Teachers Told To Favor Black Students In ‘Racial Equity’ Training

Sending your kid to public school is the equivalent to child abuse.

In controversial “implicit bias” training, New York City’s public-school educators have been told to focus on black children over white ones — and one Jewish superintendent who described her family’s Holocaust tragedies was scolded and humiliated, according to firsthand accounts.

A consultant hired by the city Department of Education told administrators at a workshop that “racial equity” means favoring black children regardless of their socio-economic status, sources said.

“If I had a poor white male student and I had a middle-class black boy, I would actually put my equitable strategies and interventions into that middle class black boy because over the course of his lifetime he will have less access and less opportunities than that poor white boy,” the consultant, Darnisa Amante, is quoted as saying by those in the room.

“That’s what racial equity is,” Amante explained.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/teach...campaign=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true

Why do you take extreme examples and paint the entire public schools system as being as screwed up as NYC schools? That only proves that you are the dumbass in the equation.

Did you attend public schools? If so should you be arrested for child abuse?

My three children and two grandchildren attended school systems where I taught. Their education was vastly superior to mine.
Your belief it’s an isolated incident simply validates my point the teachers are the root cause for the decline in education.

The fact that grass is green validates your belief.

That's how homeschoolers roll, and why I stopped defending homeschooling in the teacher's lounge many years ago. Your tactics don't deserve my defense.

Truth.
Here we are in yet another thread about outlandish behavior of public schools and all the teachers can do is shoot the messenger.
My statement about teachers has been validated yet again.

Did you homeschool your kids? I hope they didn't learn any logic and reason from you. Because THAT is not how you "validate a point"

In controversial “implicit bias” training, New York City’s public-school educators have been told to focus on black children over white ones — and one Jewish superintendent who described her family’s Holocaust tragedies was scolded and humiliated, according to firsthand accounts.

A consultant hired by the city Department of Education told administrators at a workshop that “racial equity” means favoring black children regardless of their socio-economic status, sources said.

“If I had a poor white male student and I had a middle-class black boy, I would actually put my equitable strategies and interventions into that middle class black boy because over the course of his lifetime he will have less access and less opportunities than that poor white boy,” the consultant, Darnisa Amante, is quoted as saying by those in the room.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/teach...campaign=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true

Why do you take extreme examples and paint the entire public schools system as being as screwed up as NYC schools? That only proves that you are the dumbass in the equation.

My three children and two grandchildren attended school systems where I taught. Their education was vastly superior to mine.
Your belief it’s an isolated incident simply validates my point the teachers are the root cause for the decline in education.

That's how homeschoolers roll, and why I stopped defending homeschooling in the teacher's lounge many years ago. Your tactics don't deserve my defense.

Truth.
Here we are in yet another thread about outlandish behavior of public schools and all the teachers can do is shoot the messenger.

Did you homeschool your kids? I hope they didn't learn any logic and reason from you. Because THAT is not how you "validate a point"
Don't you have some white kids to dumb down this week in school? You better prepare.

Fuck off. Are you for real? Don't blame this on teachers; it's the dipshit bureaucrats and administration ruining everything. Depending on the school, teachers can barely run their own classrooms how they want. When I started in primary sped, my assistant principal (who specializes in pre-k and NOT special ed) scolded my ass for trying to run my sped class like a sped classroom, and, instead, told me to run my class like a pre-k program.

The second I got in, the cabinets and storage was FLOODED with toys and other shit useless for teaching ID kids outside of reenforcement, so I gave away a bunch of toys to the pre-k programs. She was infuriated me and told me that I needed to treat my 6-8 year old students like fucking 3 year olds. Bitch tied my hands behind my back and told me to run my class like a fucking Montessori school. First and foremost, my students need to be taught DISCIPLINE! How to stay in designated areas, how to respect authority figures, and how to follow directions. These are essential skills to holding a job AND these seeds need to be planted early in life. After teaching discipline, I can get to academics. But her arrogance and ignorance made her think kids that 6 year olds with down syndrome can play with toys and magically learn their ABCs AND that academics was the most important thing for them to learn. Ignoring the likelyhood that these kids are going to make coffee or clean up trash for the rest of their lives, if they're lucky enough to have independence at all. The way parents are now? Kids without Intellectual Disabilities are barely leaving the nest and getting independence from mommy and daddy.

Bureaucrats and administration are the fuckers that are choking and stomping on teachers. I mean, you think teachers are about equity because they believe in it? In CCSD, we have weekly trainings telling us how to do our jobs, including this equity shit. Whether we like it or not, it has to be implemented in our classrooms. And that's the thing, like, I don't even want to blame administration so much. I'm willing to bet that the bureaucrats are up their asses, the same way they're up the teachers' asses. Regardless, this is totally not the fault of the teachers.
Teachers don’t teach. They just go on strike to get richer.
Nice broad brush you're painting with there. What are you going to say next?

Black people don't work. They just steal from 7/11's
?
Not a shocker that you protect the failing education system in America.
Lol, yes. Because *I* have the power to protect. Naturally, I could just snap my fingers and stop it from collapsing.

I already gave you insight that even teachers can't teach the way they want to in their own classroom, but apparently you're too fucking stupid to grasp that concept. Let me invite you to my classroom next year. You'll fit in well with all my down syndrome 6 and 7 year old students.
Thanks for pointing out Teachers only care about their paycheck.

Wow your kids must have REALLY hated homeschooling

Truth.

Don't you have some white kids to dumb down this week in school? You better prepare.

Your quips are stupid. Bring some fire or be shown up, Weatherman

?
Yesterday at my garage sale some lady came by and we got to talking. She said she worked for one the local schools and I asked her about the kids she taught. She stated that they were disrespectful undisciplined little bastards and that they were not allowed to do anything to them.
Very true. Because teachers created that stupid scenario.
No, fucking moron -- Learn to read. Teacher said students were disrespectful and undisciplined and they weren't ALLOWED to do anything. Teachers have very little power in their own classrooms. I don't know how many fucking people will have to tell you before you get a clue.

EDIT:
Also, it's parents that create the scenario with their shitty parenting skills.

And parents in 2019 have equal sway:

Parents: ZOMG please take care of my Isabelle she's being bullied!!!

Teacher: Actually, Isabelle sometimes--

Parent: Don't you dare discipline my daughter!!

Fuck off. Are you for real? Don't blame this on teachers; it's the dipshit bureaucrats and administration ruining everything. Depending on the school, teachers can barely run their own classrooms how they want. When I started in primary sped, my assistant principal (who specializes in pre-k and NOT special ed) scolded my ass for trying to run my sped class like a sped classroom, and, instead, told me to run my class like a pre-k program.

The second I got in, the cabinets and storage was FLOODED with toys and other shit useless for teaching ID kids outside of reenforcement, so I gave away a bunch of toys to the pre-k programs. She was infuriated me and told me that I needed to treat my 6-8 year old students like fucking 3 year olds. Bitch tied my hands behind my back and told me to run my class like a fucking Montessori school. First and foremost, my students need to be taught DISCIPLINE! How to stay in designated areas, how to respect authority figures, and how to follow directions. These are essential skills to holding a job AND these seeds need to be planted early in life. After teaching discipline, I can get to academics. But her arrogance and ignorance made her think kids that 6 year olds with down syndrome can play with toys and magically learn their ABCs AND that academics was the most important thing for them to learn. Ignoring the likelyhood that these kids are going to make coffee or clean up trash for the rest of their lives, if they're lucky enough to have independence at all. The way parents are now? Kids without Intellectual Disabilities are barely leaving the nest and getting independence from mommy and daddy.

Bureaucrats and administration are the fuckers that are choking and stomping on teachers. I mean, you think teachers are about equity because they believe in it? In CCSD, we have weekly trainings telling us how to do our jobs, including this equity shit. Whether we like it or not, it has to be implemented in our classrooms. And that's the thing, like, I don't even want to blame administration so much. I'm willing to bet that the bureaucrats are up their asses, the same way they're up the teachers' asses. Regardless, this is totally not the fault of the teachers.

You don't know the first thing about it--your ax to grind started most assuredly when your own kids got salty about being homeschooled. As homeschooled kids do.

what means "salty"

You don't know the first thing about it--your ax to grind started most assuredly when your own kids got salty about being homeschooled. As homeschooled kids do.

what means "salty"

Bitter

what means "salty"
Teachers are too busy defending the failing education system in America to think clearly.

what means "salty"
Teachers are too busy defending the failing education system in America to think clearly.

When I see homeschooling families THIS crazy about how bad the public schools are, I know: they don't feel secure in their decision OR little Johnny hates it. So the way they justify the choice is to pile on four-fold onto the schools.

So, irrationally, not just SOME schools and SOME teachers are bad, but they are ALL tantamount to child abuse. They have to be, so you can justify the choice to yourself and your kids.

It's dishonest and pathetic. Don't lie to yourselves and don't lie to little Johnny. But this is what the homeschooling community does. And it's why I stopped defending them.

(not all homeschooling parents but too many of them)

Spin it however you like colleges have figured a way around the argument that affirmative action is racist and unfair to whites. That is true.

But adversity scores are not racist. They’ll benefit lots of disadvantaged whites.

Take it up with the universities who are implementing this. Tell them you are smarter and know better than them

I don't care what they do. I'm not a university student.

?
Yesterday at my garage sale some lady came by and we got to talking. She said she worked for one the local schools and I asked her about the kids she taught. She stated that they were disrespectful undisciplined little bastards and that they were not allowed to do anything to them.

Did she tell you about band camp too?

Time for Wapner, rain man?

Yes, protect your failed education system, just reap in your money.

?

Did she tell you about band camp too?
I posted what she told me.

:lmao:

Spin it however you like colleges have figured a way around the argument that affirmative action is racist and unfair to whites. That is true.

But adversity scores are not racist. They’ll benefit lots of disadvantaged whites.

Take it up with the universities who are implementing this. Tell them you are smarter and know better than them

I don't care what they do. I'm not a university student.
Me either. That’s why I’m a republican now. I’m not a new parent. I’m not going into college. I already have a great job. Already paid off my home. I had two parents. Raised in a good zip code. The only adversity points I would get would be my dads an immigrant. How could he help me with school like American born parents?

It doesn’t matter if it benefits you or me. What’s right is right. Sounds like a nice alternative to affirmative action. Helps all poor disadvantage kids even white ones.

You whites need to get your shit together. 20 years ago white blue collar men ruled. They made a lot. Today white blue collar are struggling. And who’s getting the good jobs? Asians, indians

White men need to realize they don’t have the skills necessary to be paid well. They drove their own high paying union jobs overseas.

I’m not in a union so should I not care? Nonsense. Unions brought up all our wages.

I’m the exception. I do what a lot of people can’t do and that’s sell. Guys like us will do fine under trump.

He will get a pension for as long as he lives. Republicans are against that. He’s an idiot. But like don’t take me bro he’s going to get his.

I know lots of dumb ford American union factory workers who voted republican. Now their jobs don’t exist anymore. But they got their pensions. They didn’t care about the next generation.

Republicanism is selfish politics. Democrats is social. Every man for himself is alright with me.

And I agree with republicans teachers got it too good.

Ok, that might be the dumbest post i've seen this year. Teachers work under some the worst conditions imaginable, and they still do the job. After all the BS from the state, the dept of ed, school boards, and the weasly little administrators, it is amazing teachers are able to help as much as they can. Few other professions have to put up with this wall of bs. It is truly monolithic. I'm no fan of hippies telling kids Vietnam is beautiful and that communism is great, English Teachers, but by and large, teachers try to help our kids through seas of bullshit.

Yet another Cargo Cult attempt to make outcomes instead of develop abilities.

Go figure.

Forum List

Back