Tea Party - America's Last, Best Hope

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by GStarz, Feb 18, 2011.

1. GStarz

GStarz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Since there are so many anti-tea party threads by ranting liberals under this classification, I figured I'd add some fairness and balance by being positive about the movement.

Huge, positive advances by the TEA PARTY:

1. Fiscal responsibility

2. Right to life

3. Grassroots organization and control, previously only engaged by the left. While ignored by the media and therefore rendered mostly invisible by horrible, corrupt leftist media controllers, on 9/12 a couple of years ago there were between one and two million tea party activists on the streets of DC in probably the biggest political rally DC has ever seen. While much of the nation never learned about this because of a general news blackout by the MSM, the tea partiers knew about each other and like-minded Americans. The right now understands that it has power, again, and can organize on a massive scale, and has put in place powerful and efficient mechanisms to do so, and this is entirely new and gigantically effective.

4. The tea party forced the GOP to lurch the right, while the GOP was previously being dragged to the left because the radical left has taken control of the democrat machine, moving the national political 'center' to the left. This action by the tea party has moved the political 'center" nationally back more to the right, substantially. To those of us on the right, this is a good thing.

5. Black and minority conservatives, otherwise stifled in their free speech by the white-controlled, entrenched GOP, previously run by guys with names like "Brad" and "Chip", now have a loud voice on the right side of politics, and the gigantic, not to mention ethically fair, positive here should be self-evident.

6. By moving as one in the tea party, conservatives managed the biggest congressional upset in 70 years, and there is no reason to believe that in the intervening two years, they won't do an even better job of it in 2012 - the watershed year Obama must show his citizenship records - finally - to several states or simply be omitted from the ballot. If he thinks he's popular enough to win in a write-in campaign as the sitting president just to accommodate his guilty-as-sin sense of paranoia, he's in for a very big shock. (to those who think birthers are a fringe who can effect no change, I cite the fact of the new laws themselves as manifest evidence that that notion is badly flawed)

Naturally, liberals will go crazy because of this thread. They'll try to shoot down the overall concept and the details, spin the minutia and make themselves feel as though their political wing isn't headed for the dust-heap of humanity after last November's elections. They'll post smarmy, dismissive, wiseguy hit-and-run remarks meant to marginalize this thread without addressing the facts. They'll replace intellectual honesty with attempts at being clever with a word, image or animated smiley face to try to beat substance with style. All that's fine. That's what liberals do. There isn't an intellectually honest one among them, because anyone who is intellectually honest eventually switches to the right (moi).

Have fun!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Now look at wisconson and face where the real grass roots are

3. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    I don't know if wisconsin is real grass roots - it's amazing but there are huge national interests inflaming it.

I am sometimes a liberal and I don't hate the tea party. I LOVE that they made the right call on the patriot act, and I LOVE that they would cut defense spending and etc.

Oh but they aren't the last great hope or whatever, they are being diluted out already and dragged into the machine themselves.

The problems are the corporatioons - that's who the government apparently serves - but all the civil unrest all over the place now maybe some of our populace will 'rise up' too! And demand fairness for our citizens, not just for our CEOs.

4. GStarz

GStarz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    A huge proportion of US corporations are run by hard-core leftist billionaires. Look at George Soros, ted turner, Oprah Winfrey, Speilberg, et all, all of whom are VERY politically active, fund leftist activist operations and who combined control the vast majority - around 90% - of all media.

The idea that corporations are a right wing devil is worse than mistaken. To most who know the truth, stating it is a lie. But I otherwise love your post. Very reasoned. Thank you.

PS; as far as the TP being dragged into the GOP machine, some intermingling of atoms is to be expected when two tidal forces collide. Conversely, there are those in the GOP who are being dragged into the tea party. Compromise is everywhere in nature. You can't escape it. but in the aggregate, the tea party is a fantastic thing!

5. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,868
    if the title is true....

we are fucked

6. GStarz

GStarz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    From my first thread-starting post; "They'll post smarmy, dismissive, wiseguy hit-and-run remarks meant to marginalize this thread without addressing the facts. "

Geez, it's tough being correct all the time!

7. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,281
    Given the events in Wisconsin, I doubt the Tea Party will be that viable in 2012.

8. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173

But they are all white :confused:

9. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    :clap2:

Its going to be a troll fest just because of the title.

:eek:
    Does that make me a troll ? *ghast*

10. The Joe

The Joe Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Are you Asian?

They're all right