Tea Party's goal is to stop Mitt Romney!

Tea Party would pull a lot of votes from Romney

Perhaps. But if someone like Ron Paul is on the ticket, it could pull a lot of votes from Obama as well. Paul (assuming D-Obama and R-Romney) would be the only candidate standing up for many of the positions Obama flip-flopped on. There are a number of progressives and independents who feel betrayed by Obama's reversal, essentially embracing all things Bush (police state, executive privilege, the warfare state, vanishing civil liberties, corporate welfare, habeas corpus, the individual mandate, etc, etc, etc). Paul is by far the most consistent champion for these issues.

Obviously not all of them would, not even most, but a significant number would be tempted, especially if Paul team up with someone like Nader - setting aside ideological difference in a full-fledge effort to get rid of corporatism.

Last edited:
the people who supported Citizen's United are NOT pro freedom, small government or anything else that benefits us, but it the ultimate in corporatism.

and to go a step further, anyone who claims to be small goverment but believes in goverment intrusion into the most personal of matters, like reproductive choice and who one marries, is also NOT small government or protective of individual rights.

Exactly. That's why I'm excited by the prospect of the Rethugs putting Romney on the ticket. It will separate out all the bandwagoneers from the Tea Party. They'll meekly fall back into the Repulican ranks and follow Romney to a dismal loss. But those that bolt might stand a shot a forming a third party with some real clout. It's still a long shot, granted, but it's the best chance we've had in a long time.

Tea Party would pull a lot of votes from Romney

Perhaps. But if someone like Ron Paul is on the ticket, it could pull a lot of votes from Obama as well. Paul (assuming D-Obama and R-Romney) would be the only candidate standing up for many of the positions Obama flip-flopped on. There are a number of progressives and independents who feel betrayed by Obama's reversal, essentially embracing all things Bush (police state, executive privilege, the warfare state, vanishing civil liberties, corporate welfare, habeas corpus, the individual mandate, etc, etc, etc). Paul is by far the most consistent champion for these issues.

Obviously not all of them would, not even most, but a significant number would be tempted, especially if Paul team up with someone like Nader - setting aside ideological difference in a full-fledge effort to get rid of corporatism.

The Tea Party is 25% of the population. Their vote would come out of Romneys hide

It will be interesting to see the tantrum the Tea Party throws when Mitt Romney gets the Republican nomination.

I look for them to either force their own VP on the ticket or run a third party ticket

Either way, Obama wins

You know what will happen, if Romney is nominated and loses to Oama, the rightwing/tea party complaint will be that the GOP failed to nominate someone conservative enough.

I see libtards are having party here. What, they already picking who's gonna run against Obama?

It doesnt matter who's going to be a GOP candidate, that commie in the WH is done next year. Period.

We, as T.E.A Partiers can't allow Mitt Romney to be the Republican candidate. That being said, if Mitt is the nominee, who do you really think I'm voting for? Obama? You all need to pull your fuggin' heads out!

Did I like McCain? No. Did I vote for Obama? No. But I'm confident that you Libs will never pull your heads out of your asses and nominate someone else that is more electable.

The nomination process is all about issues, none of which you Libs will dare touch. Economy. Debt. Wars. Every issue out there is like a 3rd rail for you guys and you don't even know it.

Imagine this: It's Nov, 2012 and I'm at the voting booth. I look at my ballot and I see the following names for President:

(D) Barack Obama
(R) Mitt Romney

Who do you think I'm voting for? (Hint: I'm not on drugs)

But that’s not the issue, it’s a given partisan rightists such as yourself would vote for Romney, you’d vote for any republican against Obama, you don’t care.

That’s not who decides presidential elections, however – they are decided by moderates/independents/weak democrats, and they’ll mostly go for Obama.

Remember: Americans vote for a given presidential candidate because they like him and because they think he’ll win – the issues factor very little.

I support the TEA Parties... and I'd vote for Romney.

Fucking liberals wetting themselves over their own spin.... again.

But Romney won't win the Southern Baptists, hence he won't will the south. Ever read the Southern Baptists position on Mormonism?

I am a Southern Baptist...and I would vote for Mitt Romney.

He wouldn't:

Dr. Moore is the Dean of the School of Theology and Senior Vice-President for Academic Administration at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.

"Mormonism and Mammonism are contrary to the gospel of Jesus Christ. They offer another Lord Jesus than the One offered in the Scriptures and Christian tradition, and another way to approach him. An embrace of these tragic new vehicles for the old Gnostic heresy is unloving to our Mormon friends and secularist neighbors, and to the rest of the watching world. Any "revival" that is possible without the Lord Jesus Christ is a "revival" of a different kind of spirit than the Spirit of Christ (1 Jn. 4:1-3)"

God, the gospel, and Glenn Beck (OneNewsNow.com)

Neither would he:

Dr. R. Albert Mohler Jr., serves as president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary - the flagship school of the Southern Baptist Convention and one of the largest seminaries in the world

Twitter

Oops forgot one:

Q) DOES RICHARD LAND GIVE CREDIBILITY TO LATTER DAY SAINTS (MORMONS) LIKE GLENN BECK?

A) Richard Land has, on multiple occasions, stated his belief that Mormonism is “not an orthodox—with a little ‘o’—Christian faith.” As Dr. Land has stated repeatedly, Mormons are not Christians. He does find common ground with Glenn Beck on many public policy issues, particularly when confronted with the threat the “liberal left” poses in our nation. Dr. Land works productively in a cooperative way to address moral and ethical issues, such as abortion, with a number of groups that have clear theological differences with him. Dr. Land wrote an article published in The Hill discussing the significance of the Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally.

Myths, legends and conscpiracies

Dr. Richard Land
Princeton (A.B., magna cum laude) and Oxford (D.Phil.) educated, Dr. Richard Land has served as president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission since 1988. During his tenure as representative for the largest Protestant denomination in the country, Dr. Land has represented Southern Baptist and other Evangelicals’ concerns in the halls of Congress, before U.S. Presidents, and in the media.

I wonder how much influence these Southern Baptists have compared to our posters?

But Romney won't win the Southern Baptists, hence he won't will the south. Ever read the Southern Baptists position on Mormonism?

He wouldn't:

Dr. Moore is the Dean of the School of Theology and Senior Vice-President for Academic Administration at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.

"Mormonism and Mammonism are contrary to the gospel of Jesus Christ. They offer another Lord Jesus than the One offered in the Scriptures and Christian tradition, and another way to approach him. An embrace of these tragic new vehicles for the old Gnostic heresy is unloving to our Mormon friends and secularist neighbors, and to the rest of the watching world. Any "revival" that is possible without the Lord Jesus Christ is a "revival" of a different kind of spirit than the Spirit of Christ (1 Jn. 4:1-3)"

Neither would he:

Dr. R. Albert Mohler Jr., serves as president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary - the flagship school of the Southern Baptist Convention and one of the largest seminaries in the world

Twitter

This one will ...and he knows this voting base very well and has talked to them...

My suggestion to Obama's supporters is not to count your chicken's before they are hatched. :eusa_whistle:

Snip...

"Based on what he has heard during his travels, DeMoss commented, 'I think more people, more evangelicals will get past [Romney's faith] in this election cycle than in the last election cycle.' Romney's popularity will likely grow since the top contender, Mike Huckabee, announced that he will not join the race for the presidency."

Southern Baptist backing Mitt Romney | Deseret News

I imagine the democrat party dirty tricks squad will be hard at work for the next year and a half trying to split the republican party. I hate to disappoint the lefties but the Tea Party has a lot of goals and I don't think "stopping Romney" is at the top of the list.

The Tea Party is 25% of the population. Their vote would come out of Romneys hide

I'm not talking about the Tea Party, per se. I'm positing that Romney's nomination would spark a libertarian break from the Tea Party Republicans - and that such a thing would be a golden opportunity to build a coalition between progressives and libertarians on their common interests. Sure, it would likely give the Democrats the win in the short term, but I couldn't care less. Obama/Democrats - Romney/Republicans, whatever. Same shit, different term. I'm 'hoping' for some real change.

He wouldn't:

Neither would he:

Twitter

This one will ...and he knows this voting base very well and has talked to them...

My suggestion to Obama's supporters is not to count your chicken's before they are hatched. :eusa_whistle:

Snip...

"Based on what he has heard during his travels, DeMoss commented, 'I think more people, more evangelicals will get past [Romney's faith] in this election cycle than in the last election cycle.' Romney's popularity will likely grow since the top contender, Mike Huckabee, announced that he will not join the race for the presidency."

Southern Baptist backing Mitt Romney | Deseret News

Mormon, Romneycare and believes humans cause global warming. Yep, that sounds like the 2012 republican presidential nominee.

.................Mormon, Romneycare and believes humans cause global warming. Yep, that sounds like the 2012 republican presidential nominee.

OK sure if Romney gets selected he will continue and expand the wars, raise taxes, expand the american gulag and advance gay rights.................BUT he will do it as a repug which makes it all OK.

BTW, I don't dislike Mitt because he is a Mormon. I dislike him because he is such a piss poor excuse for a mormon.

If Ron Paul runs for the Libertarians, Mitt loses. If Bachmann or Palin runs for the tea baggers, Mitt loses. Simple as that. Neither of those candidates will take 2% of the votes away from Obama.

If Mitt gets the nomination and choses a Tea Bagger as VP, I will be shocked. But I am not sure it will be enough to bring the Baggers over to his side.

Forum List

Back