Syria,Iraq, and ISIS

Fm. Gen Wes Clarke just made good point on the news. "Where are the Saudis ?" They are directly threatened by the crisis in the region. Didn't we give them F-18's?
Except for the fact that America has an defense agreement pact with them.....I'm sure they expect us to protect them

Fm. Gen Wes Clarke just made good point on the news. "Where are the Saudis ?" They are directly threatened by the crisis in the region. Didn't we give them F-18's?
Except for the fact that America has an defense agreement pact with them.....I'm sure they expect us to protect them
As as a result we should put pressure on them to strike at ISIS. Have to convince Iraq to let them use their air space, but it would send a message of Arab unity against ISIS. Unless powerful Saudi's are backing ISIS with $$$$$$.

I don't think the US cares who comes out on top as long as we can maintian some influence over the winner and protect Israel at the same time.

The US should care.

Iran has the bomb.
Then wouldn't it be foolish to give them so much territory and oil to boot .

Don't forget that sooner or later Iran will be forced to dispach its military and air force to get seriously involved, which with any doubt would be more than a match for ISIS and swiftly reclaim lost territory.

There is no doubt the Iranian military is already advising the Iraqi army with strategy and intelligence and the terrorist group Hezbollah is actively fighting and suffering losses in its battle against ISIS.

Oil supplies are not a concern for the world as evidenced in the price of oil worldwide.

If the Iranian block can't contain ISIS, then is the time to step in with deadly force, however, at the present time let's not do the dirty work for Iran, a major supporter of terrorism.

I don't think the US cares who comes out on top as long as we can maintian some influence over the winner and protect Israel at the same time.

The US should care.

Iran has the bomb.

Don't forget that sooner or later Iran will be forced to dispach its military and air force to get seriously involved, which with any doubt would be more than a match for ISIS and swiftly reclaim lost territory.

There is no doubt the Iranian military is already advising the Iraqi army with strategy and intelligence and the terrorist group Hezbollah is actively fighting and suffering losses in its battle against ISIS.

Oil supplies are not a concern for the world as evidenced in the price of oil worldwide.

If the Iranian block can't contain ISIS, then is the time to step in with deadly force, however, at the present time let's not do the dirty work for Iran, a major supporter of terrorism.
Oi and especially pipelines in that region will always be a concern.

The US should care.

Iran has the bomb.

No doubt Iranian Quds force is assisting Iraqi Army. All the military gear we have given Iraq has already been reverse engineered by Iran and info shared with China. I say keep Iran out of Iraq. That was the whole reason we did not topple Saddam in 1991.

The US should care.

Iran has the bomb.

Oi and especially pipelines in that region will always be a concern.

The important factor is that irrespectively of who is controlling the oil fields in a fluid situation, the oil is being sold on the world markets, so supply is more or less normal.

I agree with you that for the time being things are relatively stable but there's no way the US will or should settle for that region to fall under the control of Iran.

Maybe the Saudis weren't on Wesley's list?

"As I went back through the Pentagon in November 2001, one of the senior military staff officers had time for a chat. Yes, we were still on track for going against Iraq, he said. But there was more. This was being discussed as part of a five-year campaign plan, he said, and there were a total of seven countries, beginning with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and finishing off Iran."

Does anyone care to guess how chaotic the Middle East will be by November 2016, possibly just in time for our first female commander in chief?

Wesley Clark - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I agree with you that for the time being things are relatively stable but there's no way the US will or should settle for that region to fall under the control of Iran.

I don't think you fully understand the geo-political situation.

Iran is already a close influencial ally of Iraq.... but Iran has no intention of annexing Iraq whatsoever.

Let the sunnis(ISIS) and shias (Iran) kill each other .... we can watch and wait in the meantime ...and step in with force afterwards if necessary.

Brings me back to 2003 and the decision to topple Saddam.

I have always thought we were better off with the ruthless Sadam's and Assad's, it seems to be the only way to control the radical Islamist. We looked the other way and let someone else keep these radicals in control. Taking out Saddam seems to have set this all in motion. His invasion of little Kuwait has changed the region and the US for decades

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Worried that Jordan could be vulnerable to the Islamic State militant group, the U.S. is stepping up its intelligence cooperation with one of its most stalwart Middle East allies.

"The CIA has approached a retired former agency official with close ties to King Abdullah II about setting up a special task force to help Jordan deal with the threat from the Islamic State group, according to two former agency officials who would not be quoted by name discussing a secret mission.

"The retiree, Robert Richer, a former Marine who was chief of CIA's Near East division, became close with King Abdullah when he was Amman station chief in 1999.

"Richer is now a consultant with clients in Jordan, according to his LinkedIn page. He declined to comment."

It's hard to imagine IS overcoming Jordan's military; however, should that happen, the militants would have a clear shot at Saudi Arabia's northern tribes with the possibility of securing Mecca and Medina.

US fears Islamic State group attack on Jordan - US News

Forum List

Back