Suspect in Maine massacres may be on verge of arrest

The same for David Berkowitz (Son of Sam). When that happens it would be a good idea to restrict their access to guns.
There is no argument in that regard.

I have no issue with a person adjudicated via due process of law as threat to themselves or others to be restricted from owning most firearms.

Police surround home in search for suspect in fatal shooting of 18 in Maine​

“You need to come outside now with nothing in your hands. Your hands in the air,” police shouted through a megaphone outside the home near the town of Bowdoin.

1698366640924.png

Law enforcement officers hold rifles while investigating a scene, in Bowdoin, Maine, Thursday. Residents have been ordered to shelter in place as police continue to search for the suspect of Wednesday's mass shootings

There is no argument in that regard.

I have no issue with a person adjudicated via due process of law as threat to themselves or others to be restricted from owning most firearms.
But that's the problem. That process can take months or even years. Meanwhile the person is temporarily unstable. So they often go off, before they can be adjudicated.

We find out after one of these mass shooters goes off, that people close to them knew they were dangerous, but couldn't do anything about it.

But that's the problem. That process can take months or even years. Meanwhile the person is temporarily unstable. So they often go off, before they can be adjudicated.

We find out after one of these mass shooters goes off, that people close to them knew they were dangerous, but couldn't do anything about it.
This is what happens when trust in government erodes to the point of nonexistence.

I don't trust the government with nonjudicial preemptive firearm confiscation powers.

Therefore I will fight them tooth and nail.

This is what happens when trust in government erodes to the point of nonexistence.

I don't trust the government with nonjudicial preemptive firearm confiscation powers.

Therefore I will fight them tooth and nail.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

The guy was an Army Reservist for like 20 years. Seems that this psychotic break occurred within the last year. Apparently he was hearing voices.
That's kind of late in life for something like that to happen, no?

Dude has a house on hundreds of acres, I'd be happier than a pig in a waller.

There's nothing that says he's even at that house.

They still ain't got him. He wasn't at home, now they're looking for him in a boat.

Forum List

Back