Syria civil war death toll passes 191,000

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I realize that there are many posters here who could care less about this huge number, but so many of those killed were innocent people.

Source: AP | August 23, 2014

THE death toll from three years of Syria’s civil war has risen to more than 191,000, the United Nations said yesterday.

The figure, covering the period from March 2011 to April 2014, is the first issued by the UN’s human rights office since July 2013, when it documented more than 100,000 killed.

The death toll is a reflection of the brutality of Syria’s conflict, which has transformed into a complex, multi-layered war where various factions fight against each other.

Continue reading at:

Syria civil war death toll passes 191 000 Shanghai Daily?

I realize that there are many posters here who could care less about this huge number, but so many of those killed were innocent people.

Source: AP | August 23, 2014

THE death toll from three years of Syria’s civil war has risen to more than 191,000, the United Nations said yesterday.

The figure, covering the period from March 2011 to April 2014, is the first issued by the UN’s human rights office since July 2013, when it documented more than 100,000 killed.

The death toll is a reflection of the brutality of Syria’s conflict, which has transformed into a complex, multi-layered war where various factions fight against each other.

Continue reading at:

Syria civil war death toll passes 191 000 Shanghai Daily?

....and half the population is displaced or a refugee.

Maybe it wasn't such a great idea for everyone to try and overthrow Assad.

So, Daffy, tell us how you didn't participate here when the toll was around 100,000? Were you waiting for the number killed to be approx. 200,000 before you said anything. You will have to ask the Free Syria Army why they started up. I would imagine it was for the same reason that the other uprisings took place -- people, especially the young, weren't happy with their tyranical leaders and wanted a change.

what happened to the CHEERLEADERS FOR THE
GLORIOUS ******ARAB SPRING********??? As I recall----
the cheer leaders were not DAJOOOOOOOS ----and we
joooooooos was criticized for our 'cynical Zionistic" lack of
joy----(that was more than two years ago and on various
-----some now defunct----messageboards-----I wonder where
those cheerleaders went...........)

Forum List

Back