Tax cuts vs Insurance subsidies

Well if there required to not carry over profits why cant they give there CEOs & investors more money, spent it redecorating there offices, buying jets for travel, "business meetings in Belize, all right offs before paying taxes. its what they do now???

If you want those things, simply own your own business. Free yourself from the restraints of being an employee and become an employer. Then you too can do the same thing.

I have been an independent contractor or owned my own company or companies for over 45 years. I have taken real estate courses in New Orleans, Orlando, Las Vegas, Chicago, Washington, DC a cruise and the list goes on. All tax deductions. I have taught courses in virtually every city in Florida, plus those in Illinois, California, Alaska and many other locations. All of which I was paid a handsome speakers fee plus all my expenses were paid. I paid my own expenses for extra days or weeks. I was never successful enough to buy my own jet but I did take a course in Hawaii and, while there vacationed in Belize.

Other times, I have gone months without a paycheck, reached into my own pocket, savings and investments to pay employees, in fact, I borrowed money and took out a mortgage on my house to make ends meet. Bet you don't want that for the employees or yourself.

I'm hearing some mixed messages from the Trumpanomics narrative.... Last week there was an executive order cutting subsidies to insurance companies and in the next breath there is a tax cut proposal to the top earners. The logic for the tax cuts are it will provide the "job creators" with more money to expand their businesses, hire more employees, and boost wages. Why is the same not true for insurance companies? Why are the subsidies not effective, in the same way, to lower premiums?

As you know, the two are totally separate issues.

You also neglected to mention that the subsidies to insurance companies are unconstitutional. Why is that?
I’m talking about basic economic principles, don’t inject a narrative into my OP that simply doesn’t exist. Now care to address the question?

Oh, you mean unconstitutional like disaster relief.

Proving you have no clue what you are talking about.

Petulant former President Barack Hussein knew this was illegal, he even said so himself. You simply saw fit to ignore the FACTS.

None of the money being used for these subsidies has ever been allocated by Congress. If you go back and look, you'll see that it is the House of Representatives holds the purse strings for our country and there has never been a dime, much less the billions of dollars paid to insurance companies thus far.

I'll wager you didn't see that on MediaMatters, DailyKOS or The Nation.

It’s About Time Trump Ended Obamacare’s Illegal Insurance Company Subsidies
The president's termination of illegal Obamacare subsidies is a win for those who genuinely care about the most basic workings of the Constitution.
OCTOBER 13, 2017 By David Harsanyi

A day after signing an executive order that offered a small break for consumers, we learned that the White House also plans on stopping the unconstitutional subsidy payments of Obamacare. You will now hear Democrats accusing the president of “sabotaging” the Affordable Care Act (ACA), when in reality, nothing has ever been quite as damaging to Obamacare as Obamacare itself. And the same people who lament the breaking of norms, the end of the constitutional democracy, and all the presidents tweets will now hypocritically demand that these unconstitutional payments continue.

It's About Time Trump Ended Obamacare's Illegal Subsidies

End to Health Care Subsidies Puts Congress in a Tight Spot

Judge strikes down Obama health law insurance subsidy in victory for House GOP

More?

Bullshit. The offshore money will not result in pay raises to employees. That money will be paid out to shareholders as dividends.

Corporations are already awash in cash leading to all of the mergers and acquisitions which are ongoing. More cash will lead to more corporate consolidation and job cuts, not growth or pay raises.

How is it any of your business what a business does with THEIR money if they chose to move the money they EARNED overseas to our country?

If you're awash in cash, what business is it of mine and what right do I have to tell you how to spend that money?

Employees merit pay raises when they increase their value to the employer, not because the company has more money. If that's the way it works, then I'm sure you'll agree that when the market is slower, on in a recession, the employer can simply cut the employees wages and hours in order to make ends meet and the worker is happy to help out! Right?

Do you understand that there are two entirely different personalities between a business owner and an employee?

Employees merit pay raises when they increase their value to the employer, not because the company has more money.

Question. If an employee generates $100,000 in profit for a corporation paying a corporate tax rate of 39.1% resulting in $60,900 in after tax profit does his value not go up when the tax rate is cut to 20.0% resulting in $80,000 in after tax profit from his labor?

Not at all. Unless the employee is a shareholder or has a profit-sharing plan. The money will be used to expand the business, pay dividends to shareholders or pay the owner a profit.

It is NOT the governments or your money.

Oh, you mean unconstitutional like disaster relief.

Proving you have no clue what you are talking about.

Petulant former President Barack Hussein knew this was illegal, he even said so himself. You simply saw fit to ignore the FACTS.

None of the money being used for these subsidies has ever been allocated by Congress. If you go back and look, you'll see that it is the House of Representatives holds the purse strings for our country and there has never been a dime, much less the billions of dollars paid to insurance companies thus far.

I'll wager you didn't see that on MediaMatters, DailyKOS or The Nation.

It’s About Time Trump Ended Obamacare’s Illegal Insurance Company Subsidies
The president's termination of illegal Obamacare subsidies is a win for those who genuinely care about the most basic workings of the Constitution.
OCTOBER 13, 2017 By David Harsanyi

A day after signing an executive order that offered a small break for consumers, we learned that the White House also plans on stopping the unconstitutional subsidy payments of Obamacare. You will now hear Democrats accusing the president of “sabotaging” the Affordable Care Act (ACA), when in reality, nothing has ever been quite as damaging to Obamacare as Obamacare itself. And the same people who lament the breaking of norms, the end of the constitutional democracy, and all the presidents tweets will now hypocritically demand that these unconstitutional payments continue.

It's About Time Trump Ended Obamacare's Illegal Subsidies

End to Health Care Subsidies Puts Congress in a Tight Spot

Judge strikes down Obama health law insurance subsidy in victory for House GOP

More?

Your argument that the Obamacare subsidies are unconstitutional hinges on the fact that Congress never specifically allocated the funds. Often times disaster relief comes from FEMA's disaster relief fund which does not "specifically allocate" those funds much like the Obama care subsidies are not "specifically allocated". So evidently you don't know what you are talking about. If disaster relief is constitutional how come the Obamacare subsidies are not?

Bullshit. The offshore money will not result in pay raises to employees. That money will be paid out to shareholders as dividends.

Corporations are already awash in cash leading to all of the mergers and acquisitions which are ongoing. More cash will lead to more corporate consolidation and job cuts, not growth or pay raises.

How is it any of your business what a business does with THEIR money if they chose to move the money they EARNED overseas to our country?

If you're awash in cash, what business is it of mine and what right do I have to tell you how to spend that money?

Employees merit pay raises when they increase their value to the employer, not because the company has more money. If that's the way it works, then I'm sure you'll agree that when the market is slower, on in a recession, the employer can simply cut the employees wages and hours in order to make ends meet and the worker is happy to help out! Right?

Do you understand that there are two entirely different personalities between a business owner and an employee?

Employees merit pay raises when they increase their value to the employer, not because the company has more money.

Question. If an employee generates $100,000 in profit for a corporation paying a corporate tax rate of 39.1% resulting in $60,900 in after tax profit does his value not go up when the tax rate is cut to 20.0% resulting in $80,000 in after tax profit from his labor?

Not at all. Unless the employee is a shareholder or has a profit-sharing plan. The money will be used to expand the business, pay dividends to shareholders or pay the owner a profit.

It is NOT the governments or your money.

Bullshit. Tell me, if a corporation gets a tax cut just what did the corporation DO to "earn" that money and why does the value of the worker not go up? On a more personal basis, if your employee generates more income for you due to a government tax cut why does his value to you not go up and why do you deserve that extra money instead of him?

Forum List

Back