Surprise: OWS protesters don’t like their own wealth redistributed

Now this is funny :lol:

Occupy Wall Street protesters said yesterday that packs of brazen crooks within their ranks have been robbing their fellow demonstrators blind, making off with pricey cameras, phones and laptops — and even a hefty bundle of donated cash and food.

“Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment,” said Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Surprise: OWS protesters don’t like their own wealth redistributed | TheBlaze.com

I am sorry but this is justice at it's best. They want to take others wealth but when it happens to them they don't like it so much. Object lesson for us all careful what you seek you may get it and not like what you get.

Whatcha expect? Several of them are Paulists.

Now this is funny :lol:

Occupy Wall Street protesters said yesterday that packs of brazen crooks within their ranks have been robbing their fellow demonstrators blind, making off with pricey cameras, phones and laptops — and even a hefty bundle of donated cash and food.

“Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment,” said Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.
Surprise: OWS protesters don’t like their own wealth redistributed | TheBlaze.com

I am sorry but this is justice at it's best. They want to take others wealth but when it happens to them they don't like it so much. Object lesson for us all careful what you seek you may get it and not like what you get.

Whatcha expect? Several of them are Paulists.

I don't care who they are, but if they are advocating taking the private proprety of another person I will not have pity on them if something they have is stolen

You guys think it's "justice" when people you disagree with politically are victimized by crime?

Poetic justice...they are all about wealth distribution...
How do they like it now. :eek:

Perhaps it is justice. But it's better to return good for evil. They may be advocating theft, but id rather still protecting their rights because it protects mine even if they are trying to take mine away.

You guys think it's "justice" when people you disagree with politically are victimized by crime?

Perhaps it is justice. But it's better to return good for evil. They may be advocating theft, but id rather still protecting their rights because it protects mine even if they are trying to take mine away.

party pooper:razz:

Some have the ability to learn through the Socratic method, most others don't and they need a lab/practical lesson.

Just the way it is.

We no longer emphasize the Socratic method in primary and secondary education, either.

Correlation? Possibly.

Last edited:

Sorry, Doc but when people are so naive that they buy into the whole Kumbaya thing I have a hard time refraining from being amused at their shock when they discover that it doesn't work.

Surely you can see the irony in the fact that these people had their money ripped off because instead of keeping it in a safe place...ie the banks all around them that they are protesting against...they trusted their fellow protesters and had it stolen.

Sorry, Doc but when people are so naive that they buy into the whole Kumbaya thing I have a hard time refraining from being amused at their shock when they discover that it doesn't work.

Surely you can see the irony in the fact that these people had their money ripped off because instead of keeping it in a safe place...ie the banks all around them that they are protesting against...they trusted their fellow protesters and had it stolen.

I don't think that any of the protesters are "shocked" that they got robbed.

There's no "irony" involved either - since I'm certain they all have bank accounts anyway.

But continue reveling in their misery, it's a really classy thing to do.

Living on the streets and owning expensive equipment?

Probably not a very good plan.

Some have the ability to learn through the Socratic method, most others don't and they need a lab/practical lesson.

Just the way it is.

We no longer emphasize the Socratic method in primary and secondary education, either.

Correlation? Possibly.

What she said:clap2:

What he said:clap2:

There's no "irony" involved either - since I'm certain they all have bank accounts anyway.

They want to take money from others, so let's just call this a lesson plan how it feels when something that belongs to you is stolen by someone else. Someone was probuly in need of those things taken why should you object to that?

Is it just me, Doc or do the OWS protesters not revel in bringing misery to others on a daily basis? The goal of most of their marches is to block New York City streets or bridges in order to draw attention to their demands. In doing so they bring the misery of extended commutes to their fellow citizens. The protesters force the police to arrest them and the tax payers to foot the bill for the added police presence to do so. Now they're talking about trying to overload the court system to shut that down. Let's not even get into the poor people that have to live in the area of that park in NYC...between the smells and the noise they're subjected to now...their lives have got to be a living hell. So should I really feel sorry for a group of people who go out of their way to be as annoying as possible to their fellow citizens? Sorry, but I'm not following your logic here.

And the "irony" is that so many of them spout nonsense about getting rid of money yet when someone steals money from them it's a problem. That's priceless.

Last edited:
They want to take others wealth but when it happens to them they don't like it so much.

Since they're protesting the wholesale robbery of the 99% to enrich the 1% over the past thirty years, there's no reason to see this as ironic in the slightest.

Indeed....unless they are within that 1%, there is no irony. They are not protesting that the wealth of the 99% be distributed around.

But....actually, the main message of the OWS movement (yes, I know there are multiple, sometimes contradictory messages), is that the CORRUPTION bought by the $$$ of the 1% be ended.

the real irony is that they did not mind assisting the 1% in getting wealthy when they bought those expensive laptops, computers, cameras and ipads. To the contrary, many of them waited on long lines to be the first to have them.

They want to take others wealth but when it happens to them they don't like it so much.

Since they're protesting the wholesale robbery of the 99% to enrich the 1% over the past thirty years, there's no reason to see this as ironic in the slightest.

Indeed....unless they are within that 1%, there is no irony. They are not protesting that the wealth of the 99% be distributed around.

But....actually, the main message of the OWS movement (yes, I know there are multiple, sometimes contradictory messages), is that the CORRUPTION bought by the $$$ of the 1% be ended.

Then stop voting for corrupt politicians. Seems easy enough, and a hell of a lot more rational than sleeping on a street.

Come on, thieves are just trying to make better living for their families.

Maybe they should build electrified fence around their camps to keep them out?

Forum List

Back