Taiwan President Shot, Not in Critical Condition

Lefty Wilbury

Nov 4, 2003
http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/392111|top|03-19-2004::02:09|reuters.html

Taiwan President Shot, Not in Critical Condition

Mar 19, 2:02 AM (ET)

TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwan President Chen Shui-bian was shot while campaigning Friday, a day before a presidential election, but was not in critical condition, his spokesman told Reuters.

He had been rushed to hospital in the southern city of Tainan, officials said. Vice President Annette Lu was also wounded, but her condition was not yet known.

"It was a gunshot but he is not in critical condition," James Huang, presidential spokesman, told Reuters.

Chen is already making a fool out of himself in public. No harm done trying to get rid of him, the hen-pecked President of all men.

How I resent their national athemn.

Hey he won, by a large margin. the referendum didn't pass however. Oh well we'll just have to wait another 4 years for WW3

Originally posted by kcmcdonald
Hey he won, by a large margin. the referendum didn't pass however. Oh well we'll just have to wait another 4 years for WW3

Chen's opposition is alleging that 300k votes were "spoiled," and that the elections were affected in Chen's favor by the attempted assassination.:rolleyes: What class.

hellow,I am a Taiwanese and as you konw we just held a ridiculous election and now KMT president candidates file a suit against the validity of this election and request the recount as soon as possible.However, the present president wants to hinder the judicial process through illegal way,so I hope you guys can give me some advise because we want to avoid the circumstances that might lead Taiwan to riot or racial division throgh international concern.And unfortunately,I have no idea about this.Therefore, if possible, please tell me what we can do and how we should do. Thanks a lot.

there is not much you can do. Sit back and wait for the results. If it's not what you like you'll have to wait another X years. That's the beaauty of Democracy. You only have to live through the cycle. Then vote the guy out. Otherwise i would hope that Tiawan(sp?) would now that the absoulute worst thing you guys could do would be to riot and cause trouble. Because i'm sure China would use that as an excuse for intervention and Bye Bye taiwanies freedom you now belong to china and since this is an election year in the states i don't think Pres Bush would really want to start WW3, just yet.

Anyway welcome to the board, it's nice to have new people and new ideas

Forum List

Back