Tea Party Crashing? Only 8% of Americans are Members...

I don't consider myself a member of the Tea Party despite having many similiar values. I doubt I am the only one.

The Tea Party has gone dry.

Once the talk of the nation and a well-supported positive force in politics, membership has dropped as has their approval rating, according to a new Rasmussen Reports poll.

In what universe has the TPM ever done anything ‘positive’?

The TPM has been only a source of divisive, partisan hate, misinformation, and ignorance.

There is no membership in the tea party. There is no organizational structure, nor is there a membership list. The tea "party" is issue driven.

Maybe that's way the Tea Party has been relegated to the "fringe extremist" classification.

Yep. All that crazy talk about lower taxes and limited govt makes them the extremists to the neo progressive communist folk. Comical.

This is appropriate.

" I am a conservative and a Republican. I have expressed support for the following people at one time or another:

Jim DeMint, Sarah Palin, Alan West, Joe Walsh, Christine O'Donnel, Glen Beck, Michelle Bachman

...........BUT.........don't call me a Tea Party member. I am NOT. A member of the Tea Party!!!!!!"

This is appropriate.

" I am a conservative and a Republican. I have expressed support for the following people at one time or another:

Jim DeMint, Sarah Palin, Alan West, Joe Walsh, Christine O'Donnel, Glen Beck, Michelle Bachman

...........BUT.........don't call me a Tea Party member. I am NOT. A member of the Tea Party!!!!!!"

No they are Republicans who have been around a lot longer than the name Tea Party I have supported Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, and Eric Cantor who are also considered Tea Party favorites. Now I am not a member of any of the Tea Party groups around the nation I have never attended any rallies or meetings by them never donated any money to them, So given this I don't consider myself a Tea Party member supporting some of the same people and goals of the Tea Party and being a member are very different things something it seems more than a few on the left can't differentiate between.

maybe their corporate $ dried up :dunno:

The so called "teaparty candidates" ran on the promise of jobs and then didn't even bother to vote on even one jobs bill.

The principles that drove citizens to them have been shown to be nothing more than advertising agency drivel bought and paid for by the Koch brothers.

People are seeing through the lies.

Remember when the Koch's bought pathetic Herman Cain?

It will be interesting to see which malleable and controllable clown they buy next.

This is appropriate.

No they are Republicans who have been around a lot longer than the name Tea Party I have supported Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, and Eric Cantor who are also considered Tea Party favorites. Now I am not a member of any of the Tea Party groups around the nation I have never attended any rallies or meetings by them never donated any money to them, So given this I don't consider myself a Tea Party member supporting some of the same people and goals of the Tea Party and being a member are very different things something it seems more than a few on the left can't differentiate between.

Nobody wants to be a Tea Party member these days. How the tide turns..

Any USMB nutters willing to admit that they are Tea Partiers?

This is appropriate.

I love when people prove my point for me.

Tea-Party-Medicare-sign.jpg

I love when people prove my point for me.

What point? That you don't want to be known as a Tea Partier........now?

There is no membership in the tea party. There is no organizational structure, nor is there a membership list. The tea "party" is issue driven.

Maybe that's way the Tea Party has been relegated to the "fringe extremist" classification.

using two words with the same meaning right after each other is kind of silly. We dont call them "ship boats".

Also, just saying that someone who disagrees with you is an extremist doesnt make it so, no matter how "hard solid" you try.

Fringe is a word which can be used as an adjective, as in fringe mentality, or as a noun, as in lunatic fringe. You can have a group of extremist and within that group, there could be a subset considered fringe, therefore, fringe extremists, if you want to split hairs, which it sounds like you want to do.
You certainly can have shipping boats as opposed to recreational boats such as sailing boats and you most certainly can have hard solids such as rocks and cement or you can have soft solids like gelatin and your brain.

Forum List

Back