it doesn’t take race into account.

This is to combat the unfair advantage rich kids with two parents who were educated in America have on the ones who have survived adversity.

It’s all about finding our best and brightest and fairly judging the rest of us compared to rich kids who’s parents can pay for the best tutors.

The game is rigged. Don’t you want to even the playing field or do you defend rich privilege? Huh aunt Becky?

If it's about finding the best and brightest why would any of those factors be taken into consideration?
Because the kid who survives and achieves despite the adversity is better than the spoiled rich kid.

Bull crap. There is little evidence to support that theory.

If it's about finding the best and brightest why would any of those factors be taken into consideration?
Indeed. Ben Carson fits 2 of those categories and the fucker's a brain surgeon that currently works in the white house. A rigged game? No. A difficult one that only the best can beat:

Ben Carson was helped by affirmative action, government welfare, adversity programs, liberals. Shame he didn’t appreciate it.

But maybe he sees the lack of effort the poor black communities are putting forward? We spend a lot of money on social programs over decades and when we look in these high poverty neighborhoods we see how ghetto the residents are. Looking at high crime and poverty neighborhoods it’s hard to want to keep on funding the status quo. Eventually we want to ask the poor people to change their behavior. Raise your kids better and ultimately get the fuck out of that high crime and high poverty area if it’s that bad. And don’t have kids in that area. And it’s important you educate your kids. It’s not enough to have good teachers you need good parents too.

You need to spend more time worrying about your own character, and less judging the character of poor people. Good public schools can overcome the environment that kids are subject to, and provide them an escape route. If you teach a child reading, writhing, and arithmetic, he/she can educate themselves, and reach any level their talents and labor allow.

You are so right!

Teachers I know feel that way.

And the bureaucrats/administrators are Liberals.

Is there something you do not understand about how blacks are treated in society?

You are so right!

Teachers I know feel that way.

And the bureaucrats/administrators are Liberals.
Prove it since you claim it.

Forum List

Back