Tank vs tank?

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
I know Ukraine has M1 Abrams tanks and Russia is using the T-14 armata. The Abrams is battle proven but has never fought a worthy opponent until now. The T-14 is in the same class. So are there reports of tank vs combat in Ukraine? Have the two gone head to head yet?

I know Ukraine has M1 Abrams tanks and Russia is using the T-14 armata. The Abrams is battle proven but has never fought a worthy opponent until now. The T-14 is in the same class. So are there reports of tank vs combat in Ukraine? Have the two gone head to head yet?
America's best possible tactical approach is to keep the war rhetoric on terms of it being a war between Ukraine and Putin. Not a war between Russia and America.

Armata is garbage designed for A1. Guess what A we are on now. Imagine what the US would have done to those vehicle columns...

I have no interest in your armchair tank war. My comment stands as your best advice. You've been carefully schooled to speak of it as a war by the Ukraine against Putin.

The best tactical approach is to deny that Ukrainians have any weapons greater than a kitchen knife.
No point in denying the truth.

Have not seen a report on it in Ukraine, but T-14 is longer and taller, providing larger silhouette, it is lighter and has less armor than M1. It is faster, but is not being deployed in a way to take advantage. In fact the Russian tank tactics being used are just the worst possible, taking away any advantage at all.

Have not seen a report on it in Ukraine, but T-14 is longer and taller, providing larger silhouette, it is lighter and has less armor than M1. It is faster, but is not being deployed in a way to take advantage. In fact the Russian tank tactics being used are just the worst possible, taking away any advantage at all.
Are they still using the steamroller tactic? Attack everywhere until you find a weakness and breakthrough.

But then you can have the best equipment in the world and it will not help you if you do not know how to use it. i have no way pof knowing how well trained the Ukrainian crews are with the Abrams.

The Abrams deal was talked about, but to my knowledge the xiden admin slow rolled it, so I don't believe that Ukraine has any.

They do have the T-80 which is an updated T-64 which is a far better tank than the T-72 that mainly equips Russia

Are they still using the steamroller tactic? Attack everywhere until you find a weakness and breakthrough.
Russian tank tactics and tactics in general have always depended on mass over maneuver. They do not exactly think well on their feet at any level, tactically. They present quite a flank shot (most penetrable) shooting gallery with tanks moving straight line down hardstand roads, no flank guard even in turret orientation or air guard, not taking advantage of terrain or maneuver to mask numbers or combat center on the attack. Their lack of tactical employment is a total waste of decent equipment and crews. May they rest in peace.

Russian tank tactics and tactics in general have always depended on mass over maneuver. They do not exactly think well on their feet at any level, tactically. They present quite a flank shot (most penetrable) shooting gallery with tanks moving straight line down hardstand roads, no flank guard even in turret orientation or air guard, not taking advantage of terrain or maneuver to mask numbers or combat center on the attack. Their lack of tactical employment is a total waste of decent equipment and crews. May they rest in peace.
I posted before on how 150 Israeli tanks defeated 1200 Syrian tanks on the Golan in 1973. The Syrians were using Soviet steamroller tactics which did not work. Not in the mountains.

I believe the Russians have less than a campany of Armatas, so I doubt any of them will be risked in combat where they could be captured. The last thing Russia wants is for the Armata to be exposed as a paper tiger like the T72/T80/T90s are.

But then you can have the best equipment in the world and it will not help you if you do not know how to use it. i have no way pof knowing how well trained the Ukrainian crews are with the Abrams.
Interesting - So are you Russian ??

You wonder how well trained the Ukranian crew's are with the Abrams eh ?? You sound like you are hoping for some counter tactical information.. Hmmmm.

Ukraine has never had any Abrams and doesn't have them now. Russia's Armata is a raw material that is only used on parades.

The Soviet-style hardware is the main equipment in the war.

Forum List

Back