Tea Party Persecution...Why?

It's not just the left...it's anyone who fears the status quo being attacked.

Big Government Cronies & Beneficiaries don't want the Gravy Hose to be shut off.

The Tea Party movement has been the first serious challenge to the current bloated, over reaching, intrusive, and authoritarian government that now exists only to feed and perpetuate itself for its own benefit. And it has become a giant sponge and magnet, drawing in and absorbing more and more of the people's resources to maintain and grow itself.

It was purely because the Tea Party WAS being effective in challenging this destructive pattern that government, aided and abetted by a surrogate media,. felt compelled to minimalize, decimate, ridicule demonize, and, if possible, destroy the Tea Party image and thereby the Tea Party movement.

Look how our leftist minions here buy into that and dutifully report the dishonest rhetoric about the Tea Party and thereby do their part to ensure that no reform movement will gain any serious traction.

So yes, as discussed in my Phony Scandals? thread, the government has targeted and illegally and dishonestly marginalized the Tea Party and has been doing so for some time now. And even when that was exposed, the people mostly just mutter, shake their heads, and then shrug it off. It is government after all. And the people are becoming complacent with that.

It is dangerous, people. And scary. We can lose everything precious this country was founded on, and too many of you are just willing to look the other way and allow it to happen. :(

Last edited:
The Tea Party is a tax revolt. There is one issue, taxes.

The Tea Party dot org website says otherwise.

15 Non-negotiable Core Beliefs

1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.
3. A strong military is essential.
4. Special interests must be eliminated.
5. Gun ownership is sacred.
6. Government must be downsized.
7. The national budget must be balanced.
8. Deficit spending must end.
9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.
10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.
11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.
12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.
13. Intrusive government must be stopped.
14. English as our core language is required.
15. Traditional family values are encouraged.

Hey dipwad, practically all of that directly relates to taxes!

If by practically all you mean roughly half (and I'm being generous at that).

You would think that a group that believe the government should follow the Constitution, reduce the national debt, lower taxes, reduce government waste and corruption and have fiscally responsible government..would be popular, instead their persecuted by the left and the left want-to-Be's....:dunno:

Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

–Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

The Tea Party is a tax revolt. There is one issue, taxes.

The Tea Party dot org website says otherwise.

15 Non-negotiable Core Beliefs

1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.
3. A strong military is essential.
4. Special interests must be eliminated.
5. Gun ownership is sacred.
6. Government must be downsized.
7. The national budget must be balanced.
8. Deficit spending must end.
9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.
10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.
11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.
12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.
13. Intrusive government must be stopped.
14. English as our core language is required.
15. Traditional family values are encouraged.

When the GOP hijacked the Tea Party, I made my exit. Teaparty.org does not represent the goals of the movement.

I can certainly respect that.

But again, as much as you and Foxfyre might agree politically, from where I'm sitting you each have your own, and somewhat different, view of what the movement is all about. I'm not picking sides or saying anyone is right or wrong, it's just one of the more interesting political topics to come along in some time. And one of the best ways I know to discuss anything meaningfully is to ask probing questions that challenge what I or anyone else believes that they "know".

You would think that a group that believe the government should follow the Constitution, reduce the national debt, lower taxes, reduce government waste and corruption and have fiscally responsible government..would be popular, instead their persecuted by the left and the left want-to-Be's....:dunno:

Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

Well the doctrine may not be fully accepted in America, but we have definitely arrived at a point of complacency that is allowing government unrestricted power that it is increasing day by day. And little that is good is likely to come from that. Government already pretty much controls the media, education, the work place, and healthcare. It won't be long before the people will have no real liberties left.

The Tea Party movement currently is pretty much the ONLY line of defense against that at this time. But the statists and government lovers among us are helping as much as they can to destroy the Tea Party movement.

Last edited:

But again, as much as you and Foxfyre might agree politically, from where I'm sitting you each have your own, and somewhat different, view of what the movement is all about. I'm not picking sides or saying anyone is right or wrong, it's just one of the more interesting political topics to come along in some time. And one of the best ways I know to discuss anything meaningfully is to ask probing questions that challenge what I or anyone else believes that they "know".

That makes sense.

Foxy is a Republican, I'm a Libertarian; there are bound to be some differences. And I have a strong bias, to me the definition of the Tea Party is the handful that I attended in 2007-08, protesting BUSH and McCain (and Schwarzenegger!) I know that they have changed to an extent, but the core principle of holding the line on new taxes, and demanding that spending be cut is what I see the Tea Party to be.

Obviously I don't want the Tea Party to tackle social issues, and see that as a path to defeat. I still believe that the majority of this nation supports lower taxes and reduced spending, and that it is through moving the Tea Party off of that core message that the democrats have been successful in defaming the movement.

This is the first I'm hearing about Tea Party rallies pre-dating Obama.

Is there any way to confirm this, for my own selfish edification?

That makes sense.

Foxy is a Republican, I'm a Libertarian; there are bound to be some differences. And I have a strong bias, to me the definition of the Tea Party is the handful that I attended in 2007-08, protesting BUSH and McCain (and Schwarzenegger!) I know that they have changed to an extent, but the core principle of holding the line on new taxes, and demanding that spending be cut is what I see the Tea Party to be.

Obviously I don't want the Tea Party to tackle social issues, and see that as a path to defeat. I still believe that the majority of this nation supports lower taxes and reduced spending, and that it is through moving the Tea Party off of that core message that the democrats have been successful in defaming the movement.

Gentle correction here. I am registered Republican ONLY because I have to be in order to be able to vote in primary elections here. But I am NOT a Republican at heart any more. Except for the Tea Party reformers we have been able to elect to Congress, the GOP has sold out to big government interests and to perpetuate their own power, prestige, influence, and personal fortunes as much as have the Democrats.

The only redeeming qualities the GOP has is that their core constituency is more fiscally responsible than are the Democrats and therefore the GOP, when it is in power, does far less damage overall than do the Democrats. But I have no illusions that the GOP isn't taking us over the cliff toward totalitarian government just as are the Democrats. The GOP just does it more slowly.

Last edited:

Well the doctrine may not be fully accepted in America, but we have definitely arrived at a point of complacency that is allowing government unrestricted power that it is increasing day by day. And little that is good is likely to come from that. Government already pretty much controls the media, education, the work place, and healthcare. It won't be long before the people will have no real liberties left.

The Tea Party movement currently is pretty much the ONLY line of defense against that at this time. But the statists and government lovers among us are helping as much as they can to destroy the Tea Party movement.

I don't want the TP people to defend my freedoms and liberty. They are incompetent and suckers to and for the real culprits that are taking away my freedoms and liberty. They are financed by the very people who are taking away my freedoms and liberty.
The founding fathers gave us the means to protect our freedoms and liberty. They gave us a constitution that includes our right to vote and elect our leaders. That is how we protect our freedoms and liberty.
Corporations have taken away your freedom and your liberty. Obscenely rich billionairs have taken away your freedoms and liberty. How you live and what you are allowed to have is determined by people you don't know and have no control over. If you open a business and it cuts into some corporations bottom line they will knock you out of business. Can you be a family farmer today? Only if you follow the rules set down by the corporations. Can you influence your legislature? Not if you are fighting for something big business doesn't like.
You silly people think Obama is taking away your right to determine what kind of health care you have. You lost that right long ago. Your healthcare has been controlled by faceless, nameless rich people sitting in offices counting the profits that they make from you.
No thanks TP, I don't want you to have anything to do with protecting my freedoms and liberty.
Just look at the stupid post about education. Completely ignores the facts that we have local school boards, privite schools, charter schools, religious schools and finaly, you can keep your kid at home and home school them. And if you think our kids get all their education from school, you may not have kids.

Last edited:
Yes there were some beginnings of Tea Party spirit growing during the Bush administration and I have no doubt that if McCain had been elected and continued down that unacceptable path, the Tea Party would have sprung up just as it did when Obama was elected.

What brought it to a head was the unconscionable TARP bill followed by totally irresponsible appropriations bills, threats of more government tax grabs, and an even more indefensible stimulus package after Obama was elected. The Tea Party began to organize in earnest early in 2009 and was goaded into heightened concern when the liberty and economy destroying Obamacare was forced down the people's throats.

Whoever said up there that McCain would have been worse than Obama, though, is simply spouting leftist rhetoric. McCain would NOT have made a good President in my opinion, but at least with McCain we would not have had those unconscionable appropriations bills, we would not have had the stimulus package, we would not have regulation deliberately intended to kill jobs, and we would not have Obamacare destroying what was left of our liberties now.

Last edited:

There is a far better choice

200px-Libertarian_Party.svg.png

This is the first I'm hearing about Tea Party rallies pre-dating Obama.

Is there any way to confirm this, for my own selfish edification?

"References to the Boston Tea Party were part of Tax Day protests held throughout the 1990s and earlier.[16][17][18][19]"

Tea Party movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Listening to MSM blowhards out there about what the TP is, or when it started, is the easiest way to be uninformed.

I don't want the TP people to defend my freedoms and liberty. They are incompetent and suckers to and for the real culprits that are taking away my freedoms and liberty. They are financed by the very people who are taking away my freedoms and liberty.
The founding fathers gave us the means to protect our freedoms and liberty. They gave us a constitution that includes our right to vote and elect our leaders. That is how we protect our freedoms and liberty.
Corporations have taken away your freedom and your liberty. Obscenely rich billionairs have taken away your freedoms and liberty. How you live and what you are allowed to have is determined by people you don't know and have no control over. If you open a business and it cuts into some corporations bottom line they will knock you out of business. Can you be a family farmer today? Only if you follow the rules set down by the corporations. Can you influence your legislature? Not if you are fighting for something big business doesn't like.
You silly people think Obama is taking away your right to determine what kind of health care you have. You lost that right long ago. Your healthcare has been controlled by faceless, nameless rich people sitting in offices counting the profits that they make from you.
No thanks TP, I don't want you to have anything to do with protecting my freedoms and liberty.
Just look at the stupid post about education. Completely ignores the facts that we have local school boards, privite schools, charter schools, religious schools and finaly, you can keep your kid at home and home school them. And if you think our kids get all their education from school, you may not have kids.

Who are you talking to? You say that like you think TP is a person or entity.

Sorry but the Libertarian Party might perhaps restore some liberties that we have lost, but it has developed its own forms of totalitarian emphasis that would take away other rights as it restored some. It has more redeeming features on its platform than bad ones though.

The Tea Party initiatives would return the ability to the states and local communities to form whatever sorts of societies they wished to have. Too many libertarians would deny those same states and communities the ability to form the societies they wished to have if the libertarians objected to those societies.

It is the difference between regulated freedom according to preconceived doctrines and true liberty to be who you wish to be and live your life as you choose to live it.

I don't want the TP people to defend my freedoms and liberty.

You don't want there to be any freedom or liberty.

They are incompetent and suckers to and for the real culprits that are taking away my freedoms and liberty. They are financed by the very people who are taking away my freedoms and liberty.

You support the authoritarian left, to rule with an iron fist and supposedly care for you as a dependent child.

And is that not EXACTLY the method the Tea Party has used? Electing representatives who promote Tea Party goals?

You mean like George Soros who put this pile of shit Obama in office?

Seriously, you are but a mindless sheep, spewing idiocy feed to you by the hate sites.

Corporations pass no laws. Corporations have no police force to compel you with guns to do anything. Corporations cannot take your bank accounts or assets.

Government can do all of these things - yet you think government is your loving daddy who cares for you.

Yes, this makes you a fool.

Again, you want to trade liberty for dependency. You are willing to support an authoritarian system that promises to care for your every need.

Such is the left.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have." - Dave Barry - (No, not Jefferson!)

The Libertarian Party is completely useless. Just a few examples.

1) Their focus on barn door issues. For example, their obsession fighting the National ID. Today everyone has one of 50 IDs that are all linked together. The National ID is a horse out the barn door.

2) Their obsession with appeasing the Democrats when Democrats call them Republicans. They go out of their way to stretch to find issues to sound like Democrats because the Democrats keep saying they are Republicans instead of realizing that Democrats do that because they are stupid and the next time a liberal disagrees with them again they just call them a Republican again. For example, Libertarians keep making it sound like they are on the side of Democrats in the middle east wars, when Libertarian solutions are nothing like Democratic ones.

3) Their Libertarian elitism is just like liberal elitism and they endlessly purge anyone who disagrees with them on any issue with endless litmus tests. For example, no one has done more for the party to bring them attention that Neil Boortz, but he is endlessly told he isn't one because of his views on the war on terror and many of them object to him even speaking at the convention.

4) Their refusal to back any solution that isn't "perfect." For example, the fair tax is so much more libertarian than the income tax, but they will let a solution 100 times worse remain because they want no taxes.

5) Their inability to focus on game changing issues. They're still called the pot and sex party. Granted again that's mostly because liberals are stupid, but they aren't doing anything to change it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back