Suspicious calls re: computer

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Has anyone had persistent calls from folks about their computer having problems? They seem to be from India, and more times than not, there's a long silence and then a "goodbye". Today I talked to a man who called, and he refused to give me a phone number. When I asked questions he hung up. I wonder if people fall for it.
I tried *69 but got a recording saying, "can't be used for your last call" .. any suggestions?

Next time ask for their credit card information and tell them you charge $500 an hour to deal with callers.

Has anyone had persistent calls from folks about their computer having problems? They seem to be from India, and more times than not, there's a long silence and then a "goodbye". Today I talked to a man who called, and he refused to give me a phone number. When I asked questions he hung up. I wonder if people fall for it.
I tried *69 but got a recording saying, "can't be used for your last call" .. any suggestions?

I get the robo calls with nobody on them. By the time I say my 3rd hello, I hang up, even if I hear somebody say something. They have gotten where they are either calling, using my number or a neighbor's number. They are spoofing their identity, so they don't warrant any conversation from me unless it's me telling them to perform a sexual act upon themselves.

Thankfully I live in one of the toughest no call states.
I haven't had an unsolicited call or text in years.
It's nice

Thankfully I live in one of the toughest no call states.
I haven't had an unsolicited call or text in years.
It's nice

Virginia passed laws banning unsolicited calls, but these calls are coming from out of state, and like I alluded to before, they are spoofing their numbers. I complained to my local phone company, but I get blown off by BS.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back