Syria,Iraq, and ISIS

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
Back in August of last year, the Obama administration was drawing a red line on Syria and wanting to bomb Syrian Army positions. Even "War on the Brain" McCain was pushing for this. Had we helped topple Assad last year, we can now have insight into the bloodshed that would have followed because of ISIS actions in Iraq. Neo Con theory calls for toppling these dictators and monarchs of the North Africa, Middle East and West Asia and thus democracy will follow. Idea was to give opposition groups in those nations an alternative to joining Islamic Extremist organizations. Instead what we have seen is the removal of Saddam has brought civil war and ISIS into Iraq. The Arab Spring has brought the Islamic Brotherhood to power in many of those countries. Now Obama administration is contemplating bombing ISIS in Syria. Assad must be laughing right now. What our next move? Do we now support Assad "the gasser" in order to fight ISIS? Has the Neo-Con approach been a failure? Under there plan we would need to keep large numbers of US troops engaged in that region indefinitely at the cost of hundreds of billions of dollars that we don't have. What's the next move on ISIS and what's the United States long term goals in this region of the world?

Let's see now...the US gov arms and supports ISIS in it's efforts to overthrow Assad. McCain the maniac, pushes for war in Syria and claims ISIS are good people. The dude needs a drug test or a mental competence test...he is CRAZY!

And now we are told by the dipshit fear-mongering Hagel, that ISIS is extremely dangerous and get ready for terror in America.

And where is the main stream media on all of this? Are they informing Americans that our government supported ISIS? Are they criticizing Crazy McCain, Hagel, or Obama for the dumb actions and statements?

No and no.

American foreign policy is in total disarray under our current Dear Leader. Nobody in the administration has the slightest idea what to do anywhere in the world.

Let's just hope we survive and avoid an attack until after the mid-terms when sanity can be restored to the House and Senate.

I am afraid even to think about ir.
For ISIS has threatened to attack America - and we can't ignore that.
And we are also sort of responsible this ISIS appeared in the first place.
But the our actions in the region have been a total fail so far.
Frankly, I would prefer the countries in the region to deal with it themselves.

Just saw McCain on Fox. Explained that his call to bomb Syrian Army back in August 2013 was coupled with support for Free Syrian Army against groups like ISIS. No...he called Assad a rouge regime and wanted to topple him. That would have created a power vacuum and more instability in the region.

No one knows what they are doing in this administration.----except for lying and back pedalling. They have that down pat.

Just saw McCain on Fox. Explained that his call to bomb Syrian Army back in August 2013 was coupled with support for Free Syrian Army against groups like ISIS. No...he called Assad a rouge regime and wanted to topple him. That would have created a power vacuum and more instability in the region.

mccain-syria.jpg

McLame and the Manchurian muslim, 2 peas in the same pod! Both useless POS!

The best policy for the US would be to re-arm the Kurds sufficiently and help out in the current humanitarian crisis, but not to get engaged in a full scale war on the side of Iraq.

The reason is very simple, ISIS is an enemy of the West, so is the Iranian-Iraqi-Syrian- Lebanese power block, which is always lurking in the background.

We should let Iran come to the assistance of Iraq and Syria .

Let them kill and neutralized each other!. Don't get in the way of two Western enemies who are fighting each other...we have made this mistake before.

Iran has conveniently kept itself invisible during this current crises hoping that the idiot Obama will do all its work on its behalf.

The best policy for the US would be to re-arm the Kurds sufficiently and help out in the current humanitarian crisis, but not to get engaged in a full scale war on the side of Iraq.

The reason is very simple, ISIS is an enemy of the West, so is the Iranian-Iraqi-Syrian- Lebanese power block, which is always lurking in the background.

We should let Iran come to the assistance of Iraq and Syria .

Let them kill and neutralized each other!. Don't get in the way of two Western enemies who are fighting each other...we have made this mistake before.

Iran has conveniently kept itself invisible during this current crises hoping that the idiot Obama will do all its work on its behalf.
You are correct. Our biggest obstacle is the regional power broker Iran. Obama, Clinton, Kerry has reached out to try to negotiate with them on a larger solution. Iran is a sponsor of terrorism and our enemy. I think the Kurds are the way to go and back Israel in its fight against Iranian backed Hamas. We could try to reach out to FSA to help us fight ISIS.

I'm still wanting to know where the European air strikes are against ISIS?

I don't think the US cares who comes out on top as long as we can maintian some influence over the winner and protect Israel at the same time.

I don't think the US cares who comes out on top as long as we can maintian some influence over the winner and protect Israel at the same time.
I agree with that assessment as well. This whole situation over there is fascinating and complex.

I really think the W. Bush administration was wanting to lock us into Iraq's future that even future Presidents would not be able to extract themselves. Guessing this resentment is the onus for Obama's hasty pull out.

Fm. Gen Wes Clarke just made good point on the news. "Where are the Saudis ?" They are directly threatened by the crisis in the region. Didn't we give them F-18's?

Forum List

Back