tax unemployment benefits: a Reagan administration idea

"A faceless mass, waiting for handouts."
Ronald Reagan, 1965. (Reagan describing Medicaid recipients.)

"Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation for freeloaders."
California Governor Ronald Reagan, in the Sacramento Bee, April 28, 1966

"He demonstrated for all to see how far you can go in this life with a smile, a shoeshine and the nerve to put your own spin on the facts."
David Nyhan, Boston Globe columnist

Liberals seem to think all money belongs to the government and they only let us use it for a while. In the case of unemployment insurance the money really does belong to the government so they can get some of it back if they want to. Social security and pensions are taxed. There ain't a dime laying around that the government doesn't have it's greedy eye on.

Voting for Mittens or Oblama is not throwing away votes?
Nope. Not in the real world. Given choices. We are given choices. We do not get to individually select who the final choices will be, but if we are involved in local and party politics we do get a stronger voice.

If I were a Green backed I would tirelessly try and convince through argument, my fellow citizens to vote with me.

Having an argument or platform that no one backs is silly.

not really. The state I live in requires you to declare your party and vote only according to party line, which I am against. you should be able to vote for whatever party you want in the primaries.

Forum List

Back