Tea Party Crashing? Only 8% of Americans are Members...

Glensather

Gothic Vampires
Nov 10, 2012
World 1-1
The Tea Party has gone dry.

Once the talk of the nation and a well-supported positive force in politics, membership has dropped as has their approval rating, according to a new Rasmussen Reports poll.

Those numbers represent a considerable dive in support since the Tea Party's heyday in 2009, when a majority of voters rated it favorably.

A majority (56 percent) of voters agrees that the Tea Party movement has become less influential over the past year. Just 21 percent feel it has become more influential, although even more (23 percent) are not sure.

The survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted on January 3-4, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95 percent level of confidence.

SOURCE 1: Tea Party crashes, just 8 percent are members | WashingtonExaminer.com
SOURCE 2: Tea Party Hits Record Level Of Unpopularity In Public Opinion Poll
SOURCE 3: Rasmussen: Just 8% Now Claim Tea Party Membership
SOURCE 4: Just 8% Now Say They Are Tea Party Members - Rasmussen Reports™

So what does this mean exactly? I hold no love for the Tea Party but I don't think they need to disappear either. All opinions deserve a voice: just because they may be unpopular doesn't mean they're any less valuable.

There is no membership in the tea party. There is no organizational structure, nor is there a membership list. The tea "party" is issue driven.

There is no membership in the tea party. There is no organizational structure, nor is there a membership list. The tea "party" is issue driven.

Maybe that's way the Tea Party has been relegated to the "fringe extremist" classification.

Where did this concept eminate from..the idea that all Conservatives somehow are die-hard Tea Party Backers...most are not.:confused: More left wing propaganda.

Maybe that's way the Tea Party has been relegated to the "fringe extremist" classification.

using two words with the same meaning right after each other is kind of silly. We dont call them "ship boats".

Also, just saying that someone who disagrees with you is an extremist doesnt make it so, no matter how "hard solid" you try.

TROLL ALERT...look who is here now. Prepare for insults to EVERY reply. "Fire in the hole" Pre-school must have let out early!

Last edited:
Where did this concept eminate from..the idea that all Conservatives somehow are die-hard Tea Party Backers...most are not.:confused: More left wing propaganda.

I've never heard that all of conservatives are also TP backers. Hell, not even half. Some.

I've never heard that all of conservatives are also TP backers. Hell, not even half. Some.

Some of the left here likes to link every Republican, Conservative or fiscally responsible person to the Tae Party. Anything that they think diminishes a poster is fair game to them.

The Repub's "brand" is baaadly damaged as well

74391435.jpg

Once the talk of the nation and a well-supported positive force in politics, membership has dropped as has their approval rating, according to a new Rasmussen Reports poll.

Those numbers represent a considerable dive in support since the Tea Party's heyday in 2009, when a majority of voters rated it favorably.

A majority (56 percent) of voters agrees that the Tea Party movement has become less influential over the past year. Just 21 percent feel it has become more influential, although even more (23 percent) are not sure.

The survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted on January 3-4, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95 percent level of confidence.

SOURCE 1: Tea Party crashes, just 8 percent are members | WashingtonExaminer.com

So what does this mean exactly? I hold no love for the Tea Party but I don't think they need to disappear either. All opinions deserve a voice: just because they may be unpopular doesn't mean they're any less valuable.

It doesn't mean squat. There is no membership, there is no official "Tea Party" to belong to.

The tea party votes, which is why there is a tea party caucus in Congress. The Tea Party doesn't drag crowds to shit in the street.

Well with 75% of 310 million Americans over 18 that means 18 million Tea Party members
But more importantly 40% of Americans consider themselves Conservatives... 21% identify as liberals.

So it is very gratifying to know there are at least 18 million people that are principle driven rather then compromise for compromise sake!

It doesn't mean squat. There is no membership, there is no official "Tea Party" to belong to.

Fair enough, but it is an ideology of sorts, which means that 8% of Americans will vote according to that.

What's the percentage of Americans belonging to ACLU, ACT, People for the American way, or any other letbat political pressure organization?

ACLU: >500k
ACT: ...I have no idea. You'll have to specify because there's like a million ACTs.
PFAW: >300k

What's the point in making me look this up again?
(Also, fun fact, the ACLU supports Rush Limbaugh AND the free speech rights of WBC.)

Well with 75% of 310 million Americans over 18 that means 18 million Tea Party members
But more importantly 40% of Americans consider themselves Conservatives... 21% identify as liberals.

So it is very gratifying to know there are at least 18 million people that are principle driven rather then compromise for compromise sake!

So that's ~70% of Americans with a partisan stance (assuming that we split Conservatives and TP). While I doubt it, I like to think this means 30% of Americans are Moderate.

I admire adhering to principles, but this is a time when both sides need to compromise.

New Topics

Forum List

Back