Tax cuts vs Insurance subsidies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Slade3200, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,448
    I'm hearing some mixed messages from the Trumpanomics narrative.... Last week there was an executive order cutting subsidies to insurance companies and in the next breath there is a tax cut proposal to the top earners. The logic for the tax cuts are it will provide the "job creators" with more money to expand their businesses, hire more employees, and boost wages. Why is the same not true for insurance companies? Why are the subsidies not effective, in the same way, to lower premiums?

2. andaronjim

andaronjim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,994
    Corporate money is stored over seas, because it is too expensive to bring it back to the US, lower the corporate tax and that money returns to be used for expansion and pay raises for the employees/

Subsidies for insurance companies is the government paying the insurance companies, "Corporate Welfare" as the money goes to the insurance companies that the CEO's can then get UBER pay raises and little if none goes to the people.
    Are you for corporate welfare? Or do you want money back in the US to be given fairly to the employees?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,448
    I'm just curious if the same economic principles apply. Lets put aside the source of the capital for a minute. Would it be fair to say that the insurance subsidies drive premiums down and allow for more people to be insured? Taking them away will drive prices up and reduced the amount of insured?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Norman

Norman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,024
    The logic of the tax cuts are, the people earned the money honestly so it's none of your business. Make America great again!

Also, logic tells us that taxation is theft, less theft is always good, even if far left drones love coercion.

5. Kosh

Kosh Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,754
    Well tis will not just be a tax cut it will be a tax overhaul. Something the far left can not comprehend. They will still run the debunked far left narratives that it will only benefit the rich.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. andaronjim

andaronjim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,994
    NO, because just like with Obama taking over the college tuition and having the government pay the costs always go up, because the government allows it. When the market is free and the people have a choice with THEIR OWN money, soon costs go down to compete for that money, always has, always will.
    https://www.usnews.com/opinion/arti...government-is-to-blame-for-high-college-costs

7. The Original Tree

The Original Tree Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,291
    So the highest taxed country in the world, is giving people a tax cut, and you are somehow concerned about this?

You apparently are even more concerned about Wealthy Insurance Companies losing a bit of their Corporate Welfare?

Contradict yourself much?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. sartre play

sartre play Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Kosh, explain to me why" insurance co will use the money to give them self's raises & none to the people" yet you think that the corporations wont do the same thing? give raises to there CEOs not use the money for expansion or raises for any but top employees??
    why would corps be more inclined to do the right thing? when have they ever? more machines less people, more jobs out of country for cheap labor, less pay raises. with many company's making record profits they have done none of the above, in fact many are cutting jobs & going into the money market business . Remember business is to make money for the few. goverment's business is suppose to make life better for all.

9. andaronjim

andaronjim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,994
    IF it is the companie's money they are required to not carry over those profits as they have to pay taxes on that money, so give it to share holders or employees as an expense. Money given by the government isn't taxed so they can use it to pad their wealthy pockets and not pay anything for it. I know it is hard for you liberal to understand because you are spoon fed the liberal propaganda that the government is the answer. WRONG!!!!

10. andaronjim

andaronjim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,994
    Business is to make money for the one(the guy who opened the business) and if anyone can be associated with that business is along for the ride. I am my own business owner, when I start to expand, other people will be allowed to be employed into MY business and they can participate in the profits. Why are you so stupid not to understand this? Liberals are victims of themselves...