Tea Party Queen Gov Nikki Haley gives her staff raises; 1 wk after cutting employees

Ah, you stepped right in my point (dont worry, the shoe will wash off).

SC's economy is doing quite well!! The state gave huge tax deals to massive companies like Boeing, Amazon, BMW, etc, and they are bringing a lot of business here....to our low tax, non union state.

But the TP'ers have preached that if we cut taxes and grow business....then government revnues will GO UP!!!! THus, enabling the state/city to take care of it's workers.

Well, SC govt workers (teachers, cops, firemen) are all non-union and already among the lower paid of the 50 states in their field. SC's economy is doing great, revenues are UP!!!!

Yet, the Tea Party Queen is cutting pay/benefits for them anyway.

Its outright ideology that she is cutting teacher, police, fire pay/benefits. Not necessity. Same goes for most of the states primary cities, such as Charleston, Greenville, North Charleston, Columbia, Mount Pleasant.

Revenues are up. Businesses are blossoming. And the govt is cutting their already undercompensated employees anyway.

Oh poor, poor Progressive. Your economic theories only result in poverty and failure and you can only be the pooh flinging monkey.

Here's a thought: get some economic idea that don't suck and fail 100% of the time, then we'll talk.

OK?

Wow, once again, jumping to conclusions. You make a fine Tea Party mascot I'm sure.

My economic theory wouldn't include massive welfare. Or massive food stamp programs. Or recreation departments, or funding arts and culture centers. Or many of the other massive govt spending projects the right wing hates.

Nope. Mine would be fairly basic. But it would NOT include fucking over cops, firemen and teachers.

And the Tea Party's current theory does just that.

Which is why I'm voting Democrat.

It's quite simple.

We need to reform public employee pay and benefits. If that's the reason for your becoming an Obama Fluffer, it looks like you didn't really need a reason in the first place.

Gov. Haley's staff gets $27,000 worth of raises - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Tea Partynomics at their best. The Tea Party Queen of South Carolina Nikki Haley just let out a doozy. 1 week ago, she told SC's teachers, cops and firemen to fuck off after raising their insurance rates, DESPITE the state's elected body voting to fund the increase since they brought in enough revenue to do it, and that employees hadn't had raises in 5 years. Haley said no, that despite their not having cola raises in 5 years, they would indeed pay half their increased rate. Why, since the state had the money? "To send a message".

Well, this week, Gov Haley gave her staff big raises. Yep. Rather than send that money back to the "taxpayers" and send a message, she dished it out to her 4 closest political friends....her staff. But dont worry....she once had 9 staffers, and 5 were "not replaced" and left vacant.

Tea Partynomics: Get rid of half the staff, then dish out the cash to your remaining buddies.

And they wonder why the moderates are fleeing the GOP.

Im pretty sure the 4 that left were making more than a combined $27K, so overall the SC taxpayer is way ahead

Maybe. And it's also true that the SC legislatior HAD THE REVENUE to not increase premiums on employees, and in fact passed a budget that did not do that, AND did not raise on single tax. Great plan for all, right?

No, not for Gov Haley. She wanted to "send a message" and made the govt employees pay more anyway, despite the budget not calling for it, the state having the money to do it, and taxes needing NO increase as a result.

Just to send a message. And then turn around and give her closest supporters a raise.

Oh poor, poor Progressive. Your economic theories only result in poverty and failure and you can only be the pooh flinging monkey.

Here's a thought: get some economic idea that don't suck and fail 100% of the time, then we'll talk.

OK?

Wow, once again, jumping to conclusions. You make a fine Tea Party mascot I'm sure.

My economic theory wouldn't include massive welfare. Or massive food stamp programs. Or recreation departments, or funding arts and culture centers. Or many of the other massive govt spending projects the right wing hates.

Nope. Mine would be fairly basic. But it would NOT include fucking over cops, firemen and teachers.

And the Tea Party's current theory does just that.

Which is why I'm voting Democrat.

It's quite simple.

We need to reform public employee pay and benefits. If that's the reason for your becoming an Obama Fluffer, it looks like you didn't really need a reason in the first place.

SOME of them, yes. Like San Jose, CA. Or Trenton, NJ. Where overpay and huge union contracts are killing them.

SC isn't CA, or NJ, or Illinois. SC is non-union. Cops, firemen and teachers here are among the bottom 20% of pay for their jobs in the country.

SC business is booming. Revenue is way up. Taxes aren't being raised (not for employee pay anyway).

Yet, "to send a message", Haley and right wing mayors across the state are jumping on the TP bandwagon and fucking those folks over anyway. Cuz FoxNews says so right?

Gov. Haley's staff gets $27,000 worth of raises - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Tea Partynomics at their best. The Tea Party Queen of South Carolina Nikki Haley just let out a doozy. 1 week ago, she told SC's teachers, cops and firemen to fuck off after raising their insurance rates, DESPITE the state's elected body voting to fund the increase since they brought in enough revenue to do it, and that employees hadn't had raises in 5 years. Haley said no, that despite their not having cola raises in 5 years, they would indeed pay half their increased rate. Why, since the state had the money? "To send a message".

Well, this week, Gov Haley gave her staff big raises. Yep. Rather than send that money back to the "taxpayers" and send a message, she dished it out to her 4 closest political friends....her staff. But dont worry....she once had 9 staffers, and 5 were "not replaced" and left vacant.

Tea Partynomics: Get rid of half the staff, then dish out the cash to your remaining buddies.

Im pretty sure the 4 that left were making more than a combined $27K, so overall the SC taxpayer is way ahead

Maybe. And it's also true that the SC legislatior HAD THE REVENUE to not increase premiums on employees, and in fact passed a budget that did not do that, AND did not raise on single tax. Great plan for all, right?

No, not for Gov Haley. She wanted to "send a message" and made the govt employees pay more anyway, despite the budget not calling for it, the state having the money to do it, and taxes needing NO increase as a result.

Just to send a message. And then turn around and give her closest supporters a raise.

Since when does having the revenue make it open season on the public coffers? That's Marxist thinking

Also you look like a dupe by saving she gave her "Closest supporters" a raise, they work for her. One day, when you leave Mom's basement, you took will be working

teepots giving money to their buds is very far reaching. We even saw it in Puerto Rico when we were there. The peons are very pissed that the pot guv shut down many projects that would increase employment and economic growth and instead gave contracts to family and friends.

Just like here on the mainland.

I wanna know when Chris Christie is gonna nailed for it.

SC isn't CA, or NJ, or Illinois. SC is non-union. Cops, firemen and teachers here are among the bottom 20% of pay for their jobs in the country.

Our cost of living is also among the lowest in the country. Ever stop and think about that? One of the reasons I took the job here when it was offered to me. I have a much better standard of living here than I did in Boston.

Since when does having the revenue make it open season on the public coffers? That's Marxist thinking

Also you look like a dupe by saving she gave her "Closest supporters" a raise, they work for her. One day, when you leave Mom's basement, you took will be working

I did work. Worked 8 years for ATL PD, medically retired. Thats why I'm so passionate about support for cops....but also teachers, firemen, military. And again, I find it disgusting that you use the photo of a cop killed on-duty for your avatar in a fucking political forum. I get it, it's to send a political message (one I agree on, "Fast and Furious" is an outrage), but this aint the place for his photo IMO.

As for Haley, yes, her 4 closest supporters, I'd guess, are also her 4 closest staffers. So they deserve the public's money, but cops and teachers dont?

So tell me, you say just because the budget allows it DOES NOT mean the cops and teachers should get it.

Well, then, WHAT exactly is a fair pay/benefits for a cop or teacher? You're governor, tell me what it is.

Our cost of living is also among the lowest in the country. Ever stop and think about that? One of the reasons I took the job here when it was offered to me. I have a much better standard of living here than I did in Boston.

True, it is. Especially inland. The coast is more expensive, but even there it's lower than up north.

We have that luxury because we dont pay our cops, firemen, teachers shit. AND because of that, I believe we should avoid cutting what they do get at any reasonable cost. But our bitch Gov is taking money from them "to send a message". We have the money. They are already among the lowest paid. Taxes are low and not going up. So why do that to them? OH THATS RIGHT......."to send a message". TP Queen Haley has national ambitions. She wants that "to send a message" slogan on a campaign sign. Meanwhile........cops and teachers have a bit less cash in their wallet than they had before Haley.

So she cut government (foundation of the Tea Party), increased government wages (foundation of Dumbocrat Pary), and did this without raising taxes (foundation of the Tea Party). Seems to me she just did the impossible - made everybody happy. Well, unless you're a radical left-wing nut trying to spin the truth for a radical agenda.

I did work. Worked 8 years for ATL PD, medically retired.

Ah, government employee, just as I suspected. Medically retired, in other words, retired prematurely and living off of other people's labor. Gee, who'd a thunk it.

See Exhibit A folks^^^^^

Right wing morons can no longer rationally evaluate any "government employee" except to see them all under the same umbrella.

So...a US Navy SEAL, a City of Wasilla Park and Rec worker, an LAPD street cop, a City of Miami Cultural Affairs employee...........ALL JUST GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES.

Yes, evil, evil, evil government employees. Showing up, working 10 minutes, leaving, and getting 8 hours pay. Doing no work.

Thats the image the right wing has of govt employees. That level of stupidity can't be reasoned with.

(PS- "Dont Taze Me Bro"...that med retirement wasn't my choice. I got shot in the knee, and the rehab didnt go well, nor did the healing, and I couldn't pass the PT test to get back into the job. Otherwise I woulda happily done the whole 25 years. And the retirement check isn't enough...I work now to make ends meet, but not as a cop obviously. Prick.)

So she cut government (foundation of the Tea Party), increased government wages (foundation of Dumbocrat Pary), and did this without raising taxes (foundation of the Tea Party). Seems to me she just did the impossible - made everybody happy. Well, unless you're a radical left-wing nut trying to spin the truth for a radical agenda.

No. She increased pay only for her 4 closest staffers. She increased insurance rates on thousands of cops and teachers. The only people she made happy were those 4 folks......and of course the radical right wing who hate ALL GOVT employees not matter their importance or job title.

Any good, America loving Tea Partier would endorse someone who also labels all government employees under the umbrella of.....useless govt employees.

So you're whining that she saved the state money. Gotcha.

I voted for Haley and I'll vote for her again if I'm still living here.

No. Im whining because:

- She told teachers, cops, firemen that....even though the state HAS the money, and voted in favor of it, SHE will not allow them to avoid hikes in insurance rates, and she'll make them pay more "to send a message"
- While a week later, she tells her 4 closest political buddies they'll be getting big raises.

So...state money is good for her close buddies. Not good for cops and teachers.

See how that works? Thats called being a greedy, ideological bitch. And she's in the Governors House.

Next you'll be telling everyone the federal government pays state and local public employees.
You are whining. Stop right there. Everyone except whiners cannot stand whiners.

Good, the teachers, cops and firemen should fuck off. They're getting paid properly to do a job. If they don't like it then find jobs in the private sector like the rest of us.

Good, the teachers, cops and firemen should fuck off. They're getting paid properly to do a job. If they don't like it then find jobs in the private sector like the rest of us.

:clap2:

Thanks for your honesty. All Republicans should be honest and just say THAT, what they truly believe.

That precise attitude that has infected most of the GOP is why I'm now voting Democrat.

But you were honest. And nothing is better than that/

So you're whining that she saved the state money. Gotcha.

I voted for Haley and I'll vote for her again if I'm still living here.

No. Im whining because:

- She told teachers, cops, firemen that....even though the state HAS the money, and voted in favor of it, SHE will not allow them to avoid hikes in insurance rates, and she'll make them pay more "to send a message"
- While a week later, she tells her 4 closest political buddies they'll be getting big raises.

So...state money is good for her close buddies. Not good for cops and teachers.

See how that works? Thats called being a greedy, ideological bitch. And she's in the Governors House.

Next you'll be telling everyone the federal government pays state and local public employees.
You are whining. Stop right there. Everyone except whiners cannot stand whiners.

The Federal Govt does in fact send a lot of aid to state and local departments of police, fire and schools. Its not in salary, its mostly in equipment and training. But, with that cut, the cities and states have to either make it up, or just not fund it.

People who think the Feds dont aid local police, fire are ignorant morons.

See Exhibit A folks^^^^^

Right wing morons can no longer rationally evaluate any "government employee" except to see them all under the same umbrella.

So...a US Navy SEAL, a City of Wasilla Park and Rec worker, an LAPD street cop, a City of Miami Cultural Affairs employee...........ALL JUST GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES.

Yes, evil, evil, evil government employees. Showing up, working 10 minutes, leaving, and getting 8 hours pay. Doing no work.

Thats the image the right wing has of govt employees. That level of stupidity can't be reasoned with.

(PS- "Dont Taze Me Bro"...that med retirement wasn't my choice. I got shot in the knee, and the rehab didnt go well, nor did the healing, and I couldn't pass the PT test to get back into the job. Otherwise I woulda happily done the whole 25 years. And the retirement check isn't enough...I work now to make ends meet, but not as a cop obviously. Prick.)

Exhibit B folks, ^ ^ ^ the government lackey

I'm tired of listening to people like you piss and whine about cuts to teachers, police, and firemen. What the fuck makes you people a protected class of society that should be exempt from having to make the same sacrifices as the people paying for you?

You might want to take a look around. Public education in this country is a fucking joke. Education funding has tripled over the last 40 years, but the quality has gotten worse. We spend more money on public education per student in this country than any other nation in the world except Switzerland and yet we rank towards the bottom of all industrialized nations.

As for the police, perhaps if they were doing more actual police work and going after real criminals out there instead of just being revenue collectors for the city by sitting in speed traps all day, harassing people with DUI checkpoints, or chasing after those hardened seat belt violators we wouldn't need as many of them and could pay the ones that are there more for doing real work.

As for firemen, how much of the time are they actually fighting a fire? Nobody is knocking the danger of their job when that actually happens, but how often are they actually putting themselves in harm's way, 5% maybe 10% of their time on the job? When I lived in Boston every time I drove by the firehouse at the end of my street those guys were sitting outside doing nothing and they made a hell of a lot more money than I did at the time.

You whine about teachers in SC having to pay more for their benefits and I asked you how much are they paying now and you said you had no idea, so shut the fuck up. Maybe they weren't paying anything and now they have to pony up 5% for it. You don't know, so instead of coming on here and crying like a fucking three year old why don't you actually try and get some answers to your questions, assuming of course you actually want to know and just aren't trolling for attention. :eusa_boohoo:

Nobody is forcing these people to do those jobs, so if they don't like the compensation they are getting they can find other work. It's that simple.

Last edited:

I did work. Worked 8 years for ATL PD, medically retired. Thats why I'm so passionate about support for cops....but also teachers, firemen, military. And again, I find it disgusting that you use the photo of a cop killed on-duty for your avatar in a fucking political forum. I get it, it's to send a political message (one I agree on, "Fast and Furious" is an outrage), but this aint the place for his photo IMO.

As for Haley, yes, her 4 closest supporters, I'd guess, are also her 4 closest staffers. So they deserve the public's money, but cops and teachers dont?

So tell me, you say just because the budget allows it DOES NOT mean the cops and teachers should get it.

Well, then, WHAT exactly is a fair pay/benefits for a cop or teacher? You're governor, tell me what it is.

I don't care what you did for a living at one point, you've devolved into a fucking duped Marxist crybaby with am absurd sense of entitlement.

The teacher, police and firemen are not entitled to raid the state coffer just because there's money in them.

Public employees should pay their fair share of their benefits just like their private sector counterparts, in fact they should pay more because they get a state paid pension forever and their private sector people supporting them usually don't

Forum List

Back