Sure is quiet around here...since the election.

It's a slow news week. The Imaginarium's fantasies of what a predictable midterm "means" have pushed the usual Ebola/ISIS/gayphobe fare to the back burner. Consequently the babble is more boring than usual.

Apparently, every liberal that considered him or herself an expert on elections has been proven wrong. They are all off in a corner crying and licking their wounds from getting their Democratic asses slapped around. I think they should get used to it because there is more of it on the way come 2016.

Apparently, every liberal that considered him or herself an expert on elections has been proven wrong. They are all off in a corner crying and licking their wounds from getting their Democratic asses slapped around. I think they should get used to it because there is more of it on the way come 2016.

Strange post, since what I've been saying all along was proven right.
Course, I never claimed to be an "expert". I just observe history. And wonder why others don't.

So since most of the liberals successfully predicted the election results, the usual suspects are declaring the liberals were wrong. Whatever.

Most of the conservatives here cut and ran in 2012, but none of the liberals ran in 2014. That's flustering many of the conservatives now.

First, they don't understand how anyone could not be as wimpy as themselves. It makes them look bad.

And second, they though their humiliation would cease if their party won, but it hasn't decreased at all.

Present here. Licking wounds over what? Ownership of the country hasn't changed. You conservatives will still stand in line to worship and kiss a rich man's ass and ridicule the less fortunate as lazy bums.

LOL.....

My party lost the election.

And life continues on. My life hasn't changed. I wish the Republicans had not won, but they did, and our country will struggle on even so.

I am not crying, I am not upset. I hope that Democrats and Obama learn somethings from the election, but all in all, not much will be changing.

Course, I never claimed to be an "expert". I just observe history. And wonder why others don't.

I disagree. The Ds have not experienced a Perot/TEA party style revolt since 1948 because they are a rigid parliamentary style national party. By destroying dissenters such as Blanche Lincoln in 2010 they have also destroyed their mechanism of making big advances in non-presidential years. This has conceded statewide offices in states like FL, GA and TX to the Republicans. By turning state and local Ds into appratchniks they are dissolving their bench but they should remain competitive at the presidential level for decades.

Me too.

And it seems just as noisy as ever here. Can't wait for 2016.

Me too.

CLINTON POWER!!!

Just failed in the last election.

I bet she can't even get enough support to stay in the primaries if she is foolish enough to run.

Me too.

CLINTON POWER!!!

Just failed in the last election.

I bet she can't even get enough support to stay in the primaries if she is foolish enough to run.

And another reason to embrace the oncoming election.

--LOL

I disagree. The Ds have not experienced a Perot/TEA party style revolt since 1948 because they are a rigid parliamentary style national party. By destroying dissenters such as Blanche Lincoln in 2010 they have also destroyed their mechanism of making big advances in non-presidential years. This has conceded statewide offices in states like FL, GA and TX to the Republicans. By turning state and local Ds into appratchniks they are dissolving their bench but they should remain competitive at the presidential level for decades.

In what way was Blanche Lincoln a "dissenter"?

State and local politics should be an open field. But in the environment we have, where political analysis is continually reduced to emotional sound bites, where one party is broad-brushed as "big gummint taxing communists" and the other as "bible thumping redneck racists" --- that is as long as the unwashed look at the two parties as "brands" to be sold and pays no deeper attention than slogans, those marketing successes/failures are going to follow them right down to the level of dogcatcher. So if the DP is anathema on that basis in the South, it's going to be pretty much futile to run for state senator level with that emotional baggage around your neck. Voters are unfortunately just not smart enough to separate the candidate from the marketing campaign. They'll respond to those sound bite ads without ever finding out what is or isn't behind them.

After all, we still have wags right on this board trying to make the case that DP politics ruins the cities they run -- as if political philosophy could play a part at that level. It's the desperation version of the same marketing. And in practice, we still have Republicans here in the South running unopposed. That's because it's all about marketing, and the RP "brand" has prevailed, i.e. its image has prevailed, in this region.

Anyone at this point who believes elections are more about actual politics than about advertising, just ain't paying attention.

"Sure is quiet around here...since the election."

There's no more need for hysterical ebola and ISIS threads...since the election.

Zackly. It's hard to restart Chicken Little once she's taken time off. That's an admission that the sky wasn't falling after all.

But we're not supposed to notice. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back