Surfing three year-old is a natural

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Surfing 3-year-old from SLO is 'just a natural,' dad says | Local News | SanLuisObispo.com

At age 2, Triston was inspired to boogie board by his sister, London, 6. But in June, his father bought him a 5-foot-8 surfboard from Costco — and Triston caught on right away.

At first, his dad would prop him on the board in a standing position, then push him into oncoming waves. More recently, Triston asked if he could ride on his belly.

“I just thought he was going to boogie-board in,” said Gailey, who is divorced from Triston’s mother. “So I pushed him on his tummy, and I glanced at the waves coming in. I looked back at him riding on his tummy just in time to see him pop right up, all by himself, and ride it all the way in.”

The kid’s a quick study. During a break at a soccer game, he once dribbled a ball across the field — at 14 months. He’s been riding a bicycle without training wheels for half a year. And he also skateboards and rock climbs.

He’s hiked Half Dome at Yosemite National Park three times, and he’s already been on his first surf trip to Baja.

Video at the link. He rocks!

Forum List

Back