Tawana Brawley the 1987 Rape LIAR finally starts paying what she owes.

There's another person who should "pay up": Al Sharpton.

His appalling Race Baiting and promotion of Tawana caused enormous damage, and yet he has profited handsomely from it over past 25 years.

There was a judgement against Sharpton and he has paid it in full.

With donations from supporters that STILL think Brawley was raped.

I was merely responding to the claim that Sharpton needed to pay up.

Which he has.

If you want to blame someone, blame NY state for not charging him with criminal fraud, which they should have.

It is equally disgusting that MSNBC has given the man a platform or allowed him to worm his way back into polite society.

No...but it would be fitting for Brawley. Her exact words: "False accusations of rape should be punished with crucifixion." She considers what Brawley did on the same level as a child molester or a serial killer.

Didn't think so. Perhaps she should try it before she goes around wishing it on other people?

What Brawley did was about as despicable and loathsome as it gets, it ruined a man's life for a time, it set back race relations, it made one particular race baiter famous, and it effected women nation wide. Still, knowing more than one victim of rape, I would wish it on no one. It is a violent, vicious crime than takes years, years, from which to recover, if ever.

Prison would have served her well, the fine is good, though I doubt it will ever be paid in full.

But rape as a punishment? No. You can keep it... And anyone who suggests such a thing.

Some people deserve it. To her, Brawley tops the list.

My wife has said several times that justice would be her actually BEING raped.

That's gruesome. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. She was really young when this all happened and she did some really stupid things as kids do. Nonetheless, she should pay for the rest of her life for ruining the lives of those men and even more so for avoiding her responsibility for so long. Yeah, fuck her....but not literally.

You have a great deal of misplaced compassion for a despicable turd like Brawley.

Years after she was order to pay, and thanks to The Post who found her working under a false name, her pay checks are finally being garnished.

It's about time.

?87 rape hoaxer Tawana Brawley begins paying defamation damages 25 years later - NYPOST.com

Twenty-five years after accusing an innocent man of rape, Tawana Brawley is finally paying for her lies.

Last week, 10 checks totaling $3,764.61 were delivered to ex-prosecutor Steven Pagones — the first payments Brawley has made since a court determined in 1998 that she defamed him with her vicious hoax.

A Virginia court this year ordered the money garnisheed from six months of Brawley’s wages as a nurse there.

She still owes Pagones $431,000 in damages. And she remains defiantly unapologetic.

“It’s a long time coming,” said Pagones, 52, who to this day is more interested in extracting a confession from Brawley than cash.

“Every week, she’ll think of me,” he told The Post. “And every week, she can think about how she has a way out — she can simply tell the truth.”

Brawley’s advisers in the infamous race-baiting case — the Rev. Al Sharpton, and attorneys C. Vernon Mason and Alton Maddox — have already paid, or are paying, their defamation debt. But Brawley, 41, had eluded punishment.

She’s now forced to pay Pagones $627 each month, possibly for the rest of her life. Under Virginia law, she can appeal the wage garnishment every six months.

“Finally, she’s paying something,” said Pagones’ attorney, Gary Bolnick. “Symbolically, I think it’s very important — you can’t just do this stuff without consequences.”

Pagones filed for the garnishment with the circuit court in Surry County, Va., in January, a few weeks after The Post tracked down Brawley to tiny Hopewell, Va.

Before The Post came knocking, not even her own co-workers knew she was the teen behind the spectacular 1987 case.

“I don’t want to talk to anyone about that,” Brawley growled after a Post reporter confronted her about her sordid past in December.

Employing aliases including Tawana Thompson and Tawana Gutierrez, she leads a relatively normal life by all appearances, residing in a neat brick apartment complex and working as a licensed practical nurse at The Laurels of Bon Air in Richmond.

She should be sentenced to serve a jail sentence equal to the maximum time Pagones could have been sentenced to if he had been convicted.

"Reverand" Al Sharpton should have also been sentenced that way. He should be forced to voice an admittance to the lies he told every time he opens his mouth in public

I pretty much agree except that she was a 15 year old kid when all this happened. Ever think she was coerced into this by someone? Maybe her parents? Honestly, I have no clue as to the truth, but it should make you think. Did she really come up with the idea all on her own?

Doubtfull. There is so much injustice in this world. There really is.

No...but it would be fitting for Brawley. Her exact words: "False accusations of rape should be punished with crucifixion." She considers what Brawley did on the same level as a child molester or a serial killer.

Didn't think so. Perhaps she should try it before she goes around wishing it on other people?

What Brawley did was about as despicable and loathsome as it gets, it ruined a man's life for a time, it set back race relations, it made one particular race baiter famous, and it effected women nation wide. Still, knowing more than one victim of rape, I would wish it on no one. It is a violent, vicious crime than takes years, years, from which to recover, if ever.

Prison would have served her well, the fine is good, though I doubt it will ever be paid in full.

But rape as a punishment? No. You can keep it... And anyone who suggests such a thing.

[MENTION=39447]Jarlaxle[/MENTION]
Some "people" deserves to be raped?

DESERVES TO BE RAPED? She allowed herself to be put in a postition that spirelled (sp) out of reality and should pay, but SHE DESERVES to be raped.

Sir, No woman deserves to be raped. Even these "people". Come on. Wishing rape on someone kind of makes you as low as this woman, no?

My wife has felt this way as long as she can remember: anyone making a false accusation of rape deserves to be raped.

Wishing rape on someone makes you as bad as a someone thinking about raping.

Fucking savage.

But of course, that is just my opinion [MENTION=39447]Jarlaxle[/MENTION]

No one deserves it.

I pretty much agree except that she was a 15 year old kid when all this happened. Ever think she was coerced into this by someone? Maybe her parents? Honestly, I have no clue as to the truth, but it should make you think. Did she really come up with the idea all on her own?

probably, not. I think she was used.

It seems Sharpton and the others went all in because they wanted to get the big headlines
to advance their careers.

I don't think they cared if there was any truth in the allegation.

[MENTION=39447]Jarlaxle[/MENTION]...seriously, you may want to rethink that whole...wishing rape on a woman. That us just wrong dude.

Forum List

Back