Tea Party: Bring on the Government shutdown

Prediction: Government shutdown would go largely unnoticed by 99% of Americans. This is what has the left's panties in a bunch.

Exactly right.... the only ones belly aching are the libtard ObamaZombies.

The Dems had control of EVERYTHING and have'nt produced a budget since 2009. They didnt produce one in 2010 b/c it would not have been the OCTOBER SURPRISE, but the OCTOBER SHOCKER. The Dems would've lost in November even WORSE than they did.

Bottom line is.... this is Obama's fault. He was in control in 2009 & 2010, and he said "buck stops here" and he should just STFU and accept the facts.

really? that's interesting. so if you think the tea party are a bunch of fools, you're an 'obama-zombie'? really?

cause there's nothing in between, right?

ah well.. i suppose when you see the world in black and white, shades of grey become elusive.

Prediction: Government shutdown would go largely unnoticed by 99% of Americans. This is what has the left's panties in a bunch.

You sure about that? Military pay, small business loans, SS applications, etc...

I think its worth trying: Shut down the Federal Government for a year, and then have a general election to vote whether or not to open it back up.

HuffPost's Amanda Terkel reports:

Responding to reports that U.S. troops won't receive pay if the federal government shuts down, Rep. Russ Carnahan (D-Mo.) is going after his Republican colleagues for refusing to consider a stand-alone bill that would suspend congressional pay as well.

How low have we sunk? Our troops are fighting right now to protect American lives, and my Republican colleagues demand pay – even when our troops would go without?

A government shutdown would seriously endanger our fragile economic recovery, and I am ready to negotiate at any time to end this bickering and avert the coming crisis. Letting a shutdown happen would be asking our troops to keep fighting without pay. That’s wrong.

I urge my Republican colleagues to come back to the negotiating table. But if they decide it’s not in their political interests to continue negotiations, the least they can do is drop their demands for pay while our troops go without.

Obama: Government Shutdown Will Delay Pay To Troops

You sure about that? Military pay, small business loans, SS applications, etc...

I think its worth trying: Shut down the Federal Government for a year, and then have a general election to vote whether or not to open it back up.

good luck getting a flight.

or your tax refund.

or a letter.

or a federal park.

or museum.

or drive interstate....

or a passport.....

or a visa....

or a student loan for your kid....

Last edited:

or your tax refund.

or a letter.

or a federal park.

or museum.

or drive interstate....

or a passport.....

or a visa....

meh....yeah, the airlines would resolve the problem themselves in about a week.

or your tax refund.

or a letter.

or a federal park.

or museum.

or drive interstate....

or a passport.....

or a visa....

no air traffic controllers... no flights.

no TSA... no flights.

good luck wit dat. :thup:

or your tax refund.

or a letter.

or a federal park.

or museum.

or drive interstate....

or a passport.....

or a visa....

no TSA... no flights.

Meh...sorry, but like almost everything the government does, private industry does better: It's not an insurmountable problem to train a pilot to be an air traffic controller.

You, my dear, are probably too young to remember 1981.

The standard used to determine who remains working is whether an employee or agency is "necessary for safety of life or protection of property."

That means air traffic controllers would stay on the job and federal prisons would operate as usual. Food inspections and border surveillance would continue, as would inspections of nuclear power plants and radiation monitoring, prompted by the Japan nuclear crisis, according to a second administration official.

The federal school lunch program would continue.

Federal law enforcement agencies would be up and running, and many in the military would still be working. Those employees, however, wouldn't be paid for their work until a bill is passed.
Budget debate and shutdown: Contingency plan packs a mean punch - latimes.com

Sweet, with no government to represent the people, there will be no more individual rights. You re all the stupidest people I have ever met. Have fun supporting a fascist corptocrocy.

Sweet, with no government to represent the people, there will be no more individual rights. You re all the stupidest people I have ever met. Have fun supporting a fascist corptocrocy.

Don't worry little sheep, nothing will happen if the government partially shuts down for a few days.

Exactly right.... the only ones belly aching are the libtard ObamaZombies.

The Dems had control of EVERYTHING and have'nt produced a budget since 2009. They didnt produce one in 2010 b/c it would not have been the OCTOBER SURPRISE, but the OCTOBER SHOCKER. The Dems would've lost in November even WORSE than they did.

Bottom line is.... this is Obama's fault. He was in control in 2009 & 2010, and he said "buck stops here" and he should just STFU and accept the facts.

Bullshit.

I remember when the last one went down, and it sucks to have to go to your bill collectors and landlords and tell them that you're not gonna be able to pay rent or utilities for a while, as well as having to go to the Navy Relief Society to get an interest free loan so that you can feed your kids.

All the while, still having to show up for work, even though your staffing has been cut in half because the civilians are told to stay home.

Yeah......sure.......not many gonna notice, just those sitting in war zones, and after all, aren't they expendable?/sarcasm

I remember when the last one went down, and it sucks to have to go to your bill collectors and landlords and tell them that you're not gonna be able to pay rent or utilities for a while, as well as having to go to the Navy Relief Society to get an interest free loan so that you can feed your kids.

All the while, still having to show up for work, even though your staffing has been cut in half because the civilians are told to stay home.

Yeah......sure.......not many gonna notice, just those sitting in war zones, and after all, aren't they expendable?/sarcasm

The House passed a bill to keep the military funded during the shutdown. The Senate won't vote on it and Obama said he'd veto it. Now why would he do such a thing?

Budget talks yield no breakthrough; shutdown looming, Obama threatens veto of stopgap bill - The Washington Post

So you won't mind when your check quits coming?

Whatever it takes.
When are you going to stop cashing your government check?

Let's just put this bullshit issue to bed once and for all, shall we? WillyT paid in all her working life. She is entitled to get that back - that's why she paid in. There is nothing hypocritical taking back what you have put in. Nothing. The issue is those who take without having paid in.

So, knock off the petty bullshit and attack the right on real issues. Come on... you're smart enough to do that Ravi.

or your tax refund.

or a letter.

or a federal park.

or museum.

or drive interstate....

or a passport.....

or a visa....

no TSA... no flights.

Air traffic management is designated an 'essential service', that does not get shut. :eusa_whistle:

The House passed a bill to keep the military funded during the shutdown. The Senate won't vote on it and Obama said he'd veto it. Now why would he do such a thing?

Budget talks yield no breakthrough; shutdown looming, Obama threatens veto of stopgap bill - The Washington Post
Because the GOP decided to play politics with the soldiers fighting abroad and put in an ABORTION rider in the military funding bill to guarantee a shutdown and get suckers like you to blame the Dems.

What does abortion have to do with a military funding bill, and why aren't you pissed at the GOP for not sending a clean bill to fund the military?????
Curious minds what to know your rationalization!!!

Forum List

Back